Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

 


😜 More tongue-n-cheek than anything.   If you think that was mocking and badgering I feel for ya. 

Lot of people seem offended by a lot less from Tommy and the Q&A folks. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swami said:

Lot of people seem offended by a lot less from Tommy and the Q&A folks. 


I whole heartedly agree with you……….we live in a very sensitive time in the world right now!    

 

Whatever happened to sticks and stone?

 

Hey, you can insult me, its fine. Then the next day ill take you out for a few beers.  
 

   (No im not asking for a date).  Lolololol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rev said:


I whole heartedly agree with you……….we live in a very sensitive time in the world right now!    

 

Whatever happened to sticks and stone?

 

Hey, you can insult me, its fine. Then the next day ill take you out for a few beers.  
 

   (No im not asking for a date).  Lolololol

Seems to me many get offended very quickly after showing up over little stuff lately, which makes me think they wanted to come and troll, but wanted to seem legitimately curious first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rev said:

The “debate” in here wasnt mainly about success rate or if a funding platform was reputable or a scam. 

You're the one that asked about it, not me...

 

7 hours ago, Rev said:

Amico is very much a crowdfunded console,  wether its startup CF, investment CF, profit share CF, or whatever other type of CF there is, its still CF.   There is no valid rebuttal to it.   Fig, Republic, Fundable ALL call themselves crowdfunding.   

Um... okay. No idea why you are telling me this, but okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rev said:

Investment CF

Revenue CF

rewards CF

etc etc

 

Its all CF, even by each companies own definition on their own respective websites they are CF. Just different types. 
 

Lets move past it, stating that they are not CF is ridiculous at this point. Its splitting hairs. 
 

New start up companies need funds. Everyone knows this. Just own up that its CF.

 

Why do people think that CF is shameful?   I dont think so. 

Well said. I find it funny how people get all bent out of shape when you say it is what it is. The platforms all call themselves crowdfunding. My only "vendetta" is against people refusing to use basic reading skills. If they are that shady to lie about what they are, I'd hate to think what those platforms are doing with the money. 😜

10 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I agree.  Some of the absolute best board games I've ever seen (lifelong fan) have been made possible in recent years thanks to CF.

Same. I've backed a few things here and there and have liked them all. It is like some people are touchy about the use of crowdfunding. It is what it is. If you are a person who equates crowdfunding with scams, that probably means you are a person who has horrible judgement in what are actual good projects. I know I haven't been burned by anything I've backed. 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

With rewards based crowdfunding, the reward is typically the product or products that was paid for, nothing more. 

🙄 Umn until it closed, Fig was offering Rewards. They continued to offer the VIPs after the initial announcement. 

Screenshot_20210902-220828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac42f315950e6c68da62ca30dbaead12.jpg

 

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, and Intellivision Entertainment is still taking Amico preorders on their website, with the same $100 deposit refundable up until it ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well said. I find it funny how people get all bent out of shape when you say it is what it is. The platforms all call themselves crowdfunding. My only "vendetta" is against people refusing to use basic reading skills. If they are that shady to lie about what they are, I'd hate to think what those platforms are doing with the money. 😜

Same. I've backed a few things here and there and have liked them all. It is like some people are touchy about the use of crowdfunding. It is what it is. If you are a person who equates crowdfunding with scams, that probably means you are a person who has horrible judgement in what are actual good projects. I know I haven't been burned by anything I've backed. 🤷‍♀️

🙄 Umn until it closed, Fig was offering Rewards. They continued to offer the VIPs after the initial announcement. 

Screenshot_20210902-220828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac42f315950e6c68da62ca30dbaead12.jpg

 

:D

 


Kinda wish Amico actually started something on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, ive never heard all these other places.  I would consider it then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rev said:

Kinda wish Amico actually started something on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, ive never heard all these other places.  I would consider it then.

