IGNORED

Atari 800XL keyboard type 4 springs

Lord Luxor

After opening all my ballpoint pens ? They all have a diameter of 4-5mm and are therefore too thick. They don't fit into the holes. I ordered some in China, with the dimensions, but they won't arrive until December!

I´ve took another photo from the keyboard with the spring holes.

Federn2.thumb.jpg.9aef7bb241300fb6a033ff280cfbfd2b.jpg

Bye

Markus

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 8:05 PM, Lord Luxor said:

After opening all my ballpoint pens ?

Haha, I did the same to see if they were any smaller. Luckily one did fit the ALPS keyboard Cherry switches. The one I eventually used came from a Parker pen I hadn't used for twenty years, so it was sacrificed. It even had a taper at the bottom, but needed some cutting and bending.

I ordered some in China, with the dimensions, but they won't arrive until December!

Wow, that's quite a waiting time. Sometimes they increase the ETA to avoid problems with delayed delivery. Hopefully you get them a lot sooner.

Edited by ivop

After opening all my ballpoint pens ? They all have a diameter of 4-5mm and are therefore too thick. They don't fit into the holes. I ordered some in China, with the dimensions, but they won't arrive until December!

I´ve took another photo from the keyboard with the spring holes.

Federn2.thumb.jpg.9aef7bb241300fb6a033ff280cfbfd2b.jpg

Bye

Markus

I've found 3 springs, I can send them to you.  PM me your address, I'll put them in an envelope and mail it out.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, cannfoddr said:

I've just lost all 5 springs from my function keys - idiot mistake on my part.  After an hour crawling around the carpet I've found 3 but I am 2 short.

Can anyone help?  I'm in the UK

I have been there - I can't actually help with spares but I can advise you to try a torch at floor level which will highlight any anomalies and create shadows of the items you have lost, while also using a magnet wrapped in a cloth to sweep the floor with.

Try using a car stereo speaker magnet or some other strong magnet and move it over ever square inch of real estate real close to surfaces, avoid CRT Displays (tubes) and diskettes etc. !   Check your clothes and vacumn cleaner... a bright white led light down at the floor itself will shown you dirt and all manner of objects you did not know existed.

2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Try using a car stereo speaker magnet or some other strong magnet and move it over ever square inch of real estate real close to surfaces, avoid CRT Displays (tubes) and diskettes etc. !   Check your clothes and vacumn cleaner... a bright white led light down at the floor itself will shown you dirt and all manner of objects you did not know existed.

Thanks - I've been down there with an LED headlamp and my stash of 3D printing molyb... (strong) magnets - I found 3 that weren't there when I originally looked but the last 2 are eluding me

try odd place, springs bounce up and roll at odd angles, I've also found stuff in fold of clothes, cuffs, shoe string tongue area, vacuum cleaner bag, dryer and washer lint traps/cups. They've bounced up to chairs and wood work, under them too. Over many years you see stuff folks do, and sometimes it even happens to you.

Edited by _The Doctor__