IGNORED

Myst re-done available on GOG

OLD CS1

Good Old Games has the venerable Myst re-done in the Unreal Engine, and it looks pretty nice.

https://www.gog.com/game/myst

Built from the ground up to play both in VR as well as traditional flatscreen displays, Myst is teeming with new art, new sound, re-imagined interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization. Finally... the highly anticipated Myst 2D/VR experience has arrived!

• Thanks 1

Cyan has gotten a LOT of mileage out of that old puzzle game. So many remakes. If I were enough of a fan to want to buy it all over again, seems to me the puzzles would be easy to solve. Does anyone know if they randomized or mixed things up, or is this another presentation of the old game with a fresh coat of paint?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Cyan has gotten a LOT of mileage out of that old puzzle game. So many remakes. If I were enough of a fan to want to buy it all over again, seems to me the puzzles would be easy to solve. Does anyone know if they randomized or mixed things up, or is this another presentation of the old game with a fresh coat of paint?

There are videos on YouTube of the new version I believe and I saw an option to randomize the puzzles.

I've never been able to figure out how to play that game, but it always caught my eye.  My very first pc (1990 christmas) came with its precursor The Manhole which was a lot of fun, but it was more no risk fun exploration than any challenge in the slightest.

Speaking of old names popping up, I got a notice of them having Comanche, which looks like a modern take on the 30 year old Nova Logic classic?  I hope that makes it possible for the original gem to pop up.

I have Myst for my Amiga.  An old crush used to tease me that she could play on her PC but I could not play on my Amiga.  Well, five years later and well after we lost contact, I showed her*.  Honestly, I could have used her help.  Love lost is game lost.

* Yeah, the original came out in 1993 on Mac, 1994 on PC, and 1997 on Amiga, but I did not get it for my Amiga until 1999.

• Sad 1