IGNORED

Mattel Intellivision fans, do you care what happens to the Amico?

Rev

10 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

One of the biggest disappointments in modern gaming for me, because I was singing its praise and doing everything I could to spread the word.   I feel like an idiot.

Right. I avoid spreading the word about any tech unless I have direct hands-on experience with it. And especially for something that’s being hyped on the internet and in forums.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 2

I know I posted here before, but I’m seriously considering canceling my Founders Edition at this point. My nostalgia goggles were on at the beginning and I’ve come to realize that many of the games they are creating just aren’t for me. My excitement has completely waned due to delays and stupid drama, and I no longer feel this is a “must-have”, especially at the inflated price point. I love the original Intellivision and always will, but I can see Amico being a huge letdown. So I’m wavering right now…someone help me decide…should I keep the Founders or bail ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I'm in the same boat.

Edit: I just went ahead and contacted them requesting information on how to cancel. I'll stick with my original Intellivision and the games I love.

Edited by cjherr
  • Like 4

I hope it succeeds because I like what it stands for as bringing back couch co-op as they call it. The current game market has tablet/phone games and Xbox monster games but nothing in between like the Wii used to handle. My mom would play Wii bowling but would never touch an Xbox controller to play even a cute version of bowling because the system is too intimidating for the casual player. The Amico I can see being pulled out at a family BBQ later at night in a way that other co soles would not. 

It's different for me than the fun I get from playing a classic Intellivision game. It's a while different segment and I'm OK with there being no overlap. My mom isn't going to play B-17 Bomber with me either. 

To me there is room for both csoles and they don't overlap in their missions. 

I think COVID-19-driven supply chain issues are going to kill the platform chances. Timing matters and I am not sure the small  company can produce and source in an environment where Apple announced today that the next Apple Watch would be delayeddue to production issues from the pandemic.If Tim Cook can't get parts and people it has to be a strain on Tommy Tallarico. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I know I posted here before, but I’m seriously considering canceling my Founders Edition at this point. My nostalgia goggles were on at the beginning and I’ve come to realize that many of the games they are creating just aren’t for me. My excitement has completely waned due to delays and stupid drama, and I no longer feel this is a “must-have”, especially at the inflated price point. I love the original Intellivision and always will, but I can see Amico being a huge letdown. So I’m wavering right now…someone help me decide…should I keep the Founders or bail ?

Dont cancel,dont do it!!!

• Haha 1

I preordered 2 units. Was never really interested in the new games, my sole desire was to play the old games in a modern tv using wireless Intellivision like controllers. I lost the enthusiasm with all the delays and also when I learned that the original games would not be available at launch. I cancelled one unit after the first delay and now am thinking of cancelling the other one too. I really love my Ultimate Intellivision, it allows me to play my beloved childhood games in a modern tv, albeit with wired flashback controllers.

• Like 4

I am not wrapped up in what the amico does. I am going to purchase one to play. I’ll get available games. Whether it has a long life or not, I’m not all that concerned. I enjoy the classic intellivision. I will see what comes for the amico. I of course would like a successful, enduring run. 

• Like 3

I am not as excited as I was when the Amico was announced.  There are enough games, especially the reimagined ones that keep my interest, but the delays and cooled things off some for me.  I'm also glad I have my Ultimate Intellivision Flashback with all my games on it to enjoy and replay the classics.  I have my doubt that the reimagined games will be as good as the originals.  I did not pre-order anything because there is no guarantee that I will like the system.  I will just have to see how this plays out and go from there...

• Like 2

Personally what I'd like to see is an "ambassador package". This would be all the original 125 (or whatever the number) games exactly as they were. With digital overlays and scanned manuals and box art. Make it an option at purchase, or for later.

Technically it's not that hard. And it doesn't take a lot of space compared to the fluff & stuff of many modern games. Many hobbyists and emulator buffs have a similar setup, just on PC.

5 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

but the delays and cooled things off some for me.

They always do. With enough delays and "internet barketing" you might even feel like you've already tried the system out.

