IGNORED

While I wait for Atari 8 bit bbs parts...

rickcollette

I never had an ST when they were coming out.  I have worked on them in music studios.. but never owned one.

I picked up an early version 520STFM - upgraded to rainbow TOS, upgraded the floppy disk to a gotek (waiting for my oleds to show up so i can add that to the drive), and ordered the 4MB kit + proper cabling.  Ah.. and the UltraSatan.  I also had picked up a WiModem for this purpose.

So - on to BBS software.. whats good and working properly on the 520 with the wimodem?

I like to mod things - so if it is a bbs that has source code - thats a plus to me.

even better is the ability to handle doors, and includes a door game toolkit or instructions/docs on creating external games.

4 hours ago, rickcollette said:

I never had an ST when they were coming out.  I have worked on them in music studios.. but never owned one.

I picked up an early version 520STFM - upgraded to rainbow TOS, upgraded the floppy disk to a gotek (waiting for my oleds to show up so i can add that to the drive), and ordered the 4MB kit + proper cabling.  Ah.. and the UltraSatan.  I also had picked up a WiModem for this purpose.

So - on to BBS software.. whats good and working properly on the 520 with the wimodem?

I like to mod things - so if it is a bbs that has source code - thats a plus to me.

even better is the ability to handle doors, and includes a door game toolkit or instructions/docs on creating external games.

Here you Go - FoReM ST from Matt Singer, his demo BBS.. Have a few other BBS's on southernamis.com download page and a couple on the southernamis.ddns.net:23 BBS

FORUMST.ZIP

This page has 3 BBS programs written in GFA Basic with source code (just search for BBS if you're scroll impaired) ;)

https://docs.dev-docs.org/htm/search.php?find=gfa

Working properly.... haven't tried them in awhile.  But there is the source code.

There is another.... JoyBBS, that I have to find... I think a good chunk of it is not in English (Checz?)

awesome! thank you!

I just added the Gotek + old + rotary encoder  to the ST... and the upgraded TOS.. and JUST plugged in the UltraSatan... guess I need some drivers for that.. 

and I just got a notification that my memory upgrade was just shipped.. wooooot!

ill get the hard drive goin in the AM and then see what kind of trouble I can get into with the ST until the stuff for the 8bit arrives.

you guys are awesome :)

• 4 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 12:16 AM, rickcollette said:

awesome! thank you!

I just added the Gotek + old + rotary encoder  to the ST... and the upgraded TOS.. and JUST plugged in the UltraSatan... guess I need some drivers for that.. 

and I just got a notification that my memory upgrade was just shipped.. wooooot!

ill get the hard drive goin in the AM and then see what kind of trouble I can get into with the ST until the stuff for the 8bit arrives.

you guys are awesome :)

Rick are you good with GFA basic? IF you are interested in working on Foresight BBS I would love to work on it with you. I was never able to get it to answer the "modem" in its compiled form. But it is a very good BBS.. you can edit many items once compiled. and there are doors etc..etc.. 

I run  bikerbobsclubhouse.ddns.net:1040 on FoReMST .. I am having issues with that at the moment.. again with the "modem" device.. wether that be a UDS serial device or a Win232 modem.  But I love to tinker as well.. I have been playing for a while. 

I am in if you want to work on some stuff.   All work on regular STs .. usually you need at least 1mb.. I assume you will get up to 4mb on that 520??

Bikerbob

• 2 weeks later...