IGNORED

Soulja Boy bought into Atari?

themewsh

Naw, don't buy into anything that idiot says, couple years back he claimed to have "DESIGNED A RETRO CONSOLE", all he does is import cheap Chinese handhelds and consoles and slaps his name and logo on them and marks them up ridiculous amounts to sell to his fans here is at it again recently. ? He is just a scammer using his fans to make himself richer. Don't believe anything out of his mouth.  ?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 9

There has been no official announcement from Atari, he probably wasn't supposed to say anything about it yet. But I mean at this point he could probably do a better job running the company than the bean counters running it currently. Maybe he can inject some of his money and make the brand relevant again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

This dude was a VERY popular rapper when I was in middle school (circa 2006/2007) and after that he fell into irrelevancy faster than I’ve ever seen from an entertainer since. I mean this dude’s music was a staple at every social gathering, on every playlist, etc. and now everyone my age just laughs at how far this dude has fallen.

So I guess he’s the perfect parallel: Atari of the 70s and 80s vs. “Atari” today. They’re made for each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Strangest said:

This dude was a VERY popular rapper when I was in middle school (circa 2006/2007) and after that he fell into irrelevancy faster than I’ve ever seen from an entertainer since. I mean this dude’s music was a staple at every social gathering, on every playlist, etc. and now everyone my age just laughs at how far this dude has fallen.

So I guess he’s the perfect parallel: Atari of the 70s and 80s vs. “Atari” today. They’re made for each other.

He's got 6.5 million followers on Instagram. I don't think that's really irrelevant. Plus, a lot of rappers from that era have fallen off but he's more focused on business and other things now.

3 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

He's got 6.5 million followers on Instagram. I don't think that's really irrelevant. Plus, a lot of rappers from that era have fallen off but he's more focused on business and other things now.

Speaking as someone who was young and enjoying his music during his prime: I have never heard anyone since say “Put on Soulja Boy” at a party or in the car, radio stations are not playing his new stuff, etc. Compare that to the death grip he used to have on pop culture. The disparity there is what I’m referring to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Speaking as someone who was young and enjoying his music during his prime: I have never heard anyone since say “Put on Soulja Boy” at a party or in the car, radio stations are not playing his new stuff, etc. Compare that to the death grip he used to have on pop culture. The disparity there is what I’m referring to.

Yeah, I've been getting the impression that both his previous console venture and this one are an attempt to get back into the public eye without having to go back into the studio.

4 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Bro I doubt you even go to parties... It's called he got old like everybody else, and people moved on. New generations of kids don't listen to old people on the radio no matter how big they used to be. Even bigger artists like 50 Cent, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, and others you don't hear on the radio anymore.

• Confused 2

Even if this is just some syrup-induced brainfart from this ridiculous has been, it's a really good gauge of the real-world status level Atari SA occupies at the moment, and a good antidote to their po-faced PR crap. You won't see me saying that often, but I actually feel sorry for modern Atari fans seeing this surreal joke.

• Like 3

He constantly lies and talks out his ass when it comes to gaming. A couple years back people were telling him he could not distribute his cheap import crap systems because they contained Nintendo roms, he basically said something along the lines of "Nintendo ain't gonna do sh*t", well you can guess how that went, Nintendo shut him down ?

He is just a washed up clown trying to fleece his fans. 

Potential Nintendo lawsuit forces Soulja Boy to stop selling his gaming consoles

https://dotesports.com/news/nintendo-lawsuit-forces-soulja-boy-gaming-consoles

Capture.thumb.PNG.531d9c0786c7717344e0116d97d66b91.PNG

Followed by 

2.PNG.2f29f55b2e453f66769e5e2fbbaf632a.PNG

31 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

If this shit is true I'm bouncing. This dude is a fraud of the highest order.

I hope to God it isn't true.

Honestly would not worry about it, I would not put stock in ANYTHING out of his mouth, this is the same fool that claimed

"Soulja Boy Says Nintendo wants to buy his gaming company" 

Look at his own guy sitting right beside him, I swear his face half the time looks like "Damn, he's spouting more Bullsh*t!" ?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
update
  • Haha 4

Listen, this mutha fucka just said he signed two deals with Atari and now he is CEO. Not, he bought Atari. I mean, he is going to sell soulja boy games and Atari sniffed his future money out and loved his clone consoles? lol. How old is this dude to be lying like a 12 year old on the twitter-space? 

but here is the thing? If you were going to lie, why Atari? Thats like lying and bragging that you banged your cousin. How 'bout Capcom, Namco, IDK... shit, EA for kicks?

Oh, I know all about this clown. He is basically a one-hit-wonder with "crank that". What? "Kiss me thru the phone"? No one knows any other songs. Only props I'll give him is he made crank that on his own, and got famous by himself. Mofo sells watches, soap, all kinds of shit. I ain't mad at him, but I don't fuck with FAKE FRADUELENT GAMERS. If he is CEO, I will bounce from Atari brand shit, no problem.

Also I think it's funny that he seems confused about how much he is selling Soulja Boy Games for. "Like, um, 140 million, yeah". It seems to me you would know exactly how much your company was selling for. Scam-Ass-Mothah-Fuckah.

He rebranded cheap clone consoles, tripled the price and never shipped them out. Ate his own words and Nintendo shut his shit down. Did I miss anything?

Example:

this is $300

Amazon.com: TRDR Pocket (Fireball Red) | Soulja Boy Edition : Toys & Games

this is $100

Amazon.com: 3D Pandora Games Supretro Mini Handheld Game Console - 2006 Retro Games Installed, Search/Save/Hide/Delete/Add Games, 3.5 Inch IPS Screen, Support 3D Games, Bluetooth/WiFi Function, Can Play on TV : Toys & Games

At least people may leave @Tommy Tallarico the Hell alone now. G4TV was a good ass station.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Haha 5