IGNORED

Chinese Intellivision Master Component

This is an Intellivision Master Component with no Mattel logo and customized for Jiao Tong University, one of the oldest universities in China.
There is no further information about the console (if it is a Mattel authorized model) and it may have served as support material for the studies, I guess.

Seikai, thank you very much for the pictures!

5B8A4738.jpg

5B8A4726.jpg

5B8A4725.jpg

• Like 20

53 minutes ago, jsmith73 said:

Well that's really awesome. That bulge on the left, anyone want to opine on why it's there?

My guess would the power supply and/or the power supply transformer.  Maybe some else unique is there.  You can see some thick wires through the vents in the 1st photo.  What is actually there might put out some heat since the bulge has vent holes.  It does seem odd to see that since China uses 220V, 50 Hz power with PAL TV so they just could have used a Euro Intellivision.

Other items of note:

• The controllers are brown but the case is black with an LED (like the Super Pros, Inty III, and Tutor Pros)
  • The tray underneath the hand controllers has heat vents.  I've never seen an Intellvision with that before.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

My guess would the power supply and/or the power supply transformer.  Maybe some else unique is there.  You can see some thick wires through the vents in the 1st photo.  What is actually there might put out some heat since the bulge has vent holes.  It does seem odd to see that since China uses 220V, 50 Hz power with PAL TV so they just could have used a Euro Intellivision.

Other items of note:

• The controllers are brown but the case is black with an LED (like the Super Pros, Inty III, and Tutor Pros)
  • The tray underneath the hand controllers has heat vents.  I've never seen an Intellvision with that before.

Missed the wires in the first photo (I'm at work, "working"). My initial thought was speech synth, but PS transformer works for me.

The wires look like the normal wires that go from the transformer to the power supply board.  The left side does get more hot than the right side; more so in the back.

The plastics with all the vents is unique to this Intellivision.  I wonder what the university was doing with it.

Edited by mr_me