Sign in to follow this  
Bonkey Kong

Gamestop is still taking Amico orders as of 8/12/21

image.thumb.png.f2ec639126ca3117ce4ade3f253bf24e.png

image.png.3a1a7892c5a9b8af7f108edf6aa1eaa1.png

image.thumb.png.23d41c8009ab964eba2dfea135a96d96.png

image.thumb.png.7de28007a0ed7805f82b631e3f0ecbcc.png

image.thumb.png.69d6ea7bc719b24847d752093ec14ba5.png

Confirmed that Gamestop is still taking Amico orders as of today 8/12/21.

So far I am only risking 10 cents.

I was previously under the wrong impression that people were paying upfront for these at Gamestop so I wanted to admit my previous mistakes since it appears to only charge me 10 cents (so far).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

It's good to know stuff.

Wonder if I still get the delay gift if I ordered today? 

Do you know if Gamestop pre-orders are getting the delay gift email?

It makes sense they are still taking orders.  The Amico is only delayed and not cancelled.  I'm still wondering when Amazon (US) will start taking orders?

3 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

It makes sense they are still taking orders. 

Isn't the strategy of other companies more clever? I.e. taking preorders in batches where they can actually guarantee a specific date or at least window? 

8 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Isn't the strategy of other companies more clever? I.e. taking preorders in batches where they can actually guarantee a specific date or at least window? 

Could be the volume isn't to the point they can do that. Also they obviously don't know when they can get any of them out so what are you going to tell the first batch orders?

Unless they start to manufacture here in a month no one is seeing these until 2022.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

You're talking about classic crowdfunded products; where the preorder money, usually payment in full, is used to fund manufacturing.  Since there is no other source of money they can't manufacture more than what is preordered.  That doesn't mean they won't do less if they have problems. 

IE has a secured line of credit to fund manufacturing, they can manufacture without preorders.  They have access to funds to manufacture far more than what's preordered.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

You're talking about classic crowdfunded products; where the preorder money, usually payment in full, is used to fund manufacturing.  Since there is no other source of money they can't manufacture more than what is preordered.  That doesn't mean they won't do less if they have problems. 

IE has a secured line of credit to fund manufacturing, they can manufacture without preorders.  They have access to funds to manufacture far more than what's preordered.

Steam Deck nor Playdate are crowdfunded and are doing preorders in batches.

• Like 1

Im really interested in steamdeck.  When does that begin shipping?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Im really interested in steamdeck.  When does that begin shipping?  

Should be December. I'm interested to but for the price I want to hear some reviews before I buy it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Steam Deck nor Playdate are crowdfunded and are doing preorders in batches.

If demand exceeds the size of the batch then they must have a limit on manufacturing funds.  IE cut retailer purchase orders off at about a hundred thousand.  Under normal circumstances their funds for manufacturing would probably have been enough to produce over a hundred thousand Amicos.

edit:

If, for Plyadate, they are taking full payment preorders and they are only manufacturing preorders, then they are essentially doing the equivalent of rewards crowdfunding for the hardware.

Edited by mr_me