17 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

😮 okay, so could you point to videos of Amico Games using it in any similar capacity?

Why is Mr Me crapping wii controls when Amico is trying to emulate Wii controls?   I dont understand people. Amico has the potential to be great like wii in that aspect. (Motion controls)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lusorius said:

😮 okay, so could you point to videos of Amico Games using it in any similar capacity?

That office video show the controller accelerometer and gyroscope working correctly.  The same technology used in wii sword fight.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I dont think the bar is low on Wii controls.  When that came out is was fun, new and exciting amd for the most part worked well.    Thats my opinion. 

But also, blasted by “hardcore” gamers for waggle style controls. 

I remember looking forward to trying it when the Wii came out.  I quickly discovered I can get the same results by flicking my wrist; seemed gimmicky.  The gyroscope add-on does improve it's capability.  So Amico motion control games are not something I had high hopes for.  Doesn't mean it won't sell consoles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

That office video show the controller accelerometer and gyroscope working correctly.  The same technology used in wii sword fight.

I remember looking forward to trying it when the Wii came out.  I quickly discovered I can get the same results by flicking my wrist; seemed gimmicky.  The gyroscope add-on does improve it's capability.  So Amico motion control games are not something I had high hopes for.  Doesn't mean it won't sell consoles.

There are games that are wrist flicking and waggle games. 

Then there is also games that hsed the wii motion perfectly, or at least very well.   Its subjective.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I dont think the bar is low on Wii controls.  When that came out is was fun, new and exciting amd for the most part worked well.    Thats my opinion. 

Yeah it was a pretty big hit back in the day. That's a silly statement/claim.

• Like 2

What jumps out to me from this page is the updated pre-order count (6,000).

It was my understanding it had 10k orders within the first few months of 2020 according to Intellivision's original announcement. Does this suggest there have been a massive number of cancelations?

Also Tommy's Q&A here from last November: 

> We've had about 100 cancellations so far.  Pretty good considering the tens of thousands we've pre-sold AND the world situation of 2020!

The numbers don't seem to add up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many 3rd party devs are involved with this thing now? Is Capcom and other reputable developers making content for it yet? really starting to wonder about the Amico.

I'm no hater, I just dont see myself buying Sesame Street and PlayMobil games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

It was my understanding it had 10k orders within the first few months of 2020 according to Intellivision's original announcement. Does this suggest there have been a massive number of cancelations?

> We've had about 100 cancellations so far.  Pretty good considering the tens of thousands we've pre-sold AND the world situation of 2020!

Giving benefit of doubt: Maybe all pre-orders (incl. retail) vs. direct online pre-orders? However, if so, it could have been formulated more clearly.

2 hours ago, Lusorius said:

Giving benefit of doubt: Maybe all pre-orders (incl. retail) vs. direct online pre-orders? However, if so, it could have been formulated more clearly.

That was my next thought as well. I don't think it was ever disclosed how many units are destined for retail outlets, or whether that fits the bill of a pre-order. 

But then there is the Fig campaign which links direct to the Intellivision pre-order site and lists 13,060 orders: So I'm still not sure why there is such a discrepancy in the advertised amount on Fundable.

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

Are you talking about the dev kit UI.  Do you have a link to the video showing the UI?  They could very well have a version of firmware that is ready to go to manufacturing now.

It was a black background with basic grids to pick the games. It was in the Crayola footage.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

That was my next thought as well. I don't think it was ever disclosed how many units are destined for retail outlets, or whether that fits the bill of a pre-order. 

But then there is the Fig campaign which links direct to the Intellivision pre-order site and lists 13,060 orders: So I'm still not sure why there is such a discrepancy in the advertised amount on Fundable.

They have said pre-sold units which I take as a round about way of saying purchase orders.

If they sold only around 6k preorders that isn't a great install base. That's less than the sales of the biggest seller on the Ouya. 

23 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

They have said pre-sold units which I take as a round about way of saying purchase orders.

If they sold only around 6k preorders that isn't a great install base. That's less than the sales of the biggest seller on the Ouya. 

Hey Beef, maybe we can start a go-fund me for the INTV folks if this round of investment/crowdfunding/ebegging doesn’t get them off the launch pad!

19 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Why did you post a screenshot of yourself being banned?

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, MattPilz said:

At one time Fig was taking preorders themselves, now it links back to the Intellivision Entertainment store.  The 13k could be a combined total but otherwise Fig presales might not be counted as direct preorders.  They've said they've had to cut off retailer purchase orders at around 100k.  Retailers are also taking preorders which wouldn't count as direct preorders.

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It was a black background with basic grids to pick the games. It was in the Crayola footage.

There's a ton of footage from the Crayola weekend events.  If you come across it again please let me know.

