IGNORED

Taihaho TH603D - what do people know?

Simon Carter

17 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Here's an Atari Taihaho; I'm not sure if it's a TH603D though (no model # provided).

Taihaho Computer Cassette

Yeah, looks about right, kind of like a mutant XC12. Not sure what the Atari did to earn that red cover... Looking forward to see what condition it arrives in

image.thumb.png.11564826a024a916b537d2ffbd14739c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Carter said:

Yeah, looks about right, kind of like a mutant XC12. Not sure what the Atari did to earn that red cover... Looking forward to see what condition it arrives in

image.thumb.png.11564826a024a916b537d2ffbd14739c.png

The one you have pictured there looks quite a bit better than the one in the thread I linked to.

Yeah, that red's pretty bold. Maybe it's meant to match the blood that will come out of your ears while waiting for something like Gauntlet to load. :lol:

It was the first tape deck I owned back in '85 that I purchased soon after my 130XE. I got it a Toys R Us, they also had the 1010 there for about $75, the 410 for about $50 and the Taihaho was $25. I thought the Taihaho styling and size, if not color, went better with the 130XE. I got the Taihaho and a couple of games instead. It worked fine for me until I got my 1050 then I gave the Taihaho to a friend who had just gotten a 600XL on close-out.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Well it arrived and in really good condition, just testing it now, although, in hindsight, Red Max was probably not the best choice of test  tapes...

On 8/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, xrbrevin said:

i think the SIO and AC plug are hard-wired so theres probably a bit of weight to it, what with the iron-core transformer tech

Surprisingly, there's not a lot of weight to it, a bit more than an XC12, but not much. Tis a little weird having a tape deck with a power lead though.

20210826_083738.jpg

• Like 4