turbo graphics 220

Ntellivision zero / intellivision zero

Posted (edited)

Anyone interested in this new kind of Intellivision inspired system, the creator says it will be able to play cartridge games of old systems including Intellivision as well having Intellivision style controllers. Theres also adaptors to use atari 2600 and 7800 games as well as other consoles later. It will also be able to playe new games created for the system, it should have about the power of something a bit better than the ps4 pro. Its called the Ntellivision zero.

Edited by turbo graphics 220
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, turbo graphics 220 said:

Anyone interested in this new kind of Intellivision inspired system, the creator says it will be able to play cartridge games of old systems including Intellivision as well having Intellivision style controllers. Theres also adaptors to use atari 2600 and 7800 games as well as other consoles later. It will also be able to playe new games created for the system, it should have about the power of something a bit better than the ps4 pro. Its called the Ntellivision zero.

The guy appears to live in a chip-board walled house with an abandoned DIY arcade cabinet attempt. Unless by more powerful than a PS4 Pro, it's just an i7 PC level board with emulators and RetroN77 style cart slots, I don't see this getting completed.

6 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Pretty sure its just satire.  

I was thinking the same.  This is just a shot at IE and Amico.  

• Like 2

Looks like it.  Last few weeks it's been really noticable, but what do you expect having had so many delays and no repetitive videos.  

They need to put out a whole new array of videos of the completed games being played.  It's now September in a few days.  That's 1 month prior to the past release date that was postponed.  If there are finished games, let's see some longer videos rather than quicky flash videos.  At least that might reassure some. Would be good to see new footage of Night Stalker, Bomb Squad, Nitro Racing, Skiing, Cloudy Mountain...etc.

• Like 4

I'd definitely pick up a machine that ran all my old carts, I'm having no lock whatsoever getting the original machines running on an HDTV.

• Like 2

Did you try just going with an ANT to RCA converter on the back of your TV or BlueRay/DVD?  You can then get the single to HMDI from there.

That's how I do it, and it works pretty good.  I mean it's not true HDMI, but it looks good.  Other option is to get into Retropie style emulation which is a whole different ball game.

• Like 1

Cool, a page about Ntellivision Zero.  Hello, I'm Tom.  What questions do you have for it?

There was an interesting interview on the GeekGetaway, its about 45 minutes. 

Once the cartoon thingy starts, just exit, very little realworld info once it starts till the end.

This will tell you mostly what we are about, but the website was taken down (as of today)

until we can get it fully functional.

Here is the interview, but it is (45min) long.  https://youtu.be/nMXaSUPLp3c?t=12930

b7.jpg

Edited by Tommyptr
clarification

We dont want to sell hats or shirts... only systems.  To be honest, it was a concept idea that I had mulling around in my head for about 10 years, but it never had a name... until the disaster Intellivision Amico has been (in the press I will say)... and it would offer a great reboot, that would include all homebrew communities at 'local' events, provide that old-style feel that has been missing in the large corporate world, and also give a system to give Sony and Microsoft a run for their money.  It would save Intellivison (if they need that sort of thing, which I really think they do), and make the name very respectable in the 2020's.  But I am open to any and all questions. 

I did take down all of the videos, in a bit of rage, but I be willing to post them somewhere again if anybody is interested.

(Here they incorrectly stated it was Intellivision)... but I can understand why.  Take care- Tom

Edited by Tommyptr

I will admit, I have a nonzero amount of interest in this.  A convenient, low-cost option to play INTV games over HDMI with some better hardware (including the controllers) is something I would look at.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, godslabrat said:

I will admit, I have a nonzero amount of interest in this.  A convenient, low-cost option to play INTV games over HDMI with some better hardware (including the controllers) is something I would look at.

Its primarily a 4th party console, that has the ability to play PS4 style graphics, but because of the modular capabilities, that module would pop out, and you can insert from a host of other system modules to play direct hardware equivalents... it plays original carts and cd 'type' media.  Because of this, it is not exactly the cheapest system, but it has unique advantages in the marketplace.  First off, it plays last-generation graphic games.  Its perfect for a small company like Intellivision because it give us 5 years to miniaturize the 'next gen system', allow us to make it less expensive to manufacture...and its primary advantage, all the developers that come off the systems for Xbox and Playstation, these developers have to pay huge sums of money for hardware to develop the next gen games, but the Ntellivision Zero can pick up these developers as they are being pushed off the big consoles, and they can pretty much use all the game-making hardware without investing anything.  And since they have been developing for a few years on that 'gen' console, we instantly receive a flood of excellent games.  It also allows Intellivision corp to make their 'reimaigned classics' in the meantime, which are not exactly upto PS4 snuff.  And we recycle the method every 5-7 years when new hardware comes out.  We have a reverse engineering team that reverses the 'next gen', makes equivalent type performance equipment, and then we release that as our upgrade.  Then the cycle of picking up new developers is there again, as long as the Zero is a product.  Not only does it have an exspansion bay for the Hardware-module, it also has a DiskDrive slot, so you pop out the drive, and insert the next-best PC-Drive unit if there are things our current disk drive can not read/do ect.  And then a 3rd expansion bay for the video-output, so that also can be upgraded, in 15 years or whatever, when HDMI is no longer a thing, this can be upgraded as well.  And every generation, we can sell the upgrade for cheaper then an entire console, thats another hook, along with playing a bunch of other retro console carts and cds.  Overtime if the company is successful, the Zero could possibly play just about every console system from antiquity.  Anyway, I ranted, if you have specific questions, i'll answer them.

