IGNORED

Data Sheet wanted.

atrax27407

Some careful digging has turned up a possible cause for the lack of a TMS2532A datasheet. The TMS2532 and the TMS2564 are both in the 1984 MOS Memory Data Book from TI, but the next edition, from 1986, has completely removed all references to the TMS25XX series of EPROM memory chips. That said, I suspect that the TMS2532A data sheet was only available as a paper copy for a short time (maybe a year or so) and may have never actually been electronically archived. The one @DuaneAL points to is the same one found in the 1984 TI MOS Memory book, and is for the TMS2532 (even though the source says it is for the TMS2532A, as I downloaded it to check earlier today).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DuaneAL said:

You mean there is misinformation on the internet?  Someone must inform the authorities!  Sorry for the false lead. 

I just ordered a copy of the 1980 version of the MOS Memory data book to see if it might have been there (it was worth the $3 to see if earlier versions were more comprehensive in their coverage of the TMS25XX family).

I am so used to finding misinformation on the net that I always cross-check any data I find three or four ways, LOLOL. Thanks for the try though--this one is a really hard nut to crack.

• Like 2

I read that thread. I've not had a problem programming either a TMS2532 (they program very nicely on a TL866CS at 21V with an adapter). Just select TMS2732A as a "template". The TMS2532As also program very nicely at 21V. I have never seen or found a datasheet for the TMS2532A anywhere. BTW, if you do a search for a TMS2532A, the only thing it brings up is the TMS2532 (nominally a 25V package).

The Motorola MCM2532C and Hitachi 2532 also work fine - they were licensed by TI and use the same production die.

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 1

What I surmise from my own research (and conversations with KSARUL) is that TI produced the TMS2532 which programs at between 21V - 25V very nicely. I have programmed several hundred TMS2532s at 21V on my TL866CS using the adapter developed by "The Great Gazoo". Back in the day, I programmed TMS2532As on the Mechatronic Eprommer at 21V and the TMS2532 at 25V. Both chips will program at 21V with my TL866CS. I have not tried to program a TMS2532A at 25V since I no longer have the ability to do so. 

The two chips likely use the same die or, as Jim pointed out, the TMS2532A might have some inconsequential mods that don't affect programming. It appears that the 2532A appeared for a relatively short time just before TI abandoned production of the 25xx series entirely - hence no data sheet. At that time, TI licensed production of the TMS2532 to both Motorola (MCM2532) and Hitachi (HN462532G). Those are, to my knowledge, the only licensees using the original die. The TMS2532s are currently produced by Rochester Electronics using TI's original die.

There are several others floating around like the ST M2532 and the SGS 2532 (and probably others) that purport to be 2532s but are completely bogus and likely 2732s in disguise. 

• Like 2