Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mockduck

Atari VCS Store Order Number High-Score :)

Recommended Posts

I noticed that my first purchase through the Atari VCS Store in December 20th, 2020 was listed as order number 623 on the receipt, and after purchasing The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark just now the receipt lists it as order number 7792. Does that mean roughly 7800 sales in total through the Store? I notice the free apps don't give you a receipt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean they have only moved 8K paid games out of 11-15K consoles? Is everyone just playing Antstream, Air Console, Atari Vault 1 and the Unsung Warriors and Guntech demos? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SabertoothRetro said:

Does this mean they have only moved 8K paid games out of 11-15K consoles?

Some are probably sitting unopened in a closet or on ebay.

 

I hope others post order numbers here, it could give a rough idea on monthly sales and show how active the community is over time etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, Mockduck said:

I noticed that my first purchase through the Atari VCS Store in December 20th, 2020 was listed as order number 623 on the receipt, and after purchasing The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark just now the receipt lists it as order number 7792. Does that mean roughly 7800 sales in total through the Store? I notice the free apps don't give you a receipt. 

I just got 7900

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2021 at 1:45 AM, SabertoothRetro said:

Does this mean they have only moved 8K paid games out of 11-15K consoles? Is everyone just playing Antstream, Air Console, Atari Vault 1 and the Unsung Warriors and Guntech demos? 

This would be a shame if it's true. I've bought a dozen or so games. No point to have a system without content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´ve ordered "Atari VCS800 Blk Walnut All-In" at atarivcs.com on June 26th and got Order number #3088.

Yesterday a friend from the US came to Germany and brought it to me, and I love it! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the order numbers for software from the AtariOS store are different than the hardware order numbers. 

 

Here are my software orders and dates from my email: 

 

3-1 4595

3-2 4608

3-5 4636

3-13 4820

3-25 4948

5-9 5534

5-18 5587

8-10 7797

8-20 7979

 

The software order numbers appear to simply increment. If that's true, there have been about 8,000 paid software orders since the soft launch late last year.

 

I wonder what the top selling games are? Of the paid games, VCS Vault 2 has the most ratings (101), followed by Danger Scavenger (89) and Guntech (72). Of course, the total number of ratings in no where near 8K. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided I have to get a VCS....

 

Cannot get it shipped to Canada......from anywhere but ebay at rape pricing. Unless someone coming to Toronto anytime soon can bring me one over the border.

 

I will have to wait another month until hopefully that border opens and I can drive the 4 hours to get it myself.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sn8k said:

I decided I have to get a VCS....

 

Cannot get it shipped to Canada......from anywhere but ebay at rape pricing. Unless someone coming to Toronto anytime soon can bring me one over the border.

 

I will have to wait another month until hopefully that border opens and I can drive the 4 hours to get it myself.

Fly to Mexico, That border is WIDE open.  DBM..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15 Aug, I bought "something ate my alien". My receipt number was 7934.

On 1 Jul, I bought Danger Scavenger, with receipt number 6743.

On 13 Jun, I bought Sir Lovelot, with receipt number 6167.

On 23 May, I bought Aery- Little Bird Adventure, with receipt number 5674.

On 22 May, I bought Frog Hop, with receipt number 5646.

 

I can't find the rest of my purchases in my email program. I must have deleted them...

Edited by tripled79
more to add
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for fun, I looked at the order numbers and dates reported by @Mockduck, @tripled79 and myself for software purchases from the AtariOS store.  Using order 623 on 12/20/20 as the first order and order 7979 on 8/20/21 as the last order, we can (reasonably) ascertain the following: 

 

- 7,356 sales in 243 days; average of 30.27 sales a day. 

 

- from 12/20  to 3/1 there were 3,972 sales in a 71 day period; average of 55.94 sales a day. 

 

- from 3/1 to 8/20 there were 3,384 sales in a 172 day period ; average of 19.67 sales a day. This is a 65% decline in daily number of sales compared to the period 12/20/20 to 3/1/21.  

 

- from 6/13 to 8/10 there were 1,625 sales over a 58 day period; about 28 sales a day. 

 

- from 8/10 to 8/20 there were 182 sales in a 10 day; so 18.2 sales a day. 

 

Obviously, this is rough and we may not be accounting for all sales on a particular start and end date. But given the apparently low number of software sales, it gives us a reasonable picture of software activity at the store. 

 

My guess is that the backers were the most enthusiastic group and largely bought whatever they were interested in early on. With games trickling out slowly and - perhaps - their waning interest, daily sales tapered off. 

 

There is a bit of a jump at retail launch to 28 daily sales but this is back down by August 20 to 18. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, sn8k said:

I will have to wait another month until hopefully that border opens and I can drive the 4 hours to get it myself.

 

Bring back several, and sell them privately to recoup the cost of the one you keep. 😀

 

As a Canadian, it is so frustrating how difficult it can be to obtain certain products here.  Sometimes the grey market is the only option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jhd said:

 

Bring back several, and sell them privately to recoup the cost of the one you keep. 😀

 

As a Canadian, it is so frustrating how difficult it can be to obtain certain products here.  Sometimes the grey market is the only option. 

Hey bro, need a VCS...... $700 lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You laugh, I have indeed seen Canadian retail stores selling new game consoles with a 200% mark-up, after adjusting for the exchange rate. Someone originally purchased the merchandise at retail in the United States for later resale in the shop. 

 

I would not pay that much, but some people are willing to do so or else the market would not exist.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Atari included its order counter on its receipts.  You can totally track all there sales there until they snap and fix it.  LOL they will not snap Atari is dumb!  If you make a game for the VCS now you can expect a max 5k buy if it was the best game ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2021 at 10:59 PM, Chris Brockman said:

LOL Atari included its order counter on its receipts.  You can totally track all there sales there until they snap and fix it.  LOL they will not snap Atari is dumb!  If you make a game for the VCS now you can expect a max 5k buy if it was the best game ever.

Says the guy who doesn't know how to properly use the word "their"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...