Intellivision Master

Wouldn't That Be Something? ™

17 minutes ago, woobman said:

This is an open-source, public domain game, you probably already have a device that can play it because the required specs are quite low. It uses the enhanced graphics and sounds from the 3DO port. sc2.sourceforge.net

No need to wish for someone to port it, because it’s already been done. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, Flojomojo said:

This is an open-source, public domain game, you probably already have a device that can play it because the required specs are quite low. It uses the enhanced graphics and sounds from the 3DO port. sc2.sourceforge.net

No need to wish for someone to port it, because it’s already been done. 

A true sequel to this game (Star Control 3 was a huge disappointment) with the same zoom-in overhead battles, *light* resource management, minimal text/adventure stories, campaign maps and original Master of Orion type interaction between races is a dream come true. The original Star Control had a strategy mode, but it was pretty lame.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, fdr4prez said:

Caveman Ugh-lympics

This was a fam favorite in my household. It has just the right amount of quirkiness and humor to it. This would be a perfect fit for what Amico wants to be.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

This was a fam favorite in my household. It has just the right amount of quirkiness and humor to it. This would be a perfect fit for what Amico wants to be.

When I was 14 this was funny.

But like the cavemen, you need to evolve! 

I am not certain throwing a woman by the hair would fall under the Amico SAFE qualifiers.

But this certainly explains a lot!

However, you are on to something.  Track and Field arcade or Summer Games I and II, and Winter Games would be nice to see re-imagined.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

I am not certain throwing a woman by the hair would fall under the Amico SAFE qualifiers.

Easy fix.  Just reverse the roles and it'll be fine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

But this certainly explains a lot!

By the hair? You must think about throwing women by the hair a lot. Freudian slip perhaps? That explains your demeanor a lot. 

Screenshot_20210905-100828_YouTube.thumb.jpg.33c83fe0e0eedee99feef721674b4f0f.jpg

Especially since there was no hair throwing in this game. Hmm, weird comment. Ask yourself why that is?

Edited by MrBeefy

Not sure if the Amico controller can handle it all the assets needed for something like this, but if they can I'd like to see more games like this. There are also number tracing ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

By the hair? You must think about throwing women by the hair a lot. Freudian slip perhaps? That explains your demeanor a lot. 

Screenshot_20210905-100828_YouTube.thumb.jpg.33c83fe0e0eedee99feef721674b4f0f.jpg

Especially since there was no hair throwing in this game. Hmm, weird comment. Ask yourself why that is?

Looks like they are actually having fun in that screen shot. She has a smile on her face!

I think some people are self projecting hair pulling and hair throwing. Sounds a little too kinky for this family forum. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Looks like they are actually having fun in that screen shot. She has a smile on her face!

I think some people are self projecting hair pulling and hair throwing. Sounds a little too kinky for this family forum. 

Crudla, who was second best all around, also threw her wife. If you did really good they would give you a thumbs up or dance at the end.

I always liked the dino vaulting best even though it was a finger killer. I have to use some type of turbo for my less than young hands now.

This is another family favorite. It's only on Switch as far as I know but could probably be ported. Works with both motion and touchscreen. The audio in this video seems off. It sounds much better than shown here. The controls are great. You can use different brushes or even a brush that stays in the lines for you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Corrected on the hair...  I haven't played this since I was 14. I should have refreshed my memory.

However, Still not certain this will "fly"  Smiling or screaming.

16 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Corrected on the hair...  I haven't played this since I was 14. I should have refreshed my memory.

We know what the real intention of your posts were. Since you care so much here is a resource for you to hand out when needed. https://www.thehotline.org/

And if you want to really get into the weeds of if the mate toss is bad, they might want to look into all the violence in their games. Flying Tigers involved killing other planes, Night Stalker promotes gun violence, Battle Tanks promotes war and violence, dynablaster promotes bombing others, Bi-planes shooting others again, EK and Collossal Crash make like of and encourage risky driving and making light of T-boning others, and I'm sure the Christian crowd will love hohow EWJ preview showed how willing he is to choose "heck" not to mention normalizing gun use (assuming he uses it). 

