duderino81

So in light of recent J Allard news….does any of this worry you at all now?

Granted J Allard isn’t making games.

But are you the slightest bit concerned about this, with  the delays, the lack of transparency, the uncertainty of the future of the Amico?

Concerned that things won’t turn out the way you were all promised years ago?

Posted (edited)

You are REALLY going to start a new thread like this? Enough AMICO DOOM AND GLOOM, you could literally just add this to one of several threads............🙄

HERE IS AL'S RULE FOR ALL THRADS IN THE AMICO SECTION, pretty sure this does not follow that rule. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/317256-important-read-before-posting/

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, duderino81 said:

But are you the slightest bit concerned about this, with  the delays, the lack of transparency, the uncertainty of the future of the Amico?

Honestly, I'm more concerned that on their official Twitter, they recently posted a photo asking potential customers which color they preferred and it appeared very clear that they only seem to have a few badly mismatched controllers and some console cases of various sizes/colors with which to create promo images.  I do think that they are a lot farther away from launch than they have let on and I am skeptical that the delays to date have had much to do with Covid related delays.  At the same time, I've only got $100 on the line at this point, so if it doesn't pan out, it will become just one more in a long line of cautionary tales that we have seen so many times before and I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.    

• Like 1

I was concerned….

Canceled my pre orders….no more concerns.

Just in it for the entertainment value. Hope it works out for the folks sticking around. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

HERE IS AL'S RULE FOR ALL THRADS IN THE AMICO SECTION, pretty sure this does not follow that rule. 

I am pretty sure this thread will be deleted very quickly. It is just unfortunate that there are not two forums on AA devoted to Amico. One only with positivity and one for people who want to discuss things... While the original post was formulated rather aggressively, there are legitimate concerns about the way how Tallarico possibly misrepresented Allard's role (have you seen that document going around?).

25 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

It is just unfortunate that there are not two forums on AA devoted to Amico. One only with positivity and one for people who want to discuss things... While the original post was formulated rather aggressively, there are legitimate concerns about the way how Tallarico possibly misrepresented Allard's role (have you seen that document going around?).

Yeah, I made that suggestion in another thread before it got deleted.  2 dedicated threads would be cool.  We have the "Fun Amico Conversations" for all the positive stuff.  Now just need a "Shittin' on Amico with Gloom, Doom, and Negativity" for the other side of things, and the mods can ban all the positive posters.

... half kidding.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, duderino81 said:

I don't know anything about the news, but since you're posting it, I'm guess he quit or is up for Me Too or something.  Don't think you'd mention it if it was anything positive, so guessing it's all bad.

But no, whatever it is, I'm pretty confident it doesn't worry me.  Wasn't impressed when he came aboard.  Don't really care if he's leaving, fired, missing, etc.   The product, once finished, will be exactly how it'll be, regardless of who is involved.   Then I'll love it, hate it, or just be overall "meh," regardless of who is affiliated with it.  But "worry" isn't something that I'm gonna do over a couple hundred dollar toy/gadget.  Especially since buying it is entirely optional.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

We have the "Fun Amico Conversations" for all the positive stuff.  Now just need a "Shittin' on Amico with Gloom, Doom, and Negativity" for the other side of things, and the mods can ban all the positive posters.

:D

Or each thread would have in the title in brackets one of the options:

- (positivity only)

- (negativity only)

- (serious discussion)

4 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I'm guess he quit or is up for Me Too or something.

Actually, it is more interesting: possible misrepresentation of his working relationship with Intellivision by Tallarico for investors (i.e. claiming that he was working for Amico when he was already out + overstating his role). When I can, I can find the relevant document. 

21 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Here is the relevant discussion from the Reddit with links:

Gotta be honest, probably not going to click on a Reddit thread with Tommy Poopypants as a poster. Maybe you can summarize your thoughts on this amended SEC filing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, duderino81 said:

Couldn't be less concerned if I tried. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Maybe you can summarize your thoughts on this amended SEC filing. 

