IGNORED

Guntech 2.0 Released (in VCS store)

Mockduck

Gunpoint 2.0 has been released to the VCS Store. This UPDATES the original Guntech release on VCS. So, if you already have Guntech, it is a free update. 2.0 has replaced the original Guntech in the VCS Store as well, so anyone who buys the game will be getting 2.0. Additionally, it looks like the core price got a cut and the price is now $19.99 vs. the original $24.99 release. Well worth it. Utopos is good, too, and will also be getting a re-work, but suffers from the core issue of all online multiplayer games which is unless you are a big dog or lucky it can be hard to get things going and even harder to keep it going. 

This is a top to bottom rework of the game, and is pretty extensive. Additionally, the game calls out that the game (including the original VCS release, actually) has up to 4-player co-op. 

https://atarivcs.medium.com/an-interview-with-guntech-2-0-developer-jani-penttinen-4765f62c0a9b

• Like 2

Great news! I’ve been looking forward to this update for a while now since it was announced so I’ll be sure to get the game updated tonight. I really hope Utopos gets its update soon this game should have been big on the VCS since it’s the first online multiplayer game maybe after the update it’ll gain a new player base as it’s actually fun when you get a game going. 

• Like 1

Really loving the new update so far! Jani has definitely delivered with this update the game is just so much better now not that it was bad before but it kinda felt a bit lacking in gameplay to me after a while but overall it’s very good value now especially at the new price point! Well worth picking up for new VCS owners. 

On 8/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, SabertoothRetro said:

I got stuck at the level with the scientists. They just kinda float around in space and I'm not able to pick them up. Apparently a fix is forthcoming. The game is marked improvement from the earlier version.

I had the same problem with the Halloween level. Scientists are standing and waving in space, but I can't pick them up. Plus sometimes the objectives are buried in the rock, so I can't win...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I’m glad to hear in the podcast that Utopos hasn’t been abandoned, actually looking forward to the full release soon sounds like it’s going to be a blast. 

Me too. Looking forward  to playing the fleshed out version with a solid single player. Also, added content for Guntech!

The other cool bit here was that the game has done better on the VCS than on Steam. I hope more quality indie devs hear that message.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

This game keeps getting better and better, i decided to give it a play again last night as I’ve not touched it in months and noticed an update was available and what a difference after updating!. I liked the game before but wasn’t really blown away by it for quite a few reasons but those reasons seem to be addressed now and the game looks and plays amazing and works a treat with the joystick. I really hope Utopos gets similar treatment soon as it was so much fun when you could find people playing online.