3 hours ago, duderino81 said:

Y’all should be concerned that this company is asking for more money stating how their software isn’t complete when Tommy has always been saying  “chip shortage” and “ we can get the chips now but it’ll cost more”.

image.thumb.png.a9d2477b640d633fb81d3338150474cf.png

I also do not see how a chip shortage has anything to do with the OS, games & backend systems not being ready.

• Like 2

Saw this video from the No Swear Gamer come across my feed.  Totally forgot about these games.  Gotta say that he does a good and direct job going over something that I know was an initial selling point for him regarding the Amico but sense then has led him to move on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonkey Kong said:

image.thumb.png.a9d2477b640d633fb81d3338150474cf.png

I also do not see how a chip shortage has anything to do with the OS, games & backend systems not being ready.

Why isn't this forum in an uproar over this?  Seems like it would be quite the bombshell if there was never a chance this thing was going to be released this year and Intellivision knew it.  I guess some conversations are more fun than others.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

The scenario might look like this.  Sometime in July they realised they aren't going to be able to go to manufacturing that they had scheduled for August.  They have to arrange manufacturing for some other time i.e. new manufacturer contract.  Let's say it's two months away minimum.  With the extra time they decide to change the scope of some software projects. e.g. Cornhole, operating system. 

Another scenario is that the parts supply chain problem is only part of the reason to delay.  For example, changing the scope of Cornhole might have been important enough itself to delay release, giving them two reasons.  Either way it's an opportunity to change the scope of the operating system.

The backend and most of the game library didn't have to be ready now anyway, they have to be ready upon system release.

1 hour ago, Hwlngmad said:

Saw this video from the No Swear Gamer come across my feed.  Totally forgot about these games.  Gotta say that he does a good and direct job going over something that I know was an initial selling point for him regarding the Amico but sense then has led him to move on. 

If you saw the initial introduction in 2018 and nothing else you might think their focus was retro titles and nothing else.  Once you look at their website you'll see four or five different categories of games, all of which are important to them.  In a library of thirty games less than ten should be based on retro titles but they have more.  Some think the retro titles are too many, others think they're too few 

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The backend and most of the game library didn't have to be ready now anyway, they have to be ready upon system release.

Which was 10/10/20, 4/15/21, 10/10/21, and now 12/31/21.

So the backend, OS, and pack in games should not have been ready by those first 3 dates? Good to know.

2 hours ago, Agillig said:

Why isn't this forum in an uproar over this?  Seems like it would be quite the bombshell if there was never a chance this thing was going to be released this year and Intellivision knew it.  I guess some conversations are more fun than others.

*see first quote*

• Like 3

Guys, that cornhole footage of the teens playing is very old and seems obviously not actual footage of gameplay. That's probably 2 years old by now. 

What's obvious to me is when she throws and immediately high fives, but didn't give enough time for the bag to have made it to the board. 

I never felt that was real gameplay. They should have updated the video.  Literally that is a very old set of clips.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

Guys, that cornhole footage of the teens playing is very old and seems obviously not actual footage of gameplay. That's probably 2 years old by now. 

What's obvious to me is when she throws and immediately high fives, but didn't give enough time for the bag to have made it to the board. 

I never felt that was real gameplay. They should have updated the video.  Literally that is a very old set of clips.

Yeah it is old footage. If it was ready, they should have been able to make an updated video.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So the backend, OS, and pack in games should not have been ready by those first 3 dates? Good to know.

That's right, the first two release dates were changed well in advance.  I don't think the last sixteen months went exactly as planned.  Not unexpected with a startup, let alone one dealing with pandemic restrictions and changes to their funding plans.

