IGNORED

Rikki&Vikki to spare?

Wilheim

7 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

And one more sealed.  Its a lot but its sealed at least.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304202080060?hash=item46d3db5f3c:g:zrcAAOSw8gNheUaI

They've put it in a plastic box, they didn't come shrinkwrapped IIRC. Which is great because they will at least avoid that WATA/VGA nonsense because of it. They also describe it as 'as new' condition.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

Sorry let me rephrase that (because I can't edit it). It's in the text as being in "brand new condition", but they were never sealed. My point is that my cart has been out of the box since I got it. I could put it back in the box and it'd be in brand new condition. Wouldn't change the fact that it's not brand new. I just think it's disingenuous.

Edited by juansolo

15 hours ago, Giles N said:

Or, - just hook onto Steam, and get it for 9,99$…
… as it is… 

Now on sale for $1.99 until November 1st, pair it with a McDonald's value item of your choice for a DELICIOUS DEAL!

5 hours ago, juansolo said:

Sorry let me rephrase that (because I can't edit it). It's in the text as being in "brand new condition", but they were never sealed. My point is that my cart has been out of the box since I got it. I could put it back in the box and it'd be in brand new condition. Wouldn't change the fact that it's not brand new. I just think it's disingenuous.

Correct, they were never shrinkwrapped.

Also, I keep seeing the processing tags included with auctions (the piece of paper with the serial number written on the end - i.e. "1-504" shown above). These were entirely for tracking units during assembly, and I was stuffing them into the shipping boxes since those were closer than the wastebasket. I'm really amazed any were kept around!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TailChao said:

Also, I keep seeing the processing tags included with auctions (the piece of paper with the serial number written on the end - i.e. "1-504" shown above). These were entirely for tracking units during assembly, and I was stuffing them into the shipping boxes since those were closer than the wastebasket. I'm really amazed any were kept around!

Collectors love ephemera like that. I am delighted every time I open a Light or Heavy Sixer model VCS and see the paper-tape print out from the factory self-test machine taped to the metal RF shield during assembly. Or even QC stickers on RAM or CPU boards on inside an 800. It’s an odd kind of human connection for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Collectors love ephemera like that. I am delighted every time I open a Light or Heavy Sixer model VCS and see the paper-tape print out from the factory self-test machine taped to the metal RF shield during assembly. Or even QC stickers on RAM or CPU boards on inside an 800. It’s an odd kind of human connection for me.

OOooohhhhhhh that's what that's for! I found one on a 4 switch and was wondering what kind of elusive information may have been kept on it!

Hilarious that it was just to mark it passed the test machine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

OOooohhhhhhh that's what that's for! I found one on a 4 switch and was wondering what kind of elusive information may have been kept on it!

Hilarious that it was just to mark it passed the test machine.

Yeah, the ones on 4-switches usually have a date on it - that indicates when the board was tested and assembled into the case. The earlier ones on the 6-switch units is just a cryptic numeric code. I’ve never seen documentation on what those codes mean. 

EDIT: I just found some disassembly pics of my own Heavy and Light Sixers. The Heavy has a random numeric code. The Light has a tape that has faded, but also a red rubber stamped assembly date on it. Haven’t yet found any good pics of disassembly of my 4-switch machines. Anyway, yeah - collectors love bits of crap like that. :) 

• Like 2