Bonkey Kong

When will Gamestop update the launch date?

image.thumb.png.92c31a827a4004b5422cb7526fd8946c.png

Still listed on Gamestop as 10/10/21 release date, when will they correct this to make potential customers aware of the delay?

• Like 3

I wonder if they will just delete it? No launch date, so will they say TBD?

Gamestop in my town by the way has no clue of Amico by the way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Mine didn't know anything either.

I'm not sure what they will do. I think a TBD doesn't look good but that is all we have.

51 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

I would think the most likely outcome is for them to completely remove the Amico from their site and refund any preorders.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I would think the most likely outcome is for them to completely remove the Amico from their site and refund any preorders.

That seems a little extreme. I doubt that will happen. It isn't hard to get a refund from them. Looks like Gamestop needs to check their email.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

That seems a little extreme. I doubt that will happen. It isn't hard to get a refund from them. Looks like Gamestop needs to check their email.

Yea my Gamestop has fallen so far I visit my local game/records store far more often.

Be anxious to see what the update on Amico comes in at.

7 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Yea my Gamestop has fallen so far I visit my local game/records store far more often.

Be anxious to see what the update on Amico comes in at.

Yeah mine has a ver lackluster selection of games.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I think that's a little extreme.  I don't see them removing the Amico from their website but instead they will eventually change the date.  As far as refunds, they did not take any money for preorders.  You get charged when the console ships.  At least that's what their website told me when I looked into preordering from them.

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

I think that's a little extreme.  I don't see them removing the Amico from their website but instead they will eventually change the date.  As far as refunds, they did not take any money for preorders.  You get charged when the console ships.  At least that's what their website told me when I looked into preordering from them.

You put a little money down or you can continue to pay on it. So they very well could have $5-$300 of people's money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

You put a little money down or you can continue to pay on it. So they very well could have $5-$300 of people's money.

There is no money down required according to the highlighted below:

image.thumb.png.fa416ba1a90e9995e0adbd70935a0b20.png

Unless I am missing something?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

If you preordered online, they don't require a deposit.  If you preordered in store, they generally require $25 to reserve a console and you can always put down up to the full price of the console at any time.  Gamestop deposits are fully refundable, although it can be a hassle sometimes as the store employees have a strong incentive to try to convince you to put the deposit on another item rather than getting a refund.  The big issue for me is that my credit card expires at the end of the year and Gamestop's website makes updating your credit card very difficult which means I will likely have to cancel anyway and reorder.  Probably just going to cancel the preorder and wait and see what happens at this point.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

My GS required at least a $5 down. However wouldn't need the rest until shipping. I also was able to put more than just the $5 down. So I was able to chunk it up however I wanted.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

If you preordered online, they don't require a deposit.  If you preordered in store, they generally require $25 to reserve a console and you can always put down up to the full price of the console at any time.  Gamestop deposits are fully refundable, although it can be a hassle sometimes as the store employees have a strong incentive to try to convince you to put the deposit on another item rather than getting a refund.  The big issue for me is that my credit card expires at the end of the year and Gamestop's website makes updating your credit card very difficult which means I will likely have to cancel anyway and reorder.  Probably just going to cancel the preorder and wait and see what happens at this point.    

I didn't think about how doing it online would be different. My experience was in person.

22 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Apparently they're already available 🙄

eBay

When I posted this link it was for a $2000 Galaxy Purple Amico on eBay.  They had the black and white ones also listed.  Looks like the seller changed them to $10 office chairs and ended the listings 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

When I posted this link it was for a $2000 Galaxy Purple Amico on eBay.  They had the black and white ones also listed.  Looks like the seller changed them to $10 office chairs and ended the listings 🤔

Were they coming straight from the factory or what? 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

image.thumb.png.f2ec639126ca3117ce4ade3f253bf24e.png

image.png.3a1a7892c5a9b8af7f108edf6aa1eaa1.png

image.thumb.png.23d41c8009ab964eba2dfea135a96d96.png

image.thumb.png.7de28007a0ed7805f82b631e3f0ecbcc.png

image.thumb.png.69d6ea7bc719b24847d752093ec14ba5.png

I can confirm that Gamestop is still accepting pre-orders.  Looks like so far I am only risking 10 cents, lol.

Edited by Bonkey Kong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

image.thumb.png.f2ec639126ca3117ce4ade3f253bf24e.png

image.png.3a1a7892c5a9b8af7f108edf6aa1eaa1.png

image.thumb.png.23d41c8009ab964eba2dfea135a96d96.png

image.thumb.png.7de28007a0ed7805f82b631e3f0ecbcc.png

image.thumb.png.69d6ea7bc719b24847d752093ec14ba5.png

I can confirm that Gamestop is still accepting pre-orders.  Looks like so far I am only risking 10 cents, lol.

I do wonder how long it will take to catch up. Any guesses how they will list it? TBD?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I do wonder how long it will take to catch up. Any guesses how they will list it? TBD?

The release date on Gamestop website may not change until after the next official announcement is made.

I am aware of the delays but still pre-ordered because I finally realized it don't cost any deposit to pre-order online at Gamestop and turns out so far they only put a pending charge of 10 cents, lol.

I was able to use Paypal and check out as a guest without even signing up for Gamestop account.

Looks like it is easy to cancel too if I change my mind but since I am not risking any money, what the heck do I got to lose but I am just some Amico Hater so what do I know.

Edited by Bonkey Kong
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

The release date on Gamestop website may not change until after the next official announcement is made.

I am aware of the delays but still pre-ordered because I finally realized it don't cost any deposit to pre-order online at Gamestop and turns out so far they only put a pending charge of 10 cents, lol.

I was able to use Paypal and check out as a guest without even signing up for Gamestop account.

Looks like it is easy to cancel too if I change my mind but since I am not risking any money, what the heck do I got to lose but I am just some Amico Hater so what do I know.

I wouldn't think a hater would put money towards it. You do only have a dime in it. :P

• Haha 2

According to Gamestop, Amico has a release date of 12/31/2021.

So looks like Amico will ship this year after all.  Good news everyone!

1EDA83A0-8FA7-4422-8F47-8CE787C7B1E3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

Hopefully. That is still a placeholder date though.

Is it?   The IE newsletter said they are trying to get in hands by this Christmas.  

Gamestop apparently just changed the date this new one. The time for placeholder is done.

• Like 1