9 hours ago, ashtonm said:

The cornhole footage was first shown in their August 2020 event video, on their youtube page, 55:50 mark.  You can see two throws with the response on the TV in the shot.  Why is that not gameplay.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mr_me said:

If you saw the initial introduction in 2018 and nothing else you might think their focus was retro titles and nothing else.  Once you look at their website you'll see four or five different categories of games, all of which are important to them.  In a library of thirty games less than ten should be based on retro titles but they have more.  Some think the retro titles are too many, others think they're too few 

I have looked at their website and am familiar with the fact that they have several categories of games they are focusing on.  However, IE themselves announced all of these title 3 years ago now, and as the video goes over the vast majority of them are (seemingly) missing and/or have not received any further development past that announcement.  Also, just my opinion, but considering this is the Intellivision Amico and not just Amico by Intellivision Entertainment, I would say they would be better served having more retro titles than any other category.

• Like 2

They do have more retro titles in the works than other categories by far, at least from what we've seen.  Whether that's good or bad for what they're trying to achieve probably makes no difference.

Most people, like yourself, have seen their website and do know what they are trying to do.  That's why I think the complaint in the video is odd.  Yes, Battle Tanks and Biplanes are from Triple Action, and they did show a clip of one Imagic title.  Did he expect them to come out with a remake for every single one of those titles at launch. It's true that some titles might not ever be made, not all of them were that popular anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

That's right, the first two release dates were changed well in advance.  I don't think the last sixteen months went exactly as planned.  Not unexpected with a startup, let alone one dealing with pandemic restrictions and changes to their funding plans.

The cornhole footage was first shown in their August 2020 event video, on their youtube page, 55:50 mark.  You can see two throws with the response on the TV in the shot.  Why is that not gameplay.

It's hard to know if it was or was not honestly.  But then again, why no other updated videos which are more obvious? I felt like they were just acting.  The shots a few seconds before the marker you stated are the ones that are obviously not gameplay because they react too quickly.  I believe these clips were shown even earlier than that event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ashtonm said:

But then again, why no other updated videos which are more obvious?

That was exactly my question. We have seen new experimental controls but not what they should improve. If you look at previous pages, you will find there a lengthy discussion about Cornhole between me and @mr_me :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

They do have more retro titles in the works than other categories by far, at least from what we've seen.  Whether that's good or bad for what they're trying to achieve probably makes no difference.

Most people, like yourself, have seen their website and do know what they are trying to do.  That's why I think the complaint in the video is odd.  Yes, Battle Tanks and Biplanes are from Triple Action, and they did show a clip of one Imagic title.  Did he expect them to come out with a remake for every single one of those titles at launch. It's true that some titles might not ever be made, not all of them were that popular anyway.

So, why mention them if IE doesn't plan on doing them and/or having them available at launch?  Seems like a 'bait and switch' to me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They said last year they intend on doing all of them.  I haven't heard otherwise. I should have said I don't think they'll all get made because I don't see the point of making some of them.  Maybe there are fans of Tropical Angel or Motorace USA wanting reimagined versions.  And they have to come up with a multi-player Night Driver, actually looking forward to that one.  Probably should expect a water skiing game eventually as well, but some games might be redundant with others.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 12:33 PM, duderino81 said:

Y’all should be concerned that this company is asking for more money stating how their software isn’t complete when Tommy has always been saying  “chip shortage” and “ we can get the chips now but it’ll cost more”.

Also notice how he is not in this thread in anyway shape or form to provide any explanation.

Well, I had a pretty “worry free” day planned, but I’ll try to work in a bit of concern in there to make sure I’m contributing. 

But, um… if you don’t mind me asking… why though?

I’m always seeing that I should be concerned about this or worried about that (regarding Amico, of course) but when I ask why, nobody seems to have any legit reasons.  

I’ll re-purpose a reply that I used in another thread where someone was asking something like “how are you all not worried by this”    (EDIT:  Just noticed that other one was also you asking why we don't have worry  😄 )

I’m not an investor.  I don’t stand to lose loads of money.  I don’t stand to lose anything really, because of this or any other perceived shenanigans by the company and/or its staff.

When/if the product is released, I’ll either love it, hate it, or just be “meh” and move on to something else.  The backstory of who worked on what and who bluffed for investor dollars and what type of corporate drama went on behind the scenes has no bearing on anything I’ve ever bought, to the best of my knowledge, and it won't matter here.  Whatever I buy, it’s 100% exactly the way it is – doesn’t matter how it got there.

