IGNORED

SIO Coupler.

DavidMil

You people are over working this.  I did this just as an answer to a question, not to try and make money.  The few pennies that

I would make from selling these would not even cover the cost of gasoline or shipping materials.  And my time is much more

valuable to me!  This was designed as a simple coupler to connect SIO cables, not as any fancy splitter.

DavidMil

• Like 5

After seeing this thread yesterday, I finally assembled a dual receptacle breakout board that I mentioned here a while back. Boards arrived early August but been very busy. This is similar to the FujiNet connectors but using new bigger better pins. The board also supports having a plug on the 'front' instead of dual receptacle.

IMG_20210825_215514002_1.thumb.jpg.3c048a2d75fbfea33f9936140557bee2.jpgIMG_20210825_215539874_1.thumb.jpg.aed2c8bf51417665b537cbe5791ba641.jpgIMG_20210825_215405909_1.thumb.jpg.1f81a6bb2b04c68cfb9a0f0c89a9b827.jpg

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Sikor said:

Sometimes is only extension needed (1:1). I don't know one: why @DavidMil PCB is that large? But I think, that he has enclosure for it.

Yes, I guess. It could be 50% smaller, and if routed correctly probably without a "3rd" layer with jumper wires. Nevertheless a nice project! ?

12 hours ago, Nezgar said:

Could the traces all be straight through on the PCB if one SIO socket was on the opposite side of the PCB?

(ugly, but curious if my assumption is correct)

Yes, you are correct Nezgar.  Ugly, but that would work and make the job of running all the traces look more uniform without

so many traces going back and forth on the top and bottom of the PCB.  In fact you could get away with a much smaller single

sided PCB if you did that.  Me personally, I would want a box to conceal that though.

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1