IGNORED

XCloud and Amazon Luna now in Atari OS

SizzleAtari

I'm not that familiar with xbox game pass. I'll have to look into it. I recall trying Stadia on the VCS and it had major lag and stuttering problems. I'm not sure exactly how high speed of an internet connection required to have a somewhat pleasurable experience with Stadia.

Would Xbox be the same?

Yes, Luna and XCloud are available as web-apps, but they integrate the VCS controller support.

That is, I think they automatically switch the Atari VCS controllers to Xbox mode for compatibility,
and so the controllers must be used via USB, but with the 10 foot Atari USB cable, I don't mind.
(At some point, I hope that these services will support more controllers, and include Atari VCS.)

I had expected that there would be a Stadia app also, but I expect that's to follow very soon.
Likewise, a Piepacker app would be handy, since I heard from them they're like the VCS too.

376831733_WhatsAppImage2021-08-31at23_53_41.thumb.jpeg.182315aaa70d12ec6373300deffd1adc.jpeg

1940360169_WhatsAppImage2021-08-31at23_53.58(1).thumb.jpeg.8079eb14a29fdcf2b945815b28fcf412.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tripled79 said:

I'm not that familiar with xbox game pass. I'll have to look into it. I recall trying Stadia on the VCS and it had major lag and stuttering problems. I'm not sure exactly how high speed of an internet connection required to have a somewhat pleasurable experience with Stadia.

Would Xbox be the same?

Gamepass is the subscription service not the cloud service.

Though xcloud is included free with gamepass ultimate if not mistakem

Yes the support for the Modern Controller is amazing ! Just a small downside: The XBOX CLOUD and LUNA "link apps" actually link to US sites. So, I have the games in English instead of in French... So I rather go through chrome with the right address... ATARI has to think about this if in 2022 they want to release the console in Europe. It's a shame because the atariOS is already in French!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

Yes the support for the Modern Controller is amazing ! Just a small downside: The XBOX CLOUD and LUNA "link apps" actually link to US sites. So, I have the games in English instead of in French... So I rather go through chrome with the right address... ATARI has to think about this if in 2022 they want to release the console in Europe. It's a shame because the atariOS is already in French!

In fact, unfortunately the modern controller does not work under the Xbox Cloud site in French. As soon as I manually switch it to xbox mode it goes back to Atari mode... Forced to use the application and therefore to play in English. 

It's a shame because under Windows with edge the controller works very well with the French site. 

Edited by RadiATIon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

In fact, unfortunately the modern controller does not work under the Xbox Cloud site in French. As soon as I manually switch it to xbox mode it goes back to Atari mode... Forced to use the application and therefore to play in English. 

It's a shame because under Windows with edge the controller works very well with the French site. 

Oh, is user-interface language in the Xbox interface not set by the account? Annoying.
I find it so frustrating with many sites that they try to be smart, and set the language by geographic
region, so I go to a site and it automatically comes-up in Dutch, rather than English (better for me).

If you just go to the web-page, the controller will stay in Atari mode. The "app" interfaces for the
likes of Stadia, Lua, and Xbox cloud set the controller to Xbox mode, and disables resetting them.

I'm sure that can be a tweak in a coming update; the developers are all in the USA, I understand.

3 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

I'm sure like you that can be a tweak in a coming update.

I saw one of the mods on the VCS Discord channel mention that it was a soft roll out.  The various regions just need to be turned on and other updates to the service will be coming.

I tried the Stadia app last night. I was impressed with the auto-switching of the Modern Controller to XBOX mode when connected via USB. If you just tap on the Atari Fuji it will function as a Stadia button. If you hold it, it will bring up the Exit option to AtariOS. The gaming experience itself was ok. I played a bit of Darksiders II and Watch Dogs Legion with no real issue. I wasn't super impressed with the Stadia library however. 

I'm going to try Luna later in the weekend and compare Panzer Dragoon Remake on the service to my PS4 copy.  

• Like 1

I felt the Luna experience was even better than Stadia. I tested out Panzer Dragoon Remake and a few others and I have to say that I was quite impressed. The game played just as well as my physical PS4 copy (Limited Run) and the load times were shorter. Also, I actually did better with the Modern Controller vs the Dual Shock. 

I am really digging this crazy pseudo open platform Atari has going on. 

IMG_20210904_192642813.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...