IGNORED

Tank Command and the original retail set are now mine

jeremiahjt

Thanks to @Mayhem I have finally acquired a copy of Tank Command (complete in box to boot) and completed the 7800 ProSystem original retail set complete in box. Technically this was the first set I ever started getting as the 7800 was my first console in 1987 or 1988.

I have been actively trying to collect a full set for the 7800 for over two decades. Obviously my buying for the system has had peaks and valleys, but I have always been looking at 7800 stuff at least a little since at least the late 1990s.

It feels good to finish this one off. It is my second or third full set depending on if you consider the Jaguar CD set part of the Jaguar set or if you consider BattleSphere part of the Jaguar set. At one point I was going for a sealed set too, but I gave up on that long ago.

As far as the game itself, it does not seem very good.  I had a lot of trouble destroying enemies even when attacking stationary enemies.

It really feels good to finish this set off. Although I would love to get copies of the original 1984 releases too.

• Like 13

Congrats! I actually beat Tank Command quite recently, using a Genesis gamepad to 7800 adapter. It's got some janky aspects, to say the least, but once I got into the right mindset I enjoyed the process of learning the stages and figuring out the best approach. (Basically, keep your cannon in one position 90% of the time, and drive like a bat out of hell.) It reminds me a lot of a computer game, rather than a console game.

Did you have a hard time getting Title Match Pro Wrestling CIB? That is a really hard box to get from my past experience. I've completed a loose set twice but never had a CIB set like you have now completed. Way to go on that. It's getting harder and harder to complete. The most I ever had at once might have been 40 CIB titles. Never had Tank Command CIB that is for sure! 

10 hours ago, thegoldenband said:

Congrats! I actually beat Tank Command quite recently, using a Genesis gamepad to 7800 adapter. It's got some janky aspects, to say the least, but once I got into the right mindset I enjoyed the process of learning the stages and figuring out the best approach. (Basically, keep your cannon in one position 90% of the time, and drive like a bat out of hell.) It reminds me a lot of a computer game, rather than a console game.

I will give it some more play time in the future. Maybe it will make it into the high score club when it starts back up.

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Did you have a hard time getting Title Match Pro Wrestling CIB? That is a really hard box to get from my past experience. I've completed a loose set twice but never had a CIB set like you have now completed. Way to go on that. It's getting harder and harder to complete. The most I ever had at once might have been 40 CIB titles. Never had Tank Command CIB that is for sure! 

I picked up Title Match Pro Wrestling from eBay many years ago. The box for that one is the worst box I have. It has a pretty good crease on the front and I cannot remember if it was like that when I bought it or if it happened during a move or something.