IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Controller Adapters - Round 3 (Nurmix)

nurmix

Thanks, guys.

I’ll be following up with all the PMs soon. And yes, Cmart… I intend to get the latest episode of The Intellivisionaries Podcast out before I start with the cables.

But most of the supplies have arrived…

c233e8dc23b3c9ca3c118df65e5fd06b.jpg

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just saw this. Would love Inty II cables. Fear I'm late to the game, but will send PM.

No one is late to the game, I haven’t restarted ‘production’ yet. The plan is to do that later this month or early February. Everyone who has contacted me here with a PM or through the podcast email will be hearing from me soon. It’s quite a list at this point!

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 9:43 AM, nurmix said:

No one is late to the game, I haven’t restarted ‘production’ yet. The plan is to do that later this month or early February. Everyone who has contacted me here with a PM or through the podcast email will be hearing from me soon. It’s quite a list at this point!

Thank you!   I am very thankful that you are making these.   Thanks for the update.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swlovinist said:

Thank you!   I am very thankful that you are making these.   Thanks for the update.  

Quick update.  As soon as I get the next episode of Intellivisionaries out (episode 43 - this month) I'll be contacting folks about the cables.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yes I would definitely like to buy the 2nd option that fit the 2609, but I can see how long the waiting period is so..... ?

Ditto for me except I want the 1st option.  Just got a used Sears Super Video Arcade with detachable controllers, but the disc on the second contoller is a little wonky so would like to use my Flashback controllers on it.  Emailed him at flashback@intellivisionaries.com two weeks ago but haven't heard back from him.  I'm sure he's probably busy and no doubt backed up with requests.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they've mentioned something about reaching out to those that emailed when something is available. I emailed and posted here quite a while back, but I'm just happy these might exist even if it will be a while.

I picked up a flashback just for its controllers in hopes of this coming through, but understand nothing is guaranteed. I've got an Intellivision II myself, freshly recapped and RGB modded, just needs some better controls!

• Like 1

Guys, @larryvgs @Hastor @hyrulebr

Please check out the Intellivision High Score Club. This week we are playing Sewer Sam and Frog Bog. Next game up is Congo Bongo. All you need is a screen shot of your final score and you are entered. See link below.... ?

https://atariage.com/forums/forum/128-intellivision-high-score-club/

Cheers, ?

Rickster8

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried making my own Flashback adapter with an extension cable I got at a local retro store here in town yesterday.  Tired 3 different color matchups this morning, one from nurmix's video, one from a post he left, and another from Wongojack in Round 2 of this post and unfortunately none of them worked.  Guess I'll just have to wait until he starts responding to emails and making them again.  From post #28 it seems he's got the suppllies.  ?

On a more positive note, I recently bought a "for parts only" 2609 Intellivision on EBay hoping to take a good membrane from one of the controllers (or Mylar Matrix as Intellivision Collector calls them) and use them in one of my original controllers in which the disc was only working in 13 directions as opposed to 16.  I followed the instructions from the Original Mattel Service Flyer for the Matrix removal/installation I found at Intellivision Collector.  You need to follow the instructions carefully (I messed up reassembling the controller twice) but it's actually pretty easy once you know what you're doing.  The membranes inside the "for parts only" unit I bought looked like 1st generation and like they had hardly been used.  Restored my 13 direction controller to like new.  I've since bought another working Intellivision from a local retro store where the controller discs could barely manage 4 directions, much less 13.  But based on my experience replacing the membrane in my other controller, instead of taking the chance buying another "for parts only" unit that might have worn membranes, I've gone ahead and ordered new ones from Intellivision Collector and am looking forward to the result.  Unless your controller's buttons are in bad shape, this seems like a decent option for many if your discs are not working like they used to.  And while I've now failed miserably 3 times at making my own Flashback controller adapter (because those controllers really are nice), on my third try replacing the membrane in my original controller, it actually turned out great.

7 hours ago, larryvgs said:

Well, I tried making my own Flashback adapter with an extension cable I got at a local retro store here in town yesterday.  Tired 3 different color matchups this morning, one from nurmix's video, one from a post he left, and another from Wongojack in Round 2 of this post and unfortunately none of them worked.

You have to make sure the pins map correctly.  This is what I have.

FB-DE9, 2609-console, Sears/Int2-DE9

1,  2,  4
2,  9,  6
3,  1,  5
4,  4,  2
5,  6,  9
6,  7,  8
7,  8,  7
8,  3,  3
9,  5,  1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

You have to make sure the pins map correctly.  This is what I have.

FB-DE9, 2609-console, Sears/Int2-DE9

1,  2,  4
2,  9,  6
3,  1,  5
4,  4,  2
5,  6,  9
6,  7,  8
7,  8,  7
8,  3,  3
9,  5,  1

Thanks for your help.  After a good night's sleep I verified all the pin colors in the cable and their mapping, decided to give it another go, and maybe it was because one of the wires had come apart before when I was testing, but this time for some reason it worked.  I did my usual lousy soldering job (but good enough for this) taped everything up with electrician's tape and everything is now working great.  I still suck at Tron Deadly Discs but now I can't blame it on the Flashback controller.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...