IGNORED

Best Intellivision HDMI solution

Rev

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Im sure there is a bunch of methods to get the Intv hooked up via HDMI. 

What way do some of yall use?

Bought an RGB modded Intellivision on eBay and it’s amazing. Plays all games in full 1080p HD via SCART cable plugged through a converter device like this:

image.jpeg.eb206c9cad2c1bf492f7043d53711d01.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

If you want the best get a Framemeister.

I resisted playing on a digital TV until my crt died a year or two ago, but am now pleasantly surprised that lag really is as minimal as people claimed for years.

I don't have experience with cheaper alternatives (I've heard that OSSC is hit or miss) but a Framemeister is the safest bet for all classic consoles.

I did buy the system suggested in the tread "THE ULTIMATE WAY to hook up your Intellivision to an HDMI system!!! RF-to-HDMI converter!!!" on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-to-HDMI-All-standard-Converter-Adapter-Analog-Receiver-TV-Box-Remote-Control-/184466011877?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
but didn’t test yet…

What do you think about?

For those who do HDMI, do you set the screen aspect ratio to 4:3, or do you go with 16:9 so everything is stretched out and the running man is too short and overweight?

I can’t stand when something - game system, old VHS tape - that’s supposed to be 4:3 is stretched to 16:9. So my Ultimate Flashback is set to 4:3.

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

11 hours ago, nurmix said:

For those who do HDMI, do you set the screen aspect ratio to 4:3, or do you go with 16:9 so everything is stretched out and the running man is too short and overweight?

I can’t stand when something - game system, old VHS tape - that’s supposed to be 4:3 is stretched to 16:9. So my Ultimate Flashback is set to 4:3.

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

I stretch it out to 16:9 so it fills up my 65” screen. I think it looks great. 

• Like 1

I have two different intellivision models, each with a different RGB setup in them. But the one I use the most is my SVA and I actually just use it with my OSSC as it works with all modes minus like 3x I think because that produces a resolution that my 1080P TV in the game room just doesn't support. But I also have a RetroTink2x SCART in the lab area for testing RGB SCART on the consoles I service and that also works very well! I also have one of the cheap SCART to HDMI converters that was listed above, but using it does introduce noticed lag and I have to constantly change the aspect on that device from 16:9 to 4:3 or more exact, I have to use a resolution from it that outputs at 4:3. The OSSC and the Tink2x do not have this issue as they know what the source image is and maintain that proper aspect in the process of the line doubling on the Tink2x or 5x in the case of my OSSC.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:13 AM, Morpheus said:

I did buy the system suggested in the tread "THE ULTIMATE WAY to hook up your Intellivision to an HDMI system!!! RF-to-HDMI converter!!!" on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-to-HDMI-All-standard-Converter-Adapter-Analog-Receiver-TV-Box-Remote-Control-/184466011877?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
but didn’t test yet…

What do you think about?

....and my video on it from my "Ray Jackson Reviews" series on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel:

• Thanks 1

but didn’t test yet…

What do you think about?

I'm glad my video and thread influevnced you to get it, but, don't forget, it has a PAL (DVB-T) antenna jack so to use your Intellivision with it you're gonna need an RCA-to-PAL adapter, something similar to this, in which I bought and highly recommend for this device. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/231190947531

but didn’t test yet…

What do you think about?

I'm glad my video and thread influevnced you to get it, but, don't forget, it has a PAL (DVB-T) antenna jack so to use your Intellivision with it you're gonna need an RCA-to-PAL adapter, something similar to this, in which I bought and highly recommend for this device. 

Here is that thread I posted back in June:

Edited by BIGHMW

On 9/17/2021 at 1:05 AM, BIGHMW said:

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I did buy also the adapters !

And in few days I should receive everything and be able to let play my nephew the Intellivision I gave him with his TV!

Me, I’m old style and I use an old TV!?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

I prefer to set my aspect ratio to 4:3 or direct.

....and yes, the RF-to-HDMI converter has its own onboard set of controls much like a TV does (color/tint/brightness/contrast) as well as a 4:3/16:9 ratio control, all accessible using the remote and following the onscreen menu (after you get it from Chinese to English), for details watch my video in an earlier post on this thread.

• Like 1