I have my doubt that the reimagined games will be as good as the originals.

They never are. Seems like complexity is added that takes away from the simplistic gameplay of yesteryear. And the spiffed-up graphics are not nostalgic. The exact game mechanics are usually missing too. Sure. All that makes the game modern and different. But it also removes what made them popular back in the day.

I did not pre-order anything because there is no guarantee that I will like the system.

Pre-order is for the birds. We never did that stuff in the old days. I mean. Why? You don't always get the goods faster. And if so, sometimes it's like a day or two. Just buy it when it comes out.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 3

I was very very interested to begin with, when the pitch seemed to be basically Intellivision Classics re-imagined, and there were also titles by Data East and Irem mentioned. Since then, the focus seems to have shifted completely. No offence, but I'm not buying a console to play Cornhole, Farkle or any other 5-minute party game.

Shame, as I still think the Couldy Mountain and Night Stalker remakes look great. They'd be better as £10 eShop downloads though. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Parker77 said:

I was very very interested to begin with, when the pitch seemed to be basically Intellivision Classics re-imagined, and there were also titles by Data East and Irem mentioned. Since then, the focus seems to have shifted completely. No offence, but I'm not buying a console to play Cornhole, Farkle or any other 5-minute party game.

Shame, as I still think the Couldy Mountain and Night Stalker remakes look great. They'd be better as £10 eShop downloads though. 

Yeah, what happenned to all the cool games in the debut video?   

Where is the new Toe Jam and Earl game?   That and EJ4 was high on my want list.    And some Imagic reimagined. Would of been awesome…

• Like 2

Personally what I'd like to see is an "ambassador package". This would be all the original 125 (or whatever the number) games exactly as they were. With digital overlays and scanned manuals and box art. Make it an option at purchase, or for later.

Technically it's not that hard. And it doesn't take a lot of space compared to the fluff & stuff of many modern games. Many hobbyists and emulator buffs have a similar setup, just on PC.

Technically, it’s not that hard. Legally, it’s pretty much impossible unless Intellivision wants to get sued (by Activision, Disney and many other third party publishers who still own the Intellectual Property rights for many of the 125 original games).

Hobbyists typically aren’t concerned with licensing / copyright / trademark issues.

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

• Like 6

10 hours ago, IntvCasey said:

If anyone wants to sell their founders edition I’ll gladly buy up to 2 of them as I missed out on them. I have every color preordered but no founders edition ?‍♂️. I can’t wait for these to come out whenever it is. 

I know several founders who have canceled, not sure if they opened up more woodgrains available when they did but I rather doubt it since they haven't been produced. 

• Like 1

I did care initially and was excited when they showed Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain.  Then came this Fox game, Cornhole, Farkle and a whole mess of garbage looking games that look to be from all different artists and ideas with no discernable thread.  If they stuck with the older feeling games redone and moved from there, it would have much more appeal.

Now, after the delays, the questionable finances behind it, the copious amount of bs that seems to be gathering around it and the rest of the games they've shown, I couldn't care less.

When it fails, I'll get a unit, Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain at the inevitable deep discount and that'll be fine for me.

Edited by Omnibro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leatherrebel5150 said:

Honestly I was never that interested to begin with, but Im surprised to see how much interest there still is. This thing just seems like Coleco Chameleon 2.0 to me

Dude, you have been in this forum for over 10 years and none of your 24 messages are related in any way to the original Intellivision...

What part of "Mattel Intellivision fans" didn't you understand?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Dude, you have been in this forum for over 10 years and none of your 24 messages are related in any way to the original Intellivision...

There are many “lurkers” that dont post for many years, if at all. 

What does that matter?

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Dam, you seem like the perfect person to attract more people to participate in a hobby and help it grow. Oh and you dropped the keys to the gate your keeping. 

Chill out man, obviously I struck a cord or something with this Amico thing. Yea I rarely post but am aways around reading things here. Is that a problem? I can’t occasionally decide to throw a comment out there?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1