I feel like I've missed one or two things, but I think my point is there. :D

To modernize the Caveman games you could make it more like a shot put where they use a giant bolder or Egg. If you throw the egg too short mad momma Trex could eat you or if you throw it far the egg hatches and does a silly dance to celebrate.

• Haha 1

and I'm sure the Christian crowd will love hohow EWJ preview showed how willing he is to choose "heck" not to mention normalizing gun use (assuming he uses it). 

They might get a little riled up over some language (and boobies, for some reason) but I don't think they'll mind the gun use.

Well, maybe, now that I think about it.  Real gun use is 100% ok, but guns in video games are the problem, if I understand it right.  So, yeah...

To modernize the Caveman games you could make it more like a shot put where they use a giant bolder or Egg. If you throw the egg too short mad momma Trex could eat you or if you throw it far the egg hatches and does a silly dance to celebrate.

Good idea!  Or they could just have the egg in a large "sling" or something and keep the gameplay/event exactly the same.  Wouldn't even need to change it to shot put.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Good idea!  Or they could just have the egg in a large "sling" or something and keep the gameplay/event exactly the same.  Wouldn't even need to change it to shot put.

Good idea on the sling. As long as your character starts spinning red and purple from exhaustion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

And if you want to really get into the weeds of if the mate toss is bad, they might want to look into all the violence in their games. Flying Tigers involved killing other planes, Night Stalker promotes gun violence, Battle Tanks promotes war and violence, dynablaster promotes bombing others, Bi-planes shooting others again, EK and Collossal Crash make like of and encourage risky driving and making light of T-boning others, and I'm sure the Christian crowd will love hohow EWJ preview showed how willing he is to choose "heck" not to mention normalizing gun use (assuming he uses it). 

I think my point was clearly violence against women.

I have not played a few of these games listed or know much about them.  The whole earth warm jim thing, has zero meaning to me.  Never played any of them on any platform, so I cannot talk to this.

Nor have I played dynablaster so for now, I cannot speak to that either.  But I will take what you said at face value on these.

However, EK was okayed by his family, so I would think no one should have a problem with this one?  And lets face it.  He was a bad @$$ and actually did this crazy stuff.  Not on a dirt bike with great suspension and lighter weight.

Collossal Crash, I think this is the hot wheels game?  Which is toy cars, so...  Whatever.

The rest all have that cartoon-ish graphics that dampen the violent aspect of them.  The wii has the plane game? ( wii sports resort? been to long ), they do a great job with you shooting balloons. 

Triple Action Bi-Planes was the games even my 4 sisters would play. This was great because I like this game and didn't need my brother or friends around to have someone to play against.

I honestly never understood the blow back on star strike or any of the other early games.  Or how sesame street has a parental warning?  I guess, they might learn to read or count LOL   Danger! Danger!

But games that are life like and violent I do understand.  I don't think kids thought they could run off a cliff, and as long as they didn't look down, they wouldn't fall.  Looney Tunes style. ( I hope not at least! )

Anyway, spent way to much time responding to this.   I should have played the video to remember the women was thrown by her feet.  I mean, that is just so much better :(

Another great fit for Amico, Tinker Racers. Instead of being about finishing first it is about survival. Be good for those who like Micro Machines.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

They could make a medieval version and do this version instead

Is that better?

DISCLAIMER: No women were harmed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

They could make a medieval version and do this version instead

Is that better?

DISCLAIMER: No women were harmed

Cloudy needs an axe wielding dwarf in it. Tag team co-op moves in which you throw the dwarf for a powerful axe strike. Like Collosus and Wolverine's fastball special.

Edited by MrBeefy
Typo. And my axe.
  • Like 1

After seeing my youngest (7 yrs) and ALL his friends going crazy for this game, not having some multiplayer rip off of this game would be a missed opportunity for Amico.  From a design standpoint, looks like a quick n' easy thing to make.

• Like 2