IGNORED

Lost Media for Intellivision

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Some of those "lost games" have surfaced over the years, and some of them have actually been made by home-brewers.  I believe "Go For The Gold" was discovered to be a collection of existing sports games, included in the same cartridge using a menu selector which would then "bank-switch" to the appropriate address page in ROM.  The games were the originally released Mattel game ROMs, such as Skiing, Hockey, etc.  I'm not sure if the original prototype was found or if someone reproduced it, but details on it were posted in this forum.

Adventures of TRON, Wizard Of Wor, Jungle Hunt, Omega Race, Chop Lifter, and Smurfs, have all been released as home-brews.  Pong was home-brewed twice, once as a "Pong-inspired" collection of mini-games called Paddle Party (a.k.a. Intellipongola); and later as a more accurate port of the original, including many of the classic variations, called Ultimate Pong.

I am not sure about the Rocky & Bullwinkle game, but I think a prototype of it was found, though I can't be sure.

Perhaps others can provide more details.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

A quick Google search shows that many of the "lost" games mentioned in the video have come out in recent years. No need to imagine what they look like on Intellivision. Here's Rocky & Bullwinkle:

A video covering games that were announced for Intellivision that were eventually released as home-brews would be interesting, but of course that's a moving target, as more are always in the works.

• Like 2

My understanding is that Rocky & Bullwinkle pictured above is a homebrew package but the game on the cartridge was developed at Mattel Electronics.  The rom file is floating around the internet.  That Jungle Hunt is all homebrew; the unreleased Jungle Hunt programmed by Atari in 1983 is still lost along with a few other Intellivision games by Atari.

A version of Choplifter produced by INTV Corp in the late 1980s was found.  It wasn't 100% complete but is playable.  The rom file is floating around the internet.  According to Intellivision Lives, Pong was created by APh (not Atari) for Mattel.  It was dropped along with Brickout from their Triple Action cartridge.  Go for the Gold was just a compilation cartridge of previously released games.  The menu program rom file works fine once combined with the other rom files.  Adventures of Tron for Intellivision was found and its rom file is also floating around the internet.  There were also screen shots and a developer description of Pizza Time found.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 3