20 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

If that were remotely true, you would already have this: 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

If that were remotely true, you would already have this: 

It looks like he heard about Ntellivision from our page or something... and that is what it is related.  We are more, going head to head with Sony and Xbox then just being something that emulates INTV roms or runs Intellivision carts.  We do that too of course.

Edited by Tommyptr

15 minutes ago, Tommyptr said:

Its primarily a 4th party console, that has the ability to play PS4 style graphics, but because of the modular capabilities, that module would pop out, and you can insert from a host of other system modules to play direct hardware equivalents... it plays original carts and cd 'type' media.  Because of this, it is not exactly the cheapest system, but it has unique advantages in the marketplace.  First off, it plays last-generation graphic games.  Its perfect for a small company like Intellivision because it give us 5 years to miniaturize the 'next gen system', allow us to make it less expensive to manufacture...and its primary advantage, all the developers that come off the systems for Xbox and Playstation, these developers have to pay huge sums of money for hardware to develop the next gen games, but the Ntellivision Zero can pick up these developers as they are being pushed off the big consoles, and they can pretty much use all the game-making hardware without investing anything.  And since they have been developing for a few years on that 'gen' console, we instantly receive a flood of excellent games.  It also allows Intellivision corp to make their 'reimaigned classics' in the meantime, which are not exactly upto PS4 snuff.  And we recycle the method every 5-7 years when new hardware comes out.  We have a reverse engineering team that reverses the 'next gen', makes equivalent type performance equipment, and then we release that as our upgrade.  Then the cycle of picking up new developers is there again, as long as the Zero is a product.  Not only does it have an exspansion bay for the Hardware-module, it also has a DiskDrive slot, so you pop out the drive, and insert the next-best PC-Drive unit if there are things our current disk drive can not read/do ect.  And then a 3rd expansion bay for the video-output, so that also can be upgraded, in 15 years or whatever, when HDMI is no longer a thing, this can be upgraded as well.  And every generation, we can sell the upgrade for cheaper then an entire console, thats another hook, along with playing a bunch of other retro console carts and cds.  Overtime if the company is successful, the Zero could possibly play just about every console system from antiquity.  Anyway, I ranted, if you have specific questions, i'll answer them.

You're kind of losing me at the "modular" aspect.  I'm seeing increased costs, complexity, and no real gain.  I'll still pay attention, but I've seen that movie already.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, godslabrat said:

You're kind of losing me at the "modular" aspect.  I'm seeing increased costs, complexity, and no real gain.  I'll still pay attention, but I've seen that movie already.

If you heard of the Poly Mega, they have adapters, but these are just that.  The actual hardware is fixed... so they could possibly release other adapters and emulators, but they will hit a limit and not be able to go above this.  With hardware in our module units... 5 years from now we can 'upgrade' the system fully to have, our first Mega-Module can do PS4 type graphics, but our 2nd MegaModule can do PS5 type graphics... and we are forward compatible, just not backward.  That's what the idea is, I cant help it if its not your cup of tea, and that's alright with me.  But the advantage is, if you buy a Zero (when it comes out)... in 6 years from now, when PS6 comes out, if you already own the Zero, the next gen for you will be $250 instead of the PS6 at $500 or whatever.  That is where the advantage is.

2 minutes ago, Tommyptr said:

If you heard of the Poly Mega, they have adapters, but these are just that.  The actual hardware is fixed... so they could possibly release other adapters and emulators, but they will hit a limit and not be able to go above this.  With hardware in our module units... 5 years from now we can 'upgrade' the system fully to have, our first Mega-Module can do PS4 type graphics, but our 2nd MegaModule can do PS5 type graphics... and we are forward compatible, just not backward.  That's what the idea is, I cant help it if its not your cup of tea, and that's alright with me.  But the advantage is, if you buy a Zero (when it comes out)... in 6 years from now, when PS6 comes out, if you already own the Zero, the next gen for you will be $250 instead of the PS6 at $500 or whatever.  That is where the advantage is.

Yeah, I'm aware of the polymega.  The similarity to that project is not encouraging.  But still, I wish you the best of luck and sincerely mean I will keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

So silly. But it amazes me that people are willing to spend so much time and energy just to troll Amico a bit.

3 hours ago, Steel76 said:

Well, this is obviously a joke :D

It's masterfully done, if so.  Indistinguishable from the real deal.  A fine example of Poe's law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, youxia said:

So silly. But it amazes me that people are willing to spend so much time and energy just to troll Amico a bit.

Some people just enjoy being bitchy, even if they can’t change anything by it. 

On 9/1/2021 at 3:12 AM, Steel76 said:

Well, this is obviously a joke :D

Again, why do people think its a joke?  I made a funny channel so I could get some subs before I talked about it.  But this is the way I want to introduce it, organically... if I wanted to I could go to a huge youtuber and bring it out that way... but what fun is that?

pic.jpg

Edited by Tommyptr

12 hours ago, godslabrat said:

A fine example of Poe's law.

I think I'm going with this and think there is some great kayfabe going on here.

• Thanks 1