What seems to happened (as far as I understand):

- May 2020: Amico announces that J Allard joined the team with the following words (source: https://intellivision.com/press-releases/press-release-may-14th-2020):

Intellivision Entertainment, LLC today announced that J Allard has joined Intellivision as Global Managing Director.

- In 2020, as part of the preparation for Fig (later Republic) crowdfunding, there is the following long document for future investors (https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1658966/000121390020032493/ea128665-253g2_figpublishing.htm). In this document, Allard is listed as the first person in influence after Tallarico. 

Intellivision currently employs approximately 17 full-time staff across its offices in Irvine, California and Nürnberg, Germany.

The Intellivision Amico is being developed by a dedicated team of industry veterans. Leading members of development have worked on a wide variety of projects relating to launching and maintaining new hardware and software in the gaming industry. J Allard, the company’s Global Managing Director, previously served as Microsoft’s Chief Experience Officer and Chief Technology Officer of the Entertainment and Devices Division, heavily contributing to the development of the Xbox and Xbox 360 gaming consoles. Phil Adam, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Sales, previously served as COO of Interplay Entertainment, a world-renowned video game studio in addition to his record of bringing over 350 IPs to market. Across Intellivision, the team has a combined 600+ years of experience in the video games and gaming hardware.

Note for later the phrase "Intellivision currently employes..."

- March 2021: Intellivision replies to the question from SEC staff (source: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001658966/000121390021015823/filename1.htm) regarding the departure of Allard. 

In response to this comment, the Company requested clarifications and updates from Intellivision, the developer of the Amico game console. Intellivision informed the Company that: (i) J Allard served as the Company’s Global Managing Director from before the filing of the first Amico Form 1-A until after the qualification of that Form 1-A on October 21, 2020; (ii) during that time, Mr. Allard served as a full-time advisor to Intellivision, helping Intellivision in the final stages of Amico hardware development; (iii) after this work of his was completed, Mr. Allard ceased serving as a full-time advisor, but has remained available to give advice when contacted by Intellivision; and (iv) considering his contributions overall, Mr. Allard has not played a material role in Amico product development.

Two issues with this: 

- possibly (not necessary) - misleading of investors. People are coming with Tallarico statements made allegedly after Allard's departure where he was still saying that Allard was part of the team. I am no lawyer so I guess I leave this to SEC.

- probably from ethical perspective - weird contradictions regarding the role of Allard: How could he be "Company's Global Managing Director" with immense influence (as Tallarico said multiple times) and at the same time just an advisor without a material role in Amico product development. Note that previous filling used the wording "Intellivision ... employes". That seems quite as a contradiction. 

Edited by Lusorius
Typos
  • Like 1

In the relativelly recent interview with Nintendolife from July 2021, Tallarico uses following words. This time is Allard "consultant" (source: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/07/feature_intellivisions_tommy_tallarico_wants_to_follow_in_nintendos_footsteps_but_will_he_get_his_chance) and Amico "benefitted so much" thanks to him, including hardware (sic!):

We had worked with J Allard at a very important time in our hardware development. We brought J on as a big consultant last year as we were finalizing the hardware and OS. J is really great and so knowledgeable with an incredible experience. Our team benefitted so much and his insights were monumental to us in seeing things from a different perspective in regards to things like hardware, customer experience, UI (User Interface) and even packaging. And as J would tell anyone… experiences in things not going right as well (i.e. red ring of death) and what to do to avoid it. It was an honour to work with him for the time we did. After J’s time was over we spoke about a potentially bigger role but he didn’t feel there was a right spot or fit for him moving forward but he welcomed any kind of e-mails from our team and simple consulting if needed. 

