Rev

Intellivision Amico - up close box art - no NFT

Posted (edited)

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=intellivision+amico&__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Up for order on Amazon. 

We can get to see final box design. 

They do look very well designed in my opinion.  The artwork on these are great!

But, No mention that its a “code” or “card” or “download”  and no actual physical game included.   Also no mention on front of box that its an NFT. 

If these are NFT as now confirmed directly from IE multiple places, Why not advertise this cutting edge tech and run with it? Show it off on the cover. 

20CA8125-9ABB-4387-8E57-A9D12C967653.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

geez those ugly ratings on bottom left of the box sort of ruin the look for me

I am not sold on the whole NFT thing.

Until it is actually officially revealed as a real thing, I would not count on it.

Wouldn't it be something if they actually do not even use NFT at all. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe the ratings thing are concept or mock up only and not that large.

I dont think they are that large on other gaming boxes.  

Just noticed the moon patrol box says missile command on the side. Might have some rare misprint variations!   Haha

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's the required size of the rating for that country. In North America we'll have the normal smaller rating. You can confirm this by looking at Switch and PS5 game covers from Amazon Germany VS the US counterparts. Here's a mockup that shows what it'll probably look like. Also added RFID and NFT for good measure :) 

NFT.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, Rev said:

Just noticed the moon patrol box says missile command on the side. Might have some rare misprint variations!   Haha

Maybe it is a double ender NFT? Just like the good old xonox carts. :P

• Like 1

The boxes do look cool imo as well.  However, not sure about them being paper / cardboard as I have always enjoyed having plastic / clamshell cases.  Still, I get these are meant to be old school in a way, so it is all good.

• Like 1

I had a thought on the physical boxes: It comes with an OG Intellivision style overlay that you put onto the controller screen. On the back is like a QR code that the screen reads and downloads/boots the game? Just a guess, but makes sense.

48 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

I had a thought on the physical boxes: It comes with an OG Intellivision style overlay that you put onto the controller screen. On the back is like a QR code that the screen reads and downloads/boots the game? Just a guess, but makes sense.

I think its a 3d pic of a game cartridge or artwork. 

The overlay concept would be a fun throwback to the originals. But the screen of the controller has no scanner/camera so wouldn't be able to interface with a card like that. I believe it will be a lenticular card with RFID that you place by the console to scan in and download. But it has also been said the box includes a few different items in it so I'm intrigued to find out what they are.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, Rev said:

They are that size, as required by EU law.   Normally they don't look that big, but the boxes for Amico's "physical releases" are super tiny. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Rowsdower70
pic added

On 9/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, MattPilz said:

The overlay concept would be a fun throwback to the originals. But the screen of the controller has no scanner/camera so wouldn't be able to interface with a card like that. I believe it will be a lenticular card with RFID that you place by the console to scan in and download. But it has also been said the box includes a few different items in it so I'm intrigued to find out what they are.

Ah, good info, thanks. Yeah, makes sense that it is RFID. Going to guess RFID overlay, instruction manual maybe, maybe some kind of promo material inside of each box. I'd love it if each came with a boy scouts merit badge like patch. :)

23 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

They are that size, as required by EU law.   Normally they don't look that big, but the boxes for Amico's "physical releases" are super tiny. 

Untitled.jpg

Woah! I hadn't caught how small the boxes are. Cool.

• Like 1