IGNORED

BennVenn LCD (IPS) Mod Kits for Atari Lynx - now sold on K-Retro.com

Igor

Hi All,

We're now working with BennVenn to be a distributor of their LCD Mod Kits (and other Lynx goodies once they are available again). These can be purchased from our shop for their RRP - https://atarigamer.com/shop

Update 2022: We moved our store to it's own domain, the kits can be found here - https://k-retro.com/12-lcd-mod-kits

We also provide pre-cut wire sets, replacement fitting brackets, cartridge display stands, and other fun Lynx items.

Keep on Lynxing!

-Atari Gamer

AtariGamer_Com.thumb.jpeg.8060548ed4dc78aff0c0afb53adcc875.jpeg

Edited by Igor
  • Like 4

BennVenn's store doesn't have stock of these and the plan going forward is that Lynx only orders will be handled via Atari Gamer. This is a way to free up time so Ben can concentrate on product enhancements and development instead of having to pack orders. We're also working with an EU distributor to cater for the EU market :)

Also it's $10USD cheaper ?

Edited by Igor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Octane said:

Will the 10 value pack be offered?

We don't have plans for the bulk packs to be stocked as the price for those is very close to our purchase price from BennVenn already, in fact after shipping, the addition of the mounting bracket and time spent testing each kit we'd be making an overall loss. I suggest for bulk purchases to go to contact BennVenn directly.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Sinphaltimus said:

It took a bit of time to get here but I just finished this mod a few days ago. It's great. Thank you much. Yes, I went through AtariGamer.com. *****5 Stars thru and thru. :)

Awesome! Glad you had a great experience, did you get the ribbon version or the soldered version?

On 1/11/2022 at 7:03 AM, Igor said:

Awesome! Glad you had a great experience, did you get the ribbon version or the soldered version?

Ribbon. I also verified my mainboard revision before ordering so i was happy to get the standard kit.

I also purchased the parts kit that comes with replacement capacitors. I don't need to replace any now but i thought it a good idea to keep the kit on hand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sinphaltimus said:

Ribbon. I also verified my mainboard revision before ordering so i was happy to get the standard kit.

I also purchased the parts kit that comes with replacement capacitors. I don't need to replace any now but i thought it a good idea to keep the kit on hand.

Keep an eye on those, if they haven't leaked yet, the chances of them leaking increases every year. It's about a 30-60min job to replace them if you have the right equipment (good soldering iron with a nice tip - I prefer to use a K type tip, the one that looks like a knife, and some 3mm de-solder braid).

I've published an interactive capacitor map here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/atari-lynx-capacitor-maps

31 minutes ago, Igor said:

Keep an eye on those, if they haven't leaked yet, the chances of them leaking increases every year. It's about a 30-60min job to replace them if you have the right equipment (good soldering iron with a nice tip - I prefer to use a K type tip, the one that looks like a knife, and some 3mm de-solder braid).

I've published an interactive capacitor map here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/atari-lynx-capacitor-maps

Wow, this capacitor map is great. I will take your advice to heart and get the caps replaced by the end of the year. Yes, I'm pretty comfortable soldering. I have a decent kit for a life long hobbyist. I do have a newer kit on my list of things to upgrade this year.

Thank you Igor. From the Mod to the instructions and capacitor map, this is fantastic and so are you. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JagChris said:

Every pic I've seen has the 3D inserts in Orange. Mine came in black blended in perfectly with the black of the rest of the kit. I was looking for orange, started freaking out a little. Lol

We switched to black a while back to keep costs down, or rather the same for the customer. We can buy black in bulk and save on shipping, vs buying a couple of orange rolls. Plus as you said, it blends it better :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, tripled79 said:

Just bought the MOSFET, NM Battery mod kits. Hope it works out well for my Lynx 2.

Fantastic! I think it was your's that I went to drop off not long ago. Make sure to check to the install guide for the NiMh kit here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/installing-bennvenn-s-nimh-charge-module-into-an-atari-lynx-2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 3:14 AM, DarkLord said:

Are these still available?

From the link, it looks like it's listed in their online shop as "all gone".

Thanks.

Apologies for the late reply. We've sold out of all Rev6b for Lynx 2, there are some Rev6b left for Lynx 1 though.

We also have Rev4 kits at a discounted price.

The differences between revisions are listed here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/lcd-replacement-mod-kits-for-atari-lynx#bvrevisions

• 2 weeks later...

We have a very limited amount of Rev6b boards that have turned up. These are fully working but we only have 3 left, so get them quick if that's the revision you want.

We also have a sale on the rev4 boards ($15 USD off) - these lack the brightness wheel control (brightness level controlled via the backlight button) but apart from that are just as good as the newer revisions.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:02 AM, Igor said:

We have a very limited amount of Rev6b boards that have turned up. These are fully working but we only have 3 left, so get them quick if that's the revision you want.

We also have a sale on the rev4 boards ($15 USD off) - these lack the brightness wheel control (brightness level controlled via the backlight button) but apart from that are just as good as the newer revisions.

Ah man I knew I should have been watching closer. I'm way late.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Igor said:

Rev4 is still there and there's a sale for it too. We have 10 left as of writing this.

Thanks. It says one motherboard isn't covered - is there a way to check what motherboard

I have without opening my Lynx up ?  Thanks.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Thanks. It says one motherboard isn't covered - is there a way to check what motherboard

I have without opening my Lynx up ?  Thanks.  :)

You have to open it up and have a look, but then you have to open it to install the kit anyway so you may as well. Just don't fully re-assemble e.g. leave the rubber feet in a safe place until you fit the LCD.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, I finally got around to taking my Lynx apart. Looks like I have the most

common motherboard so I ordered the BennVenn screen kit and the USB power

adapter mod.

Really looking forward to playing Eye Of The Beholder on an modern screen!

I did have one question which I couldn't seem to resolve from the website. When

you do the USB power adapter mod, can you still use the batteries or does it bypass

that altogether?

Thanks, and thanks for continuing to support the Atari Lynx community - appreciated.  :)

• Like 1