IGNORED

I think I got a good deal on this Adam

rietveld

Um, yeah, you got a TREMENDOUS deal!

Figure about $250 for a working system with keyboard, data drive and power supply (printer or separate PS), but that could be on the low end considering how the ADAM market has been ramping up of late. If the second Data Drive is working, they can go for between $75-100. The 3 1/2" converted Disk Drive (looks like it's the E&T Software conversion) is an incredible score and really hard to put a value on it... let's say $200-300 because they are so rare. I have no idea what the value of the Magnavox Monitor (looks like the one that I had back in the 80s),  but that is just the icing on the cake. The 64K ME $30-40 and then you got extras with the manuals and carts.

So yeah, incredible score and I have to admit to being very jealous!

Yea - what NIAD said - TREMEN... terrible deal!!!!   (He is sometimes tough to understand...) 

You should send it to me + $300....  I'll be glad to take this... 'trash' off you hands...   ??!

Never had a disk drive - and they got way to expensive for me...

Looks nice - congrats - enjoy.

Jeff

3 hours ago, rietveld said:

The drive looks like a stock Coleco item but it has a tag on it that says E and T 1989

The drive IS  stock Coleco ADAM disk drive; this one was modified by Ed Jenkins of E&T in Texas.  Memory escapes me, but Orphanware made their 720k drives one size, E&T made a different size, and MicroInnovations followed Orphanware size I believe.  Only the drive mech was swapped out and a new eprom was inserted in the ADAM controller board to make the 320k, 720k's work.  

6 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Was the 3.5 drive an original option?   The only one I knew of was the 5.25. 

No, not an original option. The original Coleco FDD was 5 1/4” SSDD 160K.

What you see pictured is an original Coleco FDD that was upgraded to 3 1/2” 720K using new 3 1/2” drive mechanics, a new firmware chip to replace the Coleco firmware chip and some extra internal wiring. The Coleco case, controller board and power supply were reused.

The majority of original Coleco FDDs that were converted were defective, but some did upgrade working drives.

1 minute ago, NIAD said:

No, not an original option. The original Coleco FDD was 5 1/4” SSDD 160K.

What you see pictured is an original Coleco FDD that was upgraded to 3 1/2” 720K using new 3 1/2” drive mechanics, a new firmware chip to replace the Coleco firmware chip and some extra internal wiring. The Coleco case, controller board and power supply were reused.

The majority of original Coleco FDDs that were converted were defective, but some did upgrade working drives.

Thanks. I thought that might be the case.  The outer case looked original, but the inner drive looked like it might have been swapped in. 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, rietveld said:

$300 Canadian ($240 USD)

dual drive Adam, memory expander,  kb, controllers, stand alone psu, composite monitor,  rom pack games , books , 

oh and a 3 1/2 disk drive and disks.16290687941417188516170189317215.thumb.jpg.ac7948141b3e86063cd76a886b8383ae.jpg

1629068833213773589267318801268.jpg

16290688490076158037845186139180.jpg

You lucky bastard!  I didn't even know there WAS a Coleco-branded 3.5" drive for the ADAM.

EDIT: Ha!  Should have read rest of thread before posting my ragingly jealous congratulatory reply.

Edited by mozartpc27