12 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Even though the SEC news are recent, we know since March J Allard left in the Summer of 2020, so he worked for them a few months, maybe a few weeks only.

https://www.geekwire.com/2021/xbox-co-founder-j-allard-left-intellivision-short-stint-hints-project-gaming-vet-brother/

"No drama, just not a good fit"

Thanks! Yes, that corresponds also to that filling for SEC from March 2021. The question is whether Tallarico was making statements about Allard being part of Intellivision after he left and whether he misrepresented the nature of his employment (director, advisor, consultant? Big contribution, no material contribution? etc.).

I remember people asking why J Allard was not in the August 2020 event for instance, and I'm pretty sure Tallarico didn't explain he was gone, even though that's probably the reason why.

• Like 3

From January 2021, Tallarico says that Allard was a full-time contractor (which sounds really weird if he was a director) "to help us complete the final steps of hardware design" (which sounds like a material impact on Amico). Since then, he is allegedly a part-time advisor.
Weird. 

Of course, this might be still in the category "hey, I was telling truth, he was still involved!". However, more transparency would be nice. Part-time advisor is something quite different than a director and the impression was that Allard was much more involved in Amico.

What's the point of all this?  Did you invest any money or not?  If so, how much?  If it was $100... get the refund and walk away.  You always have that option.

If Tommy is playing us all... he'll loose in a very big way as they all do.  Personally, I don't feel this way at all.  There isn't enough money to be made back when you look at how much was invested for it to be a scam.  It's just a good product having issues getting materials because they are a small company with limited resources.    Like I said before, if it was three guys working out of a garage and they were doing a go-fund me and constantly asking the supporters for more money... well.. yup... it would have "scam" written all over it.  Is that the case with IE? No.  Not even close.

Is this worth digging so deep into?  The entire world is in a shit place right now, so why dig so deep?  Trying to get anything done now is a total pain in the ass.

Right now you sound like Mike Lindell and his Symposium.. we see how well that turned out.   

If you want a very good example of a total douchebag that pulled the scam of the century and got caught, read this.  They ALWAYS get caught.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/115771611/peter-jacksons-former-vintage-plane-manager-found-guilty-of-2m-fraud-and-theft

Gene DeMarco... The Black Baron of Rhinebeck.  If you're from NY, you'll most likely have heard of The Rhinebeck Aerodrome.   I had the pleasure of not only going there, but visiting the Vintage Aviator Museum in New Zealand as well.  I did not meet Gene as he was on the other side of Aerodrome "working" in the shop, but I viewed the amazing arsenal of WWI planes that Peter Jackson owns.  To find out that this moron did this to Mr. Jackson and the entire WWI aviation world (including Kermit Weeks who regularly flew Peter's planes alongside Gene) is no less than an atrocity.

So, sure...  does it happen... yes... but man, make sure you know what you are talking about before you start posting conspiracy theories, or speculating on possible scams.

BTW... you're 97 posts in, and already in a shit position.  Didn't take long.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

So, sure...  does it happen... yes... but man, make sure you know what you are talking about before you start posting conspiracy theories, or speculating on possible scams.

I never said that this was a scam - I don't have enough information on this. My guess would be rather that they were perhaps trying to depict the company in better light than it was. However, that would be only the guess and I don't make any definitive conclusion yet.

I summarized findings here, as I was asked in this thread. I don't see why are you so overreacting. 😕 You are not required to read this, frankly.

why even summerize anything?

I'll read what I want, how I want any where I want .. and comment on it as I want... just like you.

Freedom of speech is a two way street bro... get used to it... and I'm not over-reacting.  That's your opinion...and like assholes... everyone has one.

Have a nice day

• Like 1

Just now, IMBerzerk said:

why even summerize anything?

I'll read what I want, how I want any where I want .. and comment on it as I want... just like you.

Freedom of speech is a two way street bro... get used to it... and I'm not over-reacting.  That's your opinion...and like assholes... everyone has one.

Have a nice day

Well, thank you for your interest in Amico discussion...