IGNORED

Texas Instruments Home Computer Awareness Program Adults-Level II Instructors Guide, Computer Advantage Club

Sinphaltimus

Hi all,

I know, it's been a while. Life has a way. So I recently acquired a donation of TI gear, books and Newsletters from back in the day. A lot of stuff to scan. will take months if I can do it in all my spare time.
I post pictures on this facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ti99ers/?multi_permalinks=10159329724879844&notif_id=1628291488571432&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

In the comments, a member posted this:

James Fetzner

The contents of these instructor guides haven't been archived anywhere, Lenny Rivera. Yuo might want to scan them for posterity. One note: the Computer Awareness Program booklets sitting next to the binders are already archived--it is the instructor guides that haven't been.

So this is the first of the two books. I have pretty busy weekends, i don't know when I'll get the second book done or all of the other paperwork/newsletters.

Apparently, this gear once belonged to the TI99ers York, PA User's Group. 

I Don't know why it was abandoned. It was found during renovations at an electrical power plant. they used to rent out space to various groups and organizations. A good firend fo mine was chared with disposing it. When it saw "Texas Instruments TI-99/4a" he gave me a call knowing my interest in such things.

I will keep and preserve as much hardware as I can.

As for the documentation, after I scan it in, I don't really need to keep them. I would like to see if anyone knows of a Museum or something I can donate the hard copies to for public preservation and display?

Anyway, first scanned book attached, I will get to the second when I can and then move on to the stacks and stack of newsletters I have as well.

TI_HomeComputerAwarenessProgram_Adults-Level_II_InstructorsGuide_ComputerAdvantageClub.pdf

Edited by Sinphaltimus
Typo (more)
  • Like 7

The group met in the Adams Electrical Cooperative meeting rooms for years--almost all the way up to the point in time that the group disbanded, IIRC. They were allowed to store their equipment there and probably failed to collect it when they stopped using the room. I went to their meetings whenever I was in the US back then, as they were the first US user's group I ever belonged to.

Funny thing about those Computer Awareness Club instructor guides--you turned up with three of them (Kids II and III, and Adults II) all at once--and none of these had shown up recently from any source. Three more showed up on Fleabay last night (Kids I, II, and III), so I snagged them. Talk about odd coincidences. . .Eris is definitely in the house this week. I'll make sure to scan the one that isn't in your set so that we have four of them online.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...