Intellivision Brasil

Chinese Intellivision Master Component

This is an Intellivision Master Component with no Mattel logo and customized for Jiao Tong University, one of the oldest universities in China.
There is no further information about the console (if it is a Mattel authorized model) and it may have served as support material for the studies, I guess.

Seikai, thank you very much for the pictures!

5B8A4738.jpg

5B8A4726.jpg

5B8A4725.jpg

• Like 20

Whoa, that is really cool!  Wonder what the history of this machine is. 

..Al

That is awesome. While I suspect it has been customized, either way it's very cool. Are there any pictures of the backside of the unit? 

Wonder if it has the Tutorvision Chip set?

22 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Are there any pictures of the backside of the unit? 

This is a family forum.

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Are those air vents under the controllers?

Good point. What sorcery is this? 

Authorized or not I suspect I would throw at lot of money at something like that. 😂

• Haha 2

Well that's really awesome. That bulge on the left, anyone want to opine on why it's there?

53 minutes ago, jsmith73 said:

Well that's really awesome. That bulge on the left, anyone want to opine on why it's there?

My guess would the power supply and/or the power supply transformer.  Maybe some else unique is there.  You can see some thick wires through the vents in the 1st photo.  What is actually there might put out some heat since the bulge has vent holes.  It does seem odd to see that since China uses 220V, 50 Hz power with PAL TV so they just could have used a Euro Intellivision.

Other items of note:

• The controllers are brown but the case is black with an LED (like the Super Pros, Inty III, and Tutor Pros)
  • The tray underneath the hand controllers has heat vents.  I've never seen an Intellvision with that before.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Now this is a China variant i like!

BU-DUM-TISSSS.

He'll be here all week folks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

My guess would the power supply and/or the power supply transformer.  Maybe some else unique is there.  You can see some thick wires through the vents in the 1st photo.  What is actually there might put out some heat since the bulge has vent holes.  It does seem odd to see that since China uses 220V, 50 Hz power with PAL TV so they just could have used a Euro Intellivision.

Other items of note:

• The controllers are brown but the case is black with an LED (like the Super Pros, Inty III, and Tutor Pros)
  • The tray underneath the hand controllers has heat vents.  I've never seen an Intellvision with that before.

Missed the wires in the first photo (I'm at work, "working"). My initial thought was speech synth, but PS transformer works for me.

The wires look like the normal wires that go from the transformer to the power supply board.  The left side does get more hot than the right side; more so in the back.

The plastics with all the vents is unique to this Intellivision.  I wonder what the university was doing with it.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

I wonder what the university was doing with it.

Playing UTOPIA to practice taking over the world.  Just wait until Rebels start showing up in your yard, then you'll know!!!!!

• Haha 6

the writing on top (高级智能遊戏机) is translated as "avanced intelligent game console". Clearly, something got lost in English translation.

Wow. This is definitely fascinating. I’m certain I have a TV that this could be tested on, please tell the owner I’m happy to do so if he’d like to send it to me. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep, seeing the backside of this, I am convinced that the bulge is definitely PSU related. I wonder what they needed it for. It seems a bit like stuffing a V8 into an MG.

• Like 1

Look at the feet they attached to it? That is the same style and mounting as used on cash register cash drawers. They were serious about keeping it ventilated!