IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 5 - Space Armada w/ Space Battle Bonus

57 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

You have to imagine them as visible. You know where they are because the board is the same. You always have 32 warlords in an Armada, 8 columns and 4 rows. That never changes. You have to be like Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport. ? His Sensei taught him to fight blindfolded and to use his other senses. Also, the warlords make a specific noise when they run back and forth. They make different noises as they become less and less in the Armada, you can determine how many are left based on the noise that they make. So since you know where they are at the start and how they sound you can determine how to beat them. I developed a system to beat those two invisible levels and whereas I used to have trouble with them, I can tell you now that I beat the invisibles 95% of the time.... ??

Too advanced for me!  You are the warlord master!

tom hunter fantasy GIF by goblintom

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 2

So I was thinking--is it better to sit on a high score and post it at the end of the contest or post it as you get it?  I think it's better to post it when you do it so people can congratulate you and you can drive competition!  It also prevents you from failing to post a great Sharp Shot! score and NOT getting credit for it!  :(

Also, these are not great scores, but last week's Bomb Squad and Space Hawk were in first place for a while...

My desk is messy so I cropped the photos.

Space Battle - Level 1 : 3 Ships  (Boy do I need to practice this game!)

IMG_6018.thumb.jpg.9aba7a179f3bc092d7ae5b621f113f2d.jpg

Space Armada - 15,860

IMG_6019.thumb.jpg.02ea7ccae668e0b969798e27a48d2e12.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gar0u said:

So I was thinking--is it better to sit on a high score and post it at the end of the contest or post it as you get it?  I think it's better to post it when you do it so people can congratulate you and you can drive competition!  It also prevents you from failing to post a great Sharp Shot! score and NOT getting credit for it!  :(

Also, these are not great scores, but last week's Bomb Squad and Space Hawk were in first place for a while...

My desk is messy so I cropped the photos.

Space Battle - Level 1 : 3 Ships  (Boy do I need to practice this game!)

IMG_6018.thumb.jpg.9aba7a179f3bc092d7ae5b621f113f2d.jpg

Space Armada - 15,860

IMG_6019.thumb.jpg.02ea7ccae668e0b969798e27a48d2e12.jpg

I think it depends on the game whether you hold an awesome early score or not. So I guess you had a great Sharp Shot score and forgot to post it? How many points was it? ?‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

2 hours ago, gar0u said:

So I was thinking--is it better to sit on a high score and post it at the end of the contest or post it as you get it?

I think posting as you get it shows the best sportsmanship, although I have been burned in the past, haha, but ultimately I think it's in the best spirit of the game to do so. I like seeing all the high scores here, even if I don't get to play as much as I'd hope to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

I think posting as you get it shows the best sportsmanship, although I have been burned in the past, haha, but ultimately I think it's in the best spirit of the game to do so. I like seeing all the high scores here, even if I don't get to play as much as I'd hope to.

Cortex I agree, but what if you smash a score right away and want to build up the stamina with lesser scores? For me posting that BIG score right away is a bummer cuz it takes away from the build up of posting lesser scores and having fun doing it. With Space Hawk it was quite different. I learned the game and then went off on the very last day. So it's all based on scenario I think.... ?

• Haha 1

Alright, my thumb needs a rest now.  I love to play Space Battle on the hardest level, so I went straight to level 5 tonight. It’s insane and almost impossible not to die, but fun as hell. As for Space Armada, once the entire screen is invisible, I’m toast. Here’s the best I could do for now…

Space Battle - 5:6

Space Armada - 26,680

1C731F5C-EC9E-4150-BC5D-109113F872BC.jpeg

B9B4C98E-952B-4978-9F2F-41CF933053DF.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Alright, my thumb needs a rest now.  I love to play Space Battle on the hardest level, so I went straight to level 5 tonight. It’s insane and almost impossible not to die, but fun as hell. As for Space Armada, once the entire screen is invisible, I’m toast. Here’s the best I could do for now…

Space Battle - 5:6

Space Armada - 26,680

1C731F5C-EC9E-4150-BC5D-109113F872BC.jpeg

B9B4C98E-952B-4978-9F2F-41CF933053DF.jpeg

Both very nice,matt!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 2nd Space Battle Entry....

The Advanced Level is very fast on the strategy side... ?

ADVANCED / DISC LEVEL - ALL CLEAR - 4:5

D7E5DE8E-3D78-41D0-B74B-84EB7312BB63.thumb.jpeg.2e6ebe47ede854113a9eb78dbd8c3bdf.jpeg

Note: There is a single yellow ship underneath the blue ship. You can kind of see the small yellow dot. ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 3

My Space Battle Update: Lol, the ONLY way I was able to get a perfect 'ALL CLEAR' on this level was to start with a map where the aliens were as far away from the Mother Ship as possible. So I wanna say they all started out beyond the outer layer... ?

I also learned that you cannot have multiple battles going on at once because then you will lose ships in your squadrons.... ?

ADVANCED / DISC LEVEL - ALL CLEAR - 4:9

SPACEBATTLE(ALLCLEAR)49HSC15.thumb.jpg.501c16ba1021c2bbafa2b154fab15cd4.jpg

• Like 4

I remember playing Space Battle when I was a kid, but I don't think I ever owned it so I must have just rented it from the local video shop or something. I'll give it a try soon and see if it rings any bells! 

I'm not even going to try playing Bomb Squad - I tried reading the manual and it made no sense to me whatsoever! ?

Space Armada: 33,960

DSC_0842.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My Space Battle Update: Lol, the ONLY way I was able to get a perfect 'ALL CLEAR' on this level was to start with a map where the aliens were as far away from the Mother Ship as possible. So I wanna say they all started out beyond the outer layer... ?

I also learned that you cannot have multiple battles going on at once because then you will lose ships in your squadrons.... ?

ADVANCED / DISC LEVEL - ALL CLEAR - 4:9

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick Space Armada / Space Battle Update: (Updated to post #42)

Space Armada

162,800 - Rickster8

86,280 - ed1475

33,960 - gezkc

26,680 - IntyFanMatt

17,500 - Sprazzi

15,860 - gar0u

14,640 - wolfy62

9,390 - lupovax

Space Battle

5:6 - IntyFanMatt

4:9 - Rickster8

4:7 - Sprazzi

4:4 - lupovax

3:8 - ed1475

1:3 - gar0u

• Like 3

I'm giving Space Battle a go now. I do remember playing this game - it always used to make me think of Battlestar Galactica, protecting the Battlestar from the Cylons! ? 

Just so I'm clear on the scoring for this game though - are we saying there are 4 difficulty levels or 5?

I can understand that Blue is 3, White is 2, Gold/Yellow is 1 and Disc is 4, but how do you play level 5? Surely the best possible score is 4-9, or am I missing something?

(Edit: Just read the instructions again - Super advanced speed is the Blue Return to Base key, so that's level 5!)

Blue difficulty, 6 ships remaining so:

3-6

16295459338221015651542555682619.jpg

Edited by gezkc
Answered my own question - just getting confused over difficulty levels! ?
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Space Battle 4:1 disc level.

This was nerve wracking my last ship versus the enemies last ship.

For whatever reason it reached my base way before I did and didnt blow it up.

It just waited for me to get there which I was very happy about! ?

Awesome! I love the frantic parts of the game like that. So fun. 

• Like 1