IGNORED

Just in case you like to know...

Irgendwer

That video came up on my YouTube feed the other day, I've yet to watch it. Watching now...

EDIT: The 8bit guy makes interesting video's, I really need to get Attack of the PETSCII Robots. Wouldn't the A8 version be called Attack of the ATASCII Robots? ;)

Edited by Mazzspeed

4 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Did 8bit guy just provide the C64 source code?

After request, I got the PET source code from him.

1 hour ago, Mazzspeed said:

Wouldn't the A8 version be called Attack of the ATASCII Robots?

No, the PETSCII charset as well as an improved one is in duty. So no ATASCII... ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

It's really a great game.

How many games on the Atari you know, where you can move and shoot in 4 directions, place bombs, use med-kits, loot and move the furniture, ride a raft, use elevators...

This game sounds really cool, I think I need to buy it. If I do it'll be the second 8 Bit Guy game I've bought in a week!

41 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

David posted about this on Facebook a couple months ago but said the Atari version was monochrome. The short clip he showed in this week's video was also monochrome.

Please tell me that's not the case. 

Yeah, that would be a pity.  The game does look nice on the other platforms; there's no real technical hurdle preventing the A8 from being at least  equivalent if not better in some areas.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:59 AM, DrVenkman said:

David posted about this on Facebook a couple months ago but said the Atari version was monochrome. The short clip he showed in this week's video was also monochrome.

Please tell me that's not the case. 

Sorry, it is monochrome, but at least not only on two levels (PMGs are in use). It has a very nice retro appearance. (Like a black and white movie.)

On 8/16/2021 at 3:42 AM, x=usr(1536) said:

The game does look nice on the other platforms; there's no real technical hurdle preventing the A8 from being at least  equivalent if not better in some areas.

Maybe you like to tell, how to produce two colors out of 16 in any individual 8x8 pixel big cell on the Atari? I'm really curious to know... ;)

On 8/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, Peruchi said:

Let's wait and see. 

David is just creating a new video, so yes, wait and see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

If you like to support development of Atari 8-Bit software, feel free:

https://www.the8bitguy.com/product/petscii-robots-for-atari/

grafik.png.ec5968602f34ff83b75f5b29885eb191.png

@ZeroPage Homebrew I guess you can remove the WIP status now... ?   Edit: Ooops, just saw you already did. Thanks!

I bought it yesterday!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

is it mono because it is in hires or because its ported from the apple version?

Because it's hires. For the status area I also decided to use grey-scale only, while the few "really" colorful objects (weapons aren't) would stand out to much.
As said, I like the look, as it and the subject reminds me of an old b&w German SciFi series:

Raumpatrouille Orion

(coincidentally there is even an episode where robots go berserk)

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew I guess you can remove the WIP status now... ?   Edit: Ooops, just saw you already did. Thanks!

You bet, moved it to completed! Congratulations on the release! ?

Do you have a list of credits for programming / music etc that I can fill out more for the entry?

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1