IGNORED

Console Box Reproduction

2 minutes ago, Judge Mental said:

I have some old console boxes that are beat up and like to know if there is a box repro service somewhere. I can't find one online, unless there is and I'm not wording the search correctly.

I've seen someone on Facebook making repro Vectrex boxes but that's about it.

I don't know about cardboard boxes but customgamecases and gamingrelics sell nice plastic boxes with artwork for a handful of popular systems. Stoneagegamer has similar Bitboxes of their own and some sites make boxes with the older universal game cases. I like those less because they don't have manual holders, but are still the only option for some systems.

Or wait, do you mean boxes for the systems themselves? That's probably less likely due to their size.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGameCollector said:

I don't know about cardboard boxes but customgamecases and gamingrelics sell nice plastic boxes with artwork for a handful of popular systems. Stoneagegamer has similar Bitboxes of their own and some sites make boxes with the older universal game cases. I like those less because they don't have manual holders, but are still the only option for some systems.

Or wait, do you mean boxes for the systems themselves? That's probably less likely due to their size.

Yes, boxes for the consoles, not the games. That's too bad. I'm sure there are other collectors like me, who would settle for a brand new repro box. If not, I'll continue to wander the earth as the lonely collector. (To the tune, "The Lonely Man" from the Hulk tv show. ) ?‍♂️

Edited by Judge Mental

eBay has a few, particularly the Colecovision but personally I think its dead expensive, last time I looked they wanted about half the cost of finding another 2nd hand console+box. "Empty Console Box" sometimes gets you the right items if you are looking for an existing console box even if its never going to match any serials, you might have to sift through entries of game boxes even then though.

I've been doing this for a few years and have gotten lucky enough to get most of my unboxed consoles boxes now, they stack a lot better in storage this way and looks nicer than non-printed cardboard.

• Like 1