If you have a great plan, I see no reason why they would be worse than what they are using. Projects failing isn't the platforms fault, it is the project management. Kickstarter I like for electronics because they typically require a prototype of some type. Denying they are using crowdfunding just makes it look like they are trying to hide something. Just embrace it. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrBeefy said:

If you have a great plan, I see no reason why they would be worse than what they are using. Projects failing isn't the platforms fault, it is the project management. Kickstarter I like for electronics because they typically require a prototype of some type. Denying they are using crowdfunding just makes it look like they are trying to hide something. Just embrace it. 🤷‍♀️


Now i kinda think if Amico did start something on Kickstarter, certain people that are “anti crowdfunding term” would start bashing amico. 
 

oh heavens to betsy!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rev said:

Now i kinda think if Amico did start something on Kickstarter, certain people that are “anti crowdfunding term” would start bashing amico. 
 

oh heavens to betsy!

Well they are using crowdfunding so Betsy and Co. can still bash it as is.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mr_me said:

With rewards based crowdfunding, the reward is typically the product or products that was paid for, nothing more.  With investing, whether it's revenue sharing or equity based, the expectation is the possibility of profit on top of their investment, an actual reward for the risk.  Another key difference is that with rewards based crowdfunding the customer is funding the project where with equity and revenue sharing investing, investors are funding the business.

 

With Amico the Republic/Fig revenue share campaign didn't close until 2021.  So in 2018, 2019, 2020 there was no crowdsource funding whatsoever.  So the company was definitely funded by non crowdfunding sources for most of its existence.  And as the CFO said, their plan for traditional venture capital funding changed because of the pandemic. So the answer you get from someone at Intellivision Entertainment depends on when it was asked.  The CEO has talked about Republic/Fig crowdfunding plenty of times.

Not a single Amico has been released yet, so Ben Kenobi's "certain point of view" doesn't work in this instance.  There are posts in this forum that are bashing any article written in 2021 that reference the Amico as a crowdfunded console.  The posters literally say "article is trash because they can't even get simple facts right about the Amico's funding".  If some Amico's had been produced and released without any crowdfunding, then you could say that it wasn't a crowdfunded console initially.  But, whatever timeline you want to put on it, it's being crowdfunded now.  No one is a "troll" or "hater" for saying it.  If IE thought there was a stigma associated with crowdfunding that they desperately wanted to avoid, they probably should have gotten a run of units manufactured and shipped before going the crowdfunding route in the first place.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has IE said something to suggest there is a stygma with Kickstarter type funding?  Certain people here might have.  And yes I do distinguish between Kickstarter type funding and equity crowd investing or Republic crowd revenue share investing because there is a difference.  I'd rather stick to the facts.  If an article today says the Amico was introduced in 2018 as a crowdfunded console, they are factually wrong.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Has IE said something to suggest there is a stygma with Kickstarter type funding?  Certain people here might have.  And yes I do distinguish between Kickstarter type funding and equity crowd investing or Republic crowd revenue share investing because there is a difference.  I'd rather stick to the facts.  If an article today says the Amico was introduced in 2018 as a crowdfunded console, they are factually wrong.


No one actually says “introduced in 2018 as a crowdfunded console” do they?   
 

The fact remains that Amico is currently a crowdfunded console. 
 

Fig, Fundable, and Republic are all crowdfunding. Your opinion does not change this undeniable fact.  

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was 3 years ago. 
 

Tommy equates “invest money” to crowdfunding. 

733AA0FC-2509-47CE-AE3C-01FFBE6009E9.jpeg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rev said:

This was 3 years ago. 
 

Tommy equates “invest money” to crowdfunding. 

733AA0FC-2509-47CE-AE3C-01FFBE6009E9.jpeg

Your twisting what he means. When he talked about investing money, he meant committing money to a project to get a console, like the VCS. That is why he used the VCS for comparison. He didn’t have refundable pre-orders or stock investment in mind. And you can do a pre-order through a crowd-sharing site now without it actually being crowd sharing. No one has to commit money like in an Indiegogo or Kickstarter campaign like the Chameleon, VCS or Evercade for that matter. You sound like you’ve been listening to that nut-job EzG or the other but-job Pat Contri. 

 

EzG is Pat’s parrot. He goes around repeating what he has said 1000 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rev said:


No one actually says “introduced in 2018 as a crowdfunded console” do they?   
 

The fact remains that Amico is currently a crowdfunded console. 
 

Fig, Fundable, and Republic are all crowdfunding. Your opinion does not change this undeniable fact.  

Believe it or not a popular technology website wrote just that.

