IGNORED

New Unreleased Colecovision Game - Star Fire

hardcorehubz

17 minutes ago, mumbai said:

Were the Boulder Dash sources extracted from those diskettes, as well?

Not completely unfortunately as it had bad sectors, but we may be able to extract the bad sectors from another source disk that VGHF has once they get time to dig it out. We've also got some other options there we're looking into.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:39 AM, Spector said:

The file ends in .col, so do I need to change the extension to .rom or bin to get it to work on the Atarimax cartridge? 

The file is just a raw dump with no special header or footer. Just rename it to starfire.rom or starfire.bin or leave as starfire.col if you so desire.

• Like 2

So, had it been released, I take it that Star Fire would have been another Micro Fun title. Is there any mention of it whatsoever in any catalog or advertisement? Just curious if perhaps maybe we can find some reference to it somewhere.

EDIT: I got confused there for a second. The game I meant to reference was Boulder Dash. That was a title that would or could have been a Micro Fun release but never made it out the door yet was released by Telegames.

(the proto for Number Bumper, which was slightly altered and released as Amazing Bumpman by Telegames, was a Sunrise Software title)

Edited by Supergun