IGNORED

Collectorvision - New Intellivision games 2021 - Gorf - Gooninuff - Death Race

Rev

Great video now I want to play those games more now than ever!  Hey cmadruga can you share some tales of making that game, perhaps some challenges and how you solved them.  I freaking love developer stories, reminds me of my days in the video game industry!

Like soldiers at war there will never be a shortage of stories!

8 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Great video now I want to play those games more now than ever!  Hey cmadruga can you share some tales of making that game, perhaps some challenges and how you solved them.  I freaking love developer stories, reminds me of my days in the video game industry!

Like soldiers at war there will never be a shortage of stories!

Which games have you worked on? I'd be glad to hear your stories!

As for Gooninuff, by far, the most complex element is that yellow guy that appears in certain screens.

He may not look like much, but he was one of the hardest things to put together in this game.

His movement in each screen is not pre-programmed, it is defined on the fly.

He basically looks at where the player is, then he will assess the environment around him, and finally make decisions. Rinse and repeat.

But then of course, the player keeps moving around and even punching him, so he has to reconsider and react to all that.

It was very interesting to see his evolution and how he got "smarter" over time.

But the main thing was not to make him too smart, otherwise he would become annoying. So I had to introduce some stupid behavior. I also constrained his movements so he could not leave the screen.

So please be gentle with him when you play the game! He has a lot going in his little AI mind! 

(Just joking. You can punch him all you want.)

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, cmadruga said:

Which games have you worked on? I'd be glad to hear your stories!

As for Gooninuff, by far, the most complex element is that yellow guy that appears in certain screens.

He may not look like much, but he was one of the hardest things to put together in this game.

His movement in each screen is not pre-programmed, it is defined on the fly.

He basically looks at where the player is, then he will assess the environment around him, and finally make decisions. Rinse and repeat.

But then of course, the player keeps moving around and even punching him, so he has to reconsider and react to all that.

It was very interesting to see his evolution and how he got "smarter" over time.

But the main thing was not to make him too smart, otherwise he would become annoying. So I had to introduce some stupid behavior. I also constrained his movements so he could not leave the screen.

So please be gentle with him when you play the game! He has a lot going in his little AI mind! 

(Just joking. You can punch him all you want.)

Oh your story is awesome!  Now I am totally looking forward to that, I like your implementation of AI, not an easy thing to do much less on a machine with such little RAM.

I used to work at Gamespy in the day in San Francisco and was the guy who helped link Nintendo to go online, but go easy on me it was Nintendo who required a secure network for kids and our Project Manager came up with the Friend Code concept with Nintendo Redmond! Ha ha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I placed two orders for the games.  I ordered two of them then FOMO took over and I went back and ordered the 3rd one.  Both orders show as processing but all three have been delivered.

I believe since they dont provide tracking thats all it can ever show. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 9:13 AM, MIK710_0 said:

Hi everyone, sorry if I ask, do you think it is normal that my order is always in "processing" status?  Hasn't it shipped yet?  Possible?  Normal? Do I have to worry in your opinion?

IMG_20211016_090740.jpg

Finally are arrived ???

On 10/18/2021 at 4:57 PM, intellivotion said:

cool! I'm #7847

Screenshot_20211018-225614_Samsung Internet.jpg

Your package? @intellivotion

IMG_20211025_130509_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...