IGNORED

We need more Sub Games!

ZillaRUSH

After recently playing Blowsub on the Atari 5200...its great.  I realized we need more sub games for the INTV!

We have...

Sub Hunt

Go Sub

Seaventure

Would enjoy having an equiv of...

Blowsub - (5200)

Sub Scan (2600)

Sea Wolf (2600)

Sea Dragon (5200) - def a fav!!

Missing any?

I agree.  Sub games are great.  Played the heck out of Sub Battle Simulator on the Mac Plus and of course Sub Battle on the Intellivision.

I have been playing Blowsub on the 8-bit Atari, it’s pretty great but you play the ship not the sub.

Epyx had a game called Fire One which would be great on the Intellivision.  

A4A29A23-A96A-439A-9FAC-088FFB293A82.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gunoz said:

These are not the type of sub games I was expecting...

You, Rev and Smart can't be trusted with language or dark rooms with whips and chains.

• Haha 4

Hahaa...You Intellivision guys are fun!  (Not like those Jaguar types hehe).

I never had one BITD,  and now only have the Flashback (Which I haven't opened yet but someday ...Oh and that PlayStation disc of games!).  I went straight from my beloved Atari VCS to the Mighty ColecoVision, which I bought as close to its launch as humanly possible...My friend got his early, so I ordered from the same company and it got to my house about 2 days after they hit stores, but pretty close for a "launch" back then...

:)  OK,  Carry on...

• Like 4

I just tried out Blowsub on the 5200. Very cool game, but wow does it have a lot going on on the screen at once. Multicolor subs going in different directions, multiple player and enemy weapons, mines, huge eels, and of course the player's ship. I imagine Sea Dragon would be a more faithful conversion on the Intellivision.

Just found this one a few mins ago...Electric Adventures (has FB page)...recently released a ROM for Colecovision of Depth Charge.  DC is the arcade game that paved the way for Blowsub.

Here is the ROM link for the CV game.... Depth Charge ROM   If link does not work...its on his FB page.  Will give it a try later today!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, gunoz said:

These are not the type of sub games I was expecting...

Just gotta say.......this comment:

1. Caught me by complete surprise

2. Gave me an instant, involuntary and loud BELT out loud laugh (thanks)

If you read further down in this thread someone mentioned a game called "Blowsub". With your comment and this game name....i feel like this thread has Tobias Funke all over it! Where just about everything he says is interpreted as a sexual innuendo when its ironically not! (This reference only works if you are a fan of the TV show Arrested Development)

• Haha 1