IGNORED

Lookin for the Express Cart companion Floppy

ndary

Did this come with a disk? The manual says it can run without a disk drive. The config modem file for 850/MIO loads automatically. I am assuming the phone directory is something the cartridge makes as you add entries/phone numbers.

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-express_30026.html

While we're discussing the Express Cartridge, what kind of cartridge was used?  Was it an OSS (bank-switching) Supercart or something else such as a regular 16K eprom cart?  I used the disk version years ago but switched to Bobterm, so I don't recall much about Express.

2 hours ago, ndary said:

Hi.

i have the original Express Cartridge, but it seems its looking for a Configuration file and a Phone Directory on the floppy drive.

does any one has a copy of the floppy that came with the cart?

thanks

Loading Configuration File.png

Loading Phone Directory.png

@ndary, after set up of Express is complete you can save both out to the DOS disk of your choice... I prefer Sparta... it will create these files (Configuration file and a Phone Directory) for you from within it's own menus.. It will then load up whatever you chose as well as phone lists and macros on next entry. It also integrates well with BBS Express! afair

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

@ndary, after set up of Express is complete you can save both out to the DOS disk of your choice... I prefer Sparta... it will create these files (Configuration file and a Phone Directory) for you from within it's own menus.. It will then load up whatever you chose as well as phone lists and macros on next entry. It also integrates well with BBS Express! afair

Exactly!  And there is a small utility called CONTROL.COM that Keith wrote to allow toggling on/off the cart.  It can be downloaded from my BBS or I can upload it here after I move it from Atari to PC.

image.thumb.png.94e2f5a2598fb428ae9b0676145d7049.png

10 hours ago, Larry said:

While we're discussing the Express Cartridge, what kind of cartridge was used?  Was it an OSS (bank-switching) Supercart or something else such as a regular 16K eprom cart?  I used the disk version years ago but switched to Bobterm, so I don't recall much about Express.

It's a stackable ICD cart, with a custom GAL, like SDX and Diamond.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:18 PM, David_P said:

It's a stackable ICD cart, with a custom GAL, like SDX and Diamond.

Yes, the PCB's for these three 64K bankswitching carts are the same I believe, the main difference in the GAL that places the control register at slightly different addresses so they can each be individually controlled: banking and turned on/off.

I got some repros from kenames99 a few months ago, yet to burn the requisite eproms and test though.

• Like 1