On 8/19/2021 at 2:36 PM, MattPilz said:

6000+ direct pre-orders, meaning pre-orders directly through Intellivision.com.  Any pre-orders through Fig, Amazon, Argos, Best Buy, GameStop, Saturn (or elsewhere) are in-direct/third party partners (I may be wrong but I think Intellivision took over pre-orders for Fig/Republic late in their transition).  All of these get included in that unit order quote, better itemized with the estimates we've heard.  But 6000+ here is a showcase metric for investors.  Shows interest deliberately seeking out their own website, pre-marketing dollar push.  Isolates that number from any efforts, incidental exposure by larger retail partners, customers searching on major sites like Amazon for a preferred console that, I dunno, is always out of stock, and could be settling on an Amico.  The retort, anyway.  Also isolates the total from any external marketing by interested partners who have a stake/motivation to market a bit - i.e. Fig's marketing to its members, GameStop's marketing in its flyers. 

• Haha 1

So knuckleheads, what percentage complete is Windows 10?

They are still doing updates, boy I hope it ships before Windows 11.

5 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

So knuckleheads, what percentage complete is Windows 10?

They are still doing updates, boy I hope it ships before Windows 11.

I see what you're trying to do here, but, Lawd, this is a really, really bad comparison  :)

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, Lusorius said:

I have seen there only measurement of acceleration, not of position. Have I missed something?

He showed in the cornhole video that if you move your hand left or right when you throw the bag will go off course in the direction your hand goes. You have to Swing the controller straight forward to go to the target. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, youxia said:

I see what you're trying to do here, but, Lawd, this is a really, really bad comparison  :)

Windows 10 released right?

On 8/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, Rev said:

Also, 3rd Party programmers wanted to make more direct ports between systems and put little effort into using the capabilities of the Wii remote plus, resulting in lots of shovelware. That’s not the fault of the controller, though. 

On 8/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, Lusorius said:

We have not seen much more than the 30 seconds of cornhole, but it should be capable of the same motion controls as a joycon. I find it interesting that most people will name Skyward Sword as the best implementation of the Wii remote, but it does not use the sensor bar at all during the game. Only the accelerometer and gyroscope the Amico controller possesses. If they use smart phones to their capacity in any games, it could do more. 

I would have liked liked to have seen the Amico have the magnetometer and sensor bar, but then we would have a $20 more expensive console, just like the switch would be $20 more with both. I’m assuming the Switch did away with the sensor bar because you couldn’t use it on the go. The Amico could practically still have the sensor bar, but, like I said, added cost and you have to wonder why the Wii moved away from using it after getting motion plus (which was just adding a gyroscope). 

Also, as I understand it, Intellivision is trying to have motion control games that work well while sitting on a couch as most people’s greatest dislike of motion games is having to stand up and be moving around and waving their arms around. I enjoy that part of it, but I am not most people. 

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

There's a ton of footage from the Crayola weekend events.  If you come across it again please let me know.

There you go. The one I circled looks like either Atmosphere or Atomsphere. Can't tell for sure.

Atmosphere.png

21 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

There you go. The one I circled looks like either Atmosphere or Atomsphere. Can't tell for sure.

Thanks, what's the video, do you have a link?  That looks like the dev kit UI since it's the CEO's personal dev kit.  And I think the square at the top left would actually open the user UI if someone were to run it.

3 hours ago, youxia said:

Not really.  They could have a version of the Amico OS that's ready now and then push out an update when future games need it as their announcement describes.  Even my TV cable box updates its firmware without my knowing; not anywhere near as often as windows but it does.  The thing is, every time the release is delayed, the developers and that includes developers of games, will consider implementing that feature they couldn't before and now can.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youxia said:

Not a bad comparison at all.  The Amico OS is/was done.  It could ship if the consoles were manufactured.

NO software is ever complete.  If you have more time, you work on it more.  That is just that way it is.

After it ships, it will still be worked on.  The only thing missing is a larger test group. 

Load testing is wonderful, but until real world users are hitting the servers, they will not know were the bottlenecks are. If it is backend we may not even know about it.

If it is from the Amico side, you will be downloading a patch or two....  or 2,000

I was hoping for a soft launch so they would have some server load but not 100K or 200K user before working things out.

Even with this, things don't scale in real life they way they do on paper.

Ask any governor that tried to roll out a vaccine site.

I am actually more optimistic that they know they can improve things.  I would be much more concerned if they checked the box and never looked back.

How any developer signed off on work in the ROM days is beyond me.  Thing about releasing the Intellivision / exec / stic etc.

It better be f'ing solid.  No real chance to update these things without big $ recalls. 

I cannot think of any carts that were recalled either.  Running changes, yes.  But not so much bug / crash issues.  I know B-17 and All Star Baseball had issues.

I never got the B-17 issue and only had the baseball crash  handful of times.

• Confused 1

Kind of need the backend and initial OS finished before you manufacture and ship. Nothing says easy plug and play for grandma than a broken console out of the box. This console is suppose to be simple for non-gamers.

All this "it's never finished" talk is ignoring that. It needs to be finished at some point. 10/10/20 nope, 4/15/21 nope, 10/10/21 or 2021? If it needs an update straight from the get go, it is already failing at one of the tenets. Simple.

• Like 3

What is being said is that they can have a version of the OS ready now that runs the launch window library games or more.  And continue to work on an updated version, or not.  So your grandmother can play the six packins out of the box, no internet required.  Later hook up wifi when her son in law is over and get more games.  Later down the road the system can update itself without her even knowing.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1