IGNORED

Can someone help me price a lot

marc.teeters

Hi guys, I know the old adage that a person can't buy and sell an item at the same time but maybe someone can give me a rough guess. I picked up this lot untested at a flea market a few weeks and have decided I'm ultimately never going to mess with it as I've gotten to the point in my life where I don't like fighting old hardware anymore. ( I know,shame on me but I've kept my old carts and some clone systems). I got a great deal and maybe someone will want to tinker with it. The guy told me everything worked but I've been told lie several times so let's assume it all needs a good going through. The lot included:

1 : Colecovision system with original controllers and 2 power supplies, in pretty good shape cosmetically considering the age and that it was bought at an outdoor flea market.

1: Coleco expansion module 1 , also in pretty good shape.

2 sets of Adam controllers, 1 set is nice and the other has 1 ok and 1 crusty

1 set of super action controllers, again both are nice but 1 has a fray in the cord.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

maybe $20-$40, maybe less.  Based on everything untested and nasty dirty, so you have to consider everything not working and no games. One of the adam controllers looked like it has been sitting under water, and one controller wire possible eaten through by mice or rats you tend to assume that it was poorly treated. Also, pictures seem to be selective, no complete picture of the CV.  Might be other issues that would be obvious.

maybe $20-$40, maybe less.  Based on everything untested and nasty dirty, so you have to consider everything not working and no games. One of the adam controllers looked like it has been sitting under water, and one controller wire possible eaten through by mice or rats you tend to assume that it was poorly treated. Also, pictures seem to be selective, no complete picture of the CV.  Might be other issues that would be obvious.
I'll add some more pictures, and yes the one Adam controller is toasty.

Pics, smicks… sorry dude.

If you are not willing to connect a couple cables to test the system and the extras, then everyone will consider it not working.

Considering what it would cost to ship to someone (if there are no local takers) willing to take on some projects, this is strictly FOR PARTS.

• Like 1

By this I hope you mean an RF cable, at the very least you should know that is not a composite output and will require either an RF switchbox and not the Nintendo type but one with a slider or a RF to coaxial adaptor to a television that can tune to the channel it is set to output on. I am not assuming you don't know this, just been experience that many especially those who just end up with this type of stuff do not. Just don't want you plugging it in and thinking it is not working because you get fuzzy signal or none at all. Welcome to pre-NES consoles!

For reference - 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, marc.teeters said:

1 : Colecovision system with original controllers and 2 power supplies, in pretty good shape cosmetically considering the age and that it was bought at an outdoor flea market.

1: Coleco expansion module 1 , also in pretty good shape.

2 sets of Adam controllers, 1 set is nice and the other has 1 ok and 1 crusty

1 set of super action controllers, again both are nice but 1 has a fray in the cord.

I would say Colecovision would be 60-80 dollars, which is about what I brought with 4 games(1 broken one). You do have the power supply.  One might be working, the other might be dead.  I got both US and Canada supply, the one that ends with the plug is the Canadian power supply.  You could use NES or other system's RF to test the system, but those are automatic switchboxes will show snow.  If you have the Atari manual rf switch box, I believe that would work with the system.

Expansion module, I would set it for 20.

The controllers would be 10-30 dollars each.  I would test them since the spring in the controller might be worn out and won't make contact.  I once used a cut out cardboard from a pepsi case to make the contact connect better.  You can probably give the ADAM controller a nice cleaning to make it less dusty and appealing to sell. SAC are a bit harder to clean.

By this I hope you mean an RF cable, at the very least you should know that is not a composite output and will require either an RF switchbox and not the Nintendo type but one with a slider or a RF to coaxial adaptor to a television that can tune to the channel it is set to output on. I am not assuming you don't know this, just been experience that many especially those who just end up with this type of stuff do not. Just don't want you plugging it in and thinking it is not working because you get fuzzy signal or none at all. Welcome to pre-NES consoles!
For reference - 

I had one a few years but it never worked right, bought a second and it never worked exactly right either but to be fair I never really did much to them. I just used the cables from my Ataris on those but I have since gotten rid of all my Atari consoles and replaced them with a Retron 77. I'm sure I'm really endearing myself to the community here by saying stuff like that. Coleco was actually my first console as a kid and I've always had a soft spot for them. We recently downsized houses though and I had gotten rid of the majority of my collection. However I came across this lot a few weeks ago and got it for next to nothing and thought I would try to save it from the trash bin for someone as I know they are very uncommon (at least in Appalachia where I live).45cd51f2a4c393938d7e5bb69c2bf982.jpg

• Like 1