So if this succeeds, then cool – we got a new toy.  If it doesn’t, then oh well – all I’ve lost was a bit of time reading n’ posting here.  No big deal -- I enjoy that, so it's a win.  If it’s really, really, REALLY great, then it could be somewhat life changing for me and my family in regards to how we spend our time gaming.  If it turns out to be a really, really, REALLY big flop (or even not release at all), then  meh, no personal injury to me.  Not much worse than now, when it doesn’t even exist to own.  So there's no negative.   There's potential positives and potential indifference, but that's it.

So.. .that’s why I have absolutely no concern about this.

*These are also the same reasons why I have no concern about any other non-essential toy that I buy, in case anyone’s interested. 

Now, curious… why do you think I should have concern?

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 12:33 PM, duderino81 said:

Also notice how he is not in this thread in anyway shape or form to provide any explanation.

Given the reactions that has proven to cause over the past couple of years, I don't blame him, and figure that ignoring it would be one of the smarter things he can do.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Now, curious… why do you think I should have concern?

I feel that we get what we tolerate, so if we put up with shenanigans, we deserve what we get. 

Maybe all this external funding will have the effect of keeping the players honest. 

I remember telling the boss of this project I’d reserve judgment until 10/10/2020, which is almost a year ago. At this point, I don’t care what happens, it’s pretty clear how it’s going to play out, it’s just a matter of when. But I don’t agree with you when you suggest that how they get there doesn’t matter, as if the ends justifies the means. 

It’s a shame for longtime fans of the Intellivision IP and brand, as this was probably the last, best chance at making it relevant again. I hope they can retire it with some dignity intact when all this is over. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Why should Intellivision fans care what happens with Amico.  More Intellivision  Flashback type devices would have been nice but that's not what Amico is.

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Why should Intellivision fans care what happens with Amico.  More Intellivision  Flashback type devices would have been nice but that's not what Amico is.

What an ignorant statement. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Look at the atariage users in the Intellivision section and those in the Amico section.  There's little overlap.

21 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Look at the atariage users in the Intellivision section and those in the Amico section.  There's little overlap.

Maybe you are right, maybe not. Lets find out. 

• Like 3

Even the most diehard Amico fans should be a bit nervous at this point. No revenue coming in,  3 delays, not seeing great progress (maybe just not showing everything,  but just seems like most games are unfinished). 

We'll see. 6 months ago I wasn't nervous.  But I actually am nervous now it may never fully come out.

• Like 2

Boomernee TV had some bad takes on the VCS from what I remember.

Edited by MrBeefy
Added BTV

15 hours ago, Rev said:

What an ignorant statement. 

The retro reimagined games is a reason that some Intellivision fans are excited about Amico.  That could apply to fans of the Atari games they are remaking or Moon Patrol, Earthworm Jim, etc.  And the Amico focus of multiplayer gaming with family and friends, including non-gamers, isn't specific to Intellivision fans.

12 hours ago, ashtonm said:

Even the most diehard Amico fans should be a bit nervous at this point. No revenue coming in,  3 delays, not seeing great progress (maybe just not showing everything,  but just seems like most games are unfinished). 

We'll see. 6 months ago I wasn't nervous.  But I actually am nervous now it may never fully come out.

There's always a chance that it never comes out but they don't seem to have an issue raising money, more than enough to cover operating costs.  It hasn't even been a year since their original target release date has passed.

They have shown lots of progress.  People have played over a dozen Amico games at events.  Feedback has been that the system and games feel ready for release.  Their CFO had said last month that all games are close to completion and about a dozen games are in their "final stage".  Some haven't been shown, e.g. the sixth packin.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ashtonm said:

Why be nervous?

Do you have a deposit on a amico and if so and it worries you then just get your money back.

i am happy to patiently wait for the console to be unleashed upon the world and then enjoy some great games.

Edited by Utopia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1