IGNORED

Imagine cartoon shows on the atari lynx

johannesmutlu

While it is true that that atari lynx has a low resolution and a lower colorpallet,HOWEVER this shouldn’t be a problem since you can use color dithering and you can hide those color artifacts by blurring them down, also the atari lynx has 4 8bit dac audio channels so 8bit pcm stereo sound shouldn’t be a problem, to get around the 512K rom limit,you could swap data in & out on the fly,this can be done in sections trough a resambled hardreset option to refresh the entire 512KB rom or just swap data in sections of 256KB without the need to constantly using the resambled hardreset feature,since one of the 256KB rom chip can be refreshed without using the resambled hardreset while the other 256KB rom chip does require a resambled hardreset ,depending how fast data can be swapped, i don’t see why cartoon shows shouldn’t be possible on the lynx,just imagine a whole bunch of atari lynx cartrides with each their own cartoon series on it,like the simpsons,sponge bob,the powerpuff girls etc,,,?

Edited by johannesmutlu

I couldn’t stand the low resolution screen of Netflix on DS. I can’t imagine chunk-o-vision on the Lynx screen — but as Sage says, go for it.  

There’s no commercial motivation to do this, and if someone wanted to do it just to do it, they’ve had thirty years to make it happen. Fix that if you can!

• Like 3