IGNORED

Old game franchises that haven’t released new games in 10 or more years

On 9/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, electricmastro said:

Well, I suppose there's always the Wipeout games people can look forward to now, as well the FAST series which has helped fill in the F-Zero void for Nintendo fans.

the Fast series is nothing at all like F-Zero in any way shape or form other than perhaps racing in space?  I've yearned for years and years for Nintendo to release a new F-Zero, but they lost me.  I find all their first party stuff utter shlock these days. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Great game. If Nintendo can't be bothered to develop another F-Zero, hand the licence to these guys, what's the worst that could happen?

Because then it would be a crappy game.   This is actually my all time favorite genre (subgenre) of games and it's crazy how talked up the Fast games are.  They are okay, and are pretty, but not good...  not at all.  I actually think Pacer and (gasp) Antigraviator are much better.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

Because then it would be a crappy game.   This is actually my all time favorite genre (subgenre) of games and it's crazy how talked up the Fast games are.  They are okay, and are pretty, but not good...  not at all.  I actually think Pacer and (gasp) Antigraviator are much better.

I thought RMX actually had the feel of F-Zero GX down pretty well. H ad a good time with it, bar the horrible rubber-banding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Motorstorm on PlayStation. And also WipEout, tho that did get a release sorta with the omega collection on PS4. If neither get a proper sequel this gen I'll be hopping on Xbox One X instead of the PS5 as soon as electronics scalping scrubville stops.  Just recently gotten into the Forza and Forza Horizon series and that's doing a great job at scratching my racing itch for the time being.  I'm afraid Sony is gonna lose me this gen until it's mid gen refresh comes out I'll probably jump in and buy all the racing games for cheap which is pretty much what I do for all systems eventually anyway.  

Edited by NeonSpaceBeagle

5 hours ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

I swear I saw a new one in the series that just came out very recently..  am I crazy? It's on the PlayStation or Xbox store..

Okay see this made me decide to hook up the tg16 today. Thanks!

Probably thinking of the 2~ years old maybe now Demon's Tilt pinball for PC through Steam (maybe others) and it was made to be unofficially like part of this franchise of games.

Also there was a really nice Balloon Fight GB game too only on download at Lawsons kiosks in Japan back in the day too @electricmastro

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Probably thinking of the 2~ years old maybe now Demon's Tilt pinball for PC through Steam (maybe others) and it was made to be unofficially like part of this franchise of games.

Also there was a really nice Balloon Fight GB game too only on download at Lawsons kiosks in Japan back in the day too @electricmastro

I was also surprised to learn that the first Hello Kitty game was a Balloon Kid port:

5 hours ago, electricmastro said:

I was also surprised to learn that the first Hello Kitty game was a Balloon Kid port:

Hello Kitty World, fantastic little game it is.  I had owned it at one point, really wish I hadn't sold it.  Sanrio or not, it's an excellent Gameboy to Famicom port.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

I swear I saw a new one in the series that just came out very recently..  am I crazy? It's on the PlayStation or Xbox store..

Okay see this made me decide to hook up the tg16 today. Thanks!

You're a little crazy. Or mistaking it for "Demon's Tilt," which has similar themes. I prefer the old games, but the new one OK. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon's_Tilt

Which reminds me, I would love to see Last Gladiators Pinball again, without hooking up my Saturn. There was a mobile version about 10 years ago but it was abandoned. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Pinball:_Last_Gladiators

Wipeout (racing game) got a PS4 remaster in 2017 but it seems like it's been longer. ?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...