IGNORED

Has anyone tried to create a game/demo that explores the 7800's 3D capabilities?

Leeroy ST

• 5 months later...
On 2/25/2022 at 10:12 AM, Cyprian said:

cool demo,

As you have deep knowledge both platforms XE and 7800, can you tell please which platform can generate faster 3D?

Judging from having the engine running on A8, C64 and 7800… it seems 7800 as even same clock speed as the XE it seems faster on 7800… maybe less DMA stealing from Maria?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2023 at 4:21 AM, John Van Ryzin said:

Oddly my early 3D rendering ambitions led to other work that I should have never accepted.  Race Drivin’ and Steel Talons on the SNES.  The later is considered one of the worst SNES games ever made by some. But THQ had no quality standards and I was trying to make a living.

Hi John. 

Many thanks for your insights, people often express frustration with the people behind big name conversions to the popular formats of the time, citing lazy programming. 

But life was never that black and white from what i have learnt from people like yourself being so open. 

Commercial deadlines, inexperience with a system, publishers who didn't care about quality, just as long as a project was completed. 

Just out of interest, you weren't ever approached to convert Steel Talons to any other console system, were you? 

Just trying to see if there's any truth behind claims Steel Talons was ear marked for the ill-fated Atari Panther console. 

Would be nice to know if progress had even got as far as finding a suitable coder.