IGNORED

Put a new emulator on my radar today.

Keatah

Enjoying trs80gp, an easy-to-use TRS-80 emu. Doesn't require installation, and drag'n'drop worked straight away. Within moments we were playing T80-FS1, Eliminator, Dancing Demon, Lunar Lander, and testing out DOS and BASIC. Love it!

Back when I was a kid I wanted a TRS-80 "anything", because RadioShack! And I loved the look of the Model III, like a small futuristic NASA MissionControl console. I was already deep into the Apple II, collecting software and books and literature and peripheral cards. But the '80 didn't have color graphics - something my grandparents were always quick to point out, saying I'd be bored and effectively refused to give me money toward it. So the Model I or III never happened. Let alone pipedreams of a Model II. But I did get into the Pocket Computer as a side companion to all my budding computer activities - because it was eminently more affordable than another desktop.

Today though I find the early models delectably vintage. Love that text terminal monochrome look!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...