Anyone know much about Fundable? Looks like the Amico is listed there.

https://www.fundable.com/intellivision

I really hope it is really old because it is saying the OS, 6 pack in games, and back end aren't finished (90%, 95%, & 80% complete respectively).

It is saying the hardware is 100% compete so that is reassuring. 

• Like 5

Just now, MrBeefy said:

I really hope it is really old because it is saying the OS, 6 pack in games, and back end aren't finished (90%, 95%, & 80% complete respectively).

I'm assuming this is one of the ways IE is looking to continue raising funds for operations as a prerevenue company as Nick discussed in his recent interview. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I'm assuming this is one of the ways IE is looking to continue raising funds for operations as a prerevenue company as Nick discussed in his recent interview. 

That's kind of what I'm thinking too, but didn't know for sure or know anything about the platform/site. The percentages they give don't match what has been said, but it mentions NFT which is fairly new news. So idk?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

90%, 95%, & 80% complete respectively

This is probably a realistic estimate knowing that Tommy recently indicated they are still working on OS improvements and other enhancements. I'd expect a lot of these finishing steps with software will be pushed out when ready as a system update, even if physical units start shipping beforehand.

• Like 1

It links a youtube video only 4 months old. 

Didnt realize the online store was cloud based.

Partner integrations?

NFT Marketplace?  

83A99B9F-5518-4307-B6C8-F40F9BE1FFAD.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Interesting is the mention that the OS is only 90% done. Hmm... That would actually confirm the speculations based on the message announcing the last delay (i.e. that they will optimize the OS).

Edit: Oh, I see this was already mentioned. Sorry.

Edited by Lusorius

Interesting is also the low % for the backend - that is all the important stuff like the store, NFT etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Interesting is also the low % for the backend - that is all the important stuff like the store, NFT etc.

Wouldn't that also be how they would push out updates too?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Wouldn't that also be how they would push out updates too?

Yes, basically everything on their server side, including processing of payments, security, marketplace, updates etc. It is much more crucial than not having one or another game finished.

• Like 2

What is also interesting is this quote:

Motion control, similar to Nintendo Wii

However, as we heard, the motion control as with Wii is not possible because of the lacking hardware/sensors. It is just a nitpicking :).

3 hours ago, Lusorius said:

Interesting is the mention that the OS is only 90% done. Hmm... That would actually confirm the speculations based on the message announcing the last delay (i.e. that they will optimize the OS).

Edit: Oh, I see this was already mentioned. Sorry.

No need to speculate. They said in their update message earlier this month that  the delay "will allow us more time to optimize our operating system for future game development."  They also talked in detail about changes to the pack-in cornhole.  And they've previously said not every online feature would have been ready for october 10, e.g. leaderboards, can't remember specifically what.  Some speculate the hardware isn't done that changes might be required to pass FCC certification, while IE says they've passed FCC testing and their hardware is ready.

1 hour ago, Lusorius said:

However, as we heard, the motion control as with Wii is not possible because of the lacking hardware/sensors. It is just a nitpicking :).

Wii sports didn't use the sensor bar.  Standard Amico controllers do have gyroscopes, optional on the Wii, which could be used to control an on screen cursor rather than a sensor bar.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

It links a youtube video only 4 months old. 

Didnt realize the online store was cloud based.

Partner integrations?

NFT Marketplace?  

They said from the beginning they'd use a third party to handle payments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Wii sports didn't use the sensor bar.  Standard Amico controllers do have gyroscopes, optional on the Wii, which could be used to control an on screen cursor rather than a sensor bar.

Yet, they themselves admitted that their technology is less precised than even of the current cellphones. They haven't shown anything that would even approximate the precision of Wii controller. Or have you seen anything? I have Wii at home and I haven't definitely seen anything like this from Amico.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They said in their update message earlier this month that  the delay "will allow us more time to optimize our operating system for future game development." 

I remember quite well seeing Turbo Joe's video where he was insisting - based on this message - that OS is completely done and optimizing is just further improving it. 90% done seems to be far from optimizing stage.

Edited by Lusorius

13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They said from the beginning they'd use a third party to handle payments.

Third party may be simply something like Strip or PayPal, one still needs all the backend...

• Like 1

I wouldn't use Turbojoe as a source for Amico information.  Just like cornhole, implementing changes doesn't mean they didn't have a version of the OS that was ready.

Wii controllers don't have magnetometers either.  Wii motion control isn't accurate, a lot of it like the spin in bowling is faked.  Adding the gyroscope addon to a Wii controller can improve accuracy for games that use it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Turbojoe

Of course, Turbo Joe is often more turbo than accurate.

21 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Wii controllers don't have magnetometers either.  Wii motion control isn't accurate, a lot of it like the spin in bowling is faked.  Adding the gyroscope addon to a Wii controller can improve accuracy for games that use it.

People usually think about the accuracy of WiiMote+ that was later built-in into standard controllers. Wii sports resort is so much better and more accurate than Wii Sports. However, even basic controller with sensor bar is quite good and fun. Have we seen anything even remotely similar from Amico? All we have seen is simple tilting and simple measurement of acceleration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There isn't out there even a demo similar to that of the working touchscreen that Tallarico often shows. I mean they could simply show a virtual cursor on the monitor with different stats (if they could do that).

Wii Sports Resort uses the gyroscope addon, which the Amico controllers already have.  The computer can assume where you're aiming but if you want to aim somewhere else on the board it can't read your mind, Wii bowling has a less intuititive aiming system.  The gyroscope can be used for pointing/tilting which is what the sensor bar does without the gyroscope.  These have been discussed already in the cornhole threads.  Some people like motion control games, some find them gimmicky.

19 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

There isn't out there even a demo similar to that of the working touchscreen that Tallarico often shows. I mean they could simply show a virtual cursor on the monitor with different stats (if they could do that).

Why do you say absolutes that you can't possibly know to be true.  Why not just ask.  They've had a live demo of Missile Command on their youtube channel for over a year.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Why do you say absolutes that you can't possibly know to be true.  Why not just ask.  They've had a live demo of Missile Command on their youtube channel for over a year.

Sorry, my formulation wasn't clear. I meant that while touchscreen has been shown, the same is not true for the motion controls except very basic ones.

Edited by Lusorius
clarification

19 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Wii Sports Resort uses the gyroscope addon, which the Amico controllers already have.  The computer can assume where you're aiming but if you want to aim somewhere else on the board it can't read your mind, Wii bowling has a less intuititive aiming system.  The gyroscope can be used for pointing/tilting which is what the sensor bar does without the gyroscope.  These have been discussed already in the cornhole threads.  Some people like motion control games, some find them gimmicky.

Yet, they haven't shown anything where motion controls are used beside tilting and acceleration and Cornhole is being simplified in this regard. They even admitted that Smartphones are more accurate. WiiMote+ at this moment seems much more capable than Amico controller in regard to motion controls. Or do you want to dispute it?

As already mentioned, the Amico controller already has the gyroscope in a WiiMote+.  Neither has the magnetometer that they were talking about with smartphones.

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Neither has the magnetometer that they were talking about with smartphones.

But Amico lacks the sensor bar. And if they were so similar otherwise, why there is no demo of proper motion controls for Amico?

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I see Playmobil is now listed as one of their licenses, which is news at least to me. Interesting!

• Like 3

Do we think we didn't see the real console UI at Crayola because they aren't finished with it? If this was suppose to come out in October, those should all be at 100% correct?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Battlefish said:

I see Playmobil is now listed as one of their licenses, which is news at least to me. Interesting!

I saw that too. I'm curious what they are going to do with it.

• Like 1