IGNORED

Flying Toasters (screensaver)

rsiddall

Is there another way to write:

if collision(playfield,player0) then P0posX = startP0x:P0posY = startP0y

For some reason, I can't get it to work in the multisprite kernel if I'm using more than player0 and player1 sprites.

So, no way to get my toasters and toast to return to starting positions once they've hit the playfield.

THIS

Is it possible to flicker sprites in the standard kernel? If so, would someone be able to provide an example? Or add additional sprites (not through NUSIZ) to fill more of the space with toasters/toast.

Added music to the latest version. 

Flying-ToastersUPDATEDrev2.bin

Edited by rsiddall

2 hours ago, chewy said:

id take slow toasters, no sound - for a screensaver, if that could be an option

I can slow the toasters down...had them moving quite slow but after a few rounds, some of the toasters drop out. Not sure if that's my code or something else? I've got a version (haven't posted it here, yet) that is running 10-12% slower without a hitch. It seems to happen when you get down past a certain percentage.

Current version has fire button to 'reset' and 'select' button to change P1 toast color. Have another version that uses the fire button to change P0 toast color and 'select' button to change P1 toast color.

I'm working on setting up the color/bw switch to turn sound on/off.

Lots of tweaks planned - need to get what I think most people would enjoy/ease of use.

Also looking to replace music with flapping sound (like Joust)...just need a good sound effect/sound.

Edited by rsiddall

13 hours ago, rsiddall said:

I can slow the toasters down...had them moving quite slow but after a few rounds, some of the toasters drop out. Not sure if that's my code or something else? I've got a version (haven't posted it here, yet) that is running 10-12% slower without a hitch. It seems to happen when you get down past a certain percentage.

Current version has fire button to 'reset' and 'select' button to change P1 toast color. Have another version that uses the fire button to change P0 toast color and 'select' button to change P1 toast color.

I'm working on setting up the color/bw switch to turn sound on/off.

Lots of tweaks planned - need to get what I think most people would enjoy/ease of use.

Also looking to replace with flapping sound (like Joust)...just need a good sound effect/sound.

oh noooo my tv bw/color switch is rubberbaded to the power switch on my 6'r to keep the power switch on in place and its nearly impossible to use it 

I've skipped a few revisions to get, what I think, the best set-up for this screensaver.

Up on the joystick (Joy0) will change some of the toast colors.

Down on the joystick (Joy0) will change the rest of the toast colors.

This allows for several color combinations.

Pressing the fire button will reset the screensaver (colors and toasters will revert to original starting positions).

In this version, I have dropped the song in favor of flapping wings. This can be turned off with the B/W switch and turned back on with the Color switch.

Added a hi-res title screen, and toasters have been slowed down 30%.

10-04-21

Flying-ToastersUPDATEDrev9.bin

Edited by rsiddall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chewy said:

love it my guy, hey can we dial it back even a little more to match the speed of After Dark 2.0? 

Can't go much slower...animation is totally hosed after a certain percentage. Looks like toasters shuffling (rather than flying). The animation just doesn't work when the percentage is slowed past a certain amount.

Definitive version of Toasters-Flying attached - all the previous bells and whistles with better flapping sounds. Have included another iteration with music data (can't turn song off).

And another surprise that can be found here:

Toasters-AD.bin Toasters-Valkyries.bin

Edited by rsiddall
  • Like 1