Bonkey Kong

When will Gamestop update the launch date?

41 minutes ago, Rev said:

Is it?   The IE newsletter said they are trying to get in hands by this Christmas.  

Gamestop apparently just changed the date this new one. The time for placeholder is done.

First they have to get them manufactured.  As Jeffrey said it's a placeholder.

• Like 2

Placeholder dates are arbitrarily selected by each retailer; they aren't coming from the manufacturer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Placeholder dates are arbitrarily selected by each retailer; they aren't coming from the manufacturer.

Thats incorrect. Tommy states that IE informs retailers the pre order info. 

8CFF317F-D5C0-4267-95B9-86C2E7AA1D16.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correct, if retailers were informed there is currently no release date, it explains why you're seeing arbitrary placeholder dates.

Edit:  December 31 isn't entirely arbitrary.  IE did announce they would try to get some preorders out before the end of the year.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Correct, if retailers were informed there is currently no release date, it explains why you're seeing arbitrary placeholder dates.

Edit:  December 31 isn't entirely arbitrary.  IE did announce they would try to get some preorders out before the end of the year.

Before the end of which year?Screenshot_20210826-083644_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9e0ca81b65d3cc0ac83f857db9112178.jpg

24 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Before the end of which year?

14 hours ago, Rev said:

The IE newsletter said they are trying to get in hands by this Christmas.  

Dates on retailer sites are placeholders as advised by the CEO.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

IE did announce they would try to get some preorders out before the end of the year.

nobody ever said "try" so not sure where you got that from

The official statement says they are "focused" and "determined" to get consoles out this year which means their new target date is 12/31/21.  They just do not want to make it a firm date since they have failed before and may fail again.

They never said they were just going to "try" since "trying" is not enough at this point.

Seriously, enough talk, they have made backers wait long enough. No reason at all why they can't assemble a small quantity and send them out unless the console and games are just still unfinished.  If they need to take a loss on a few hundred consoles to get them out then man up and take the loss.  This is big boy stuff.

All it will take is a high level of "focus" and "determination" to get consoles out this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Dates on retailer sites are placeholders as advised by the CEO.

So you are saying the CEO gave different retailers different dates?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, adam1977 said:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-26-at-16-40-23.png

Yeah Adam, we feel your pain. These retailers out there have vastly different “tentative” release dates. 

Ive seen tentative release dates now for: 

Dec 2021

Dec 2022

Jan 2023

But dont worry man, Amico will release soon enough. 

D7FFA81C-17ED-40FE-A513-515BBFAE6C21.jpeg

Hi Folks,

Retailers pick the placeholder dates, not us.

@Rev, I literally said in the quote of mine you screen grabbed that we don't control what they do with their websites or when.

Giving them updated pre-order information is different than giving them information as to what placeholder date they should put.

This is industry standard and is the same for many delayed products around the world.

I'm glad that folks are very interested and passionate about what we're doing and I hope I was able to help inform you all of the facts of the situation. 

Not everything is a conspiracy theory folks.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rev said:

So you are saying the CEO gave different retailers different dates?

No.  The CEO advised Atariage that the dates are placeholders.  The retailers use placeholder dates when they don't have a date.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

No.  The CEO advised Atariage that the dates are placeholders.  The retailers use placeholder dates when they don't have a date.

There is a date.

The target launch date for preorders is on or before 12/31/21 as stated in their email that went out to people who preordered.

Intellivision is focused and determined to get consoles out this year so that is the target launch date.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Yeah Adam, we feel your pain. These retailers out there have vastly different “tentative” release dates. 

Ive seen tentative release dates now for: 

Dec 2021

Dec 2022

Jan 2023

But dont worry man, Amico will release soon enough. 

D7FFA81C-17ED-40FE-A513-515BBFAE6C21.jpeg

The facepalm meme was for you, as you are digging for something that isn't there and you keep on and on about it 😂

1 hour ago, adam1977 said:

The facepalm meme was for you, as you are digging for something that isn't there and you keep on and on about it 😂

Ill try not to trigger you in the future. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Hi Folks,

Retailers pick the placeholder dates, not us.

@Rev, I literally said in the quote of mine you screen grabbed that we don't control what they do with their websites or when.

Giving them updated pre-order information is different than giving them information as to what placeholder date they should put.

This is industry standard and is the same for many delayed products around the world.

I'm glad that folks are very interested and passionate about what we're doing and I hope I was able to help inform you all of the facts of the situation. 

Not everything is a conspiracy theory folks.

Thanks.

Thanks Tommy, good to hear facts from the actual source on this. And not peoples opinions. 😉

• Like 1