IGNORED

MiSTer Multisystem Games Console

Hwlngmad

It comes loaded with 128 MB ram, I/O, SNAC port, audio in.  It comes with or without the DE10 fpga.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's cheaper than buying the equivalent of all the boards.  Depending on what you want to emulate you might not need many of those extras.

• Like 1

As he says in the vid, the price is 141 GBP + VAT, for just this all-in-one board. Case will be extra, or you can print it yourself. You then need to buy the DE10 nano too (170USD). It's okay, I guess, for people who have bigger budgets and don't want to cobble it together themselves, but as mr_me says, these extras aren't really needed. My latest cheap-o estimate for MiSTer is ~250 USD  (128MB RAM+DE10+cheap USB hub & heatsink/fan), this will play everything, and if you go with 32MB RAM you can get close to the 200USD mark and still be able to run 98% of the soft (only some bigger NeoGeo and CPS games need 128 MB atm). Big savings, which I quite appreciated and spent on other silly retro gaming stuff.Insert other media

Edited by youxia

On 8/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, John Stamos Mullet said:

This looks great, but yeah - I fear pricing is going to be a yikes.

Yeah, pricing will be a big point.  Granted, it is meant to get one into the MiSTer scene.  But, will just have to see how everything shakes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a MiSTer Multisystem with an included keyboard.

There's another FPGA-project slowly taking shape, which aims at creating a modern successor to the C64, which is called "Mega65". It says, the project is open-source. There had already been a DYI-kit of it, which had a nice compact keyboard. It looked like this. As I understand it, this case and keyboard design would be open-source too. The Mega65 is a nice project. But the product will be quite expensive (as I read), and focusses on its own system. I'd prefer a Multisystem, to run ZX Spectrum-, Atari 800XL-, Amiga 500 (1200)- and Mame-cores on it.

And have it all in an opaque (not transparent like in the picture) light grey case (C128 or A500-style), and a keyboard as shown. At a reasonable price. That would be ideal.

Edited by Pokeypy

• 2 weeks later...