IGNORED

Changing boot order

Cyclonus

I'm working on this too.

Currently I have the refind boot manager on a USB flashdrive, and that boots first, which allows me to boot Ubuntu by default instead of Atari OS.

That works, but I want to do it without consuming a USB port.

Some have installed a boot manager like Refind or Grub onto the Atari OS drive, which gives you the option to choose OS and set default.   I don't really want to alter my Atari OS partitions, but if it comes to that I will. 

How did you disable the Atari OS drive?    I tried several options in BIOS but I couldn't get it so that it disabled the eMMC but booted from the SSD

The update to the BIOS in this last system update referred to improving PC-Mode boot support.
I think the situation may have changed since that.
- For a Windows installation on USB, that will auto-boot by priority over AtariOS, if connected.
- Ubuntu should do the same, but there is the requirement to sign UEFI after install for that to work.
I didn't have chance to check out my various external boot disks, since the update, to check.

9 minutes ago, justclaws said:

The update to the BIOS in this last system update referred to improving PC-Mode boot support.

Yeah I saw that,  I went into the BIOS last night after receiving the update, and there are definite changes to the options, but I still didn't see a way to make the SSD the first boot option. 

11 minutes ago, justclaws said:

Ubuntu should do the same, but there is the requirement to sign UEFI after install for that to work.

I installed ubuntu 20.04 on mine.   What do you have to do to sign it?   I thought Ubuntu took care of that?