 

If everything is crowdfunding even seed money is crowdfunding then the term crowdfunding doesn't really mean anything.  What people think of when it's said is Kickstarter type funding rather than investments. 

 

As has been mentioned on Atariage several times, the CFO explained that their initial funding plan was through traditional Venture Capital firms; they even had a couple lined up.  That changed when pandemic restrictions hit in early 2020.

 

 

Edited by mr_me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Downland1983 said:

Not a single Amico has been released yet, so Ben Kenobi's "certain point of view" doesn't work in this instance.  There are posts in this forum that are bashing any article written in 2021 that reference the Amico as a crowdfunded console.  The posters literally say "article is trash because they can't even get simple facts right about the Amico's funding".  If some Amico's had been produced and released without any crowdfunding, then you could say that it wasn't a crowdfunded console initially.  But, whatever timeline you want to put on it, it's being crowdfunded now.  No one is a "troll" or "hater" for saying it.  If IE thought there was a stigma associated with crowdfunding that they desperately wanted to avoid, they probably should have gotten a run of units manufactured and shipped before going the crowdfunding route in the first place.


Good points.   
 

Im not really sure why Intellivision Entertainment shys away from using the dreaded CF word.   
 

Some people even resort to attacking character, motives, and name calling to defend not having to call it CF.  Its very strange. 
 

In my personal opinion CF was not a negative thing at all.  Sure a few have been scams in the past. But the Amico is not. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rev said:


Good points.   
 

Im not really sure why Intellivision Entertainment shys away from using the dreaded CF word.   
 

Some people even resort to attacking character, motives, and name calling to defend not having to call it CF.  Its very strange. 
 

In my personal opinion CF was not a negative thing at all.  Sure a few have been scams in the past. But the Amico is not. 

Because he said he wouldn’t do crowd funding of the Kickstarter type. However he’s had a bunch of trolls up his ass from day one apparently holding a 20 year grudge from when he trashed their favorite games on cable tv. This may sound crazy but no worse than the word games people are using to create controversy. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a negative thing, it's just misleading to say the Amico is crowdfunded without explanation.  Most people think of Kickstarter type funding and wouldn't associate it with equity investing.  As has been pointed out in this thread, crowdfunding can mean several different things that most people don't realise.  That's why it's misleading, not necessarily wrong but still misleading.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mr Beefy. 
 

What are your thoughts on this?

 

Fig is referring to themselves as crowdfunding. 

1EB10477-F89C-4DF4-8EF2-ACD48FF85544.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mr Beefy, this took me most of the day to find this info.  
 

What is your take on Fundable referring to themselves as business crowdfunding?

 

Should we inform them that they are in fact NOT a crowdfunding platform as they incorrectly call themselves?

8F9B83A9-D19C-408B-A981-7462938F5BC7.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fundable also does Kickstarter style funding, in addition to equity investing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 12:48 PM, Razzie.P said:

I agree.  Some of the absolute best board games I've ever seen (lifelong fan) have been made possible in recent years thanks to CF.


Has there been any Risk style board games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Swami said:

Because he said he wouldn’t do crowd funding of the Kickstarter type. However he’s had a bunch of trolls up his ass from day one apparently holding a 20 year grudge from when he trashed their favorite games on cable tv. This may sound crazy but no worse than the word games people are using to create controversy. 

I didn't even know about that until yesterday, but it was interesting to see that he called anyone who mentioned the low score (2.5) he gave Super Smash Brothers on Gamecube a liar and that he never gave it that score.  Meanwhile, a video of the review has been found which proved everyone who remembered the score correct and that Tommy Tallarico was actually the one lying.  I'm not a Smash Brothers player mind you (I had the first one on N64, but never got into it as a series), so I couldn't care less either way.  But, don't outright call people liars who remember you gave an unpopular opinion on something.  Either stand by your judgement, or say that your opinion changed over time, which would be completely valid.  And if you don't remember what score you actually gave, then just say "I don't remember saying that".  But, don't go to the absolute extreme of calling people liars, haters, and trolls for remembering correctly just because you don't think the actual review would ever be found to prove you wrong.  It's that pattern of behavior that puts off casual observers, and makes others wary of trusting anything else he says as "the truth".

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...