IGNORED

The NEC PC-FX! Cooler than you'd imagine

awbacon

If you can read and understand Japanese then it's an 'ok' system I suppose (if you like that visual novel kind of stuff), but for English only speakers it's pretty bad.  There are only a handful of games that have been translated or don't have much text and of those only one or two are good.  It's a system for the hardcore collector or weeb.

3 minutes ago, Tempest said:

If you can read and understand Japanese then it's an 'ok' system I suppose (if you like that visual novel kind of stuff), but for English only speakers it's pretty bad.  There are only a handful of games that have been translated or don't have much text and of those only one or two are good.  It's a system for the hardcore collector or weeb.

I say there are seven quality titles even if you don't speak english :) and I'll be showing all seven haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If not for the PC-FXGA, I wouldn't own one. But I can't resist a good system-on-a-card, so I got the DOS/V version and...

While it's a fun & curious experience, there are only 4 games I actually care to play. So it's little more than a novelty to me. But yes, definitely a cool one.

BTW: I had loaned my whole kit to "LGR" so he could do up a proper video -- and boy, did he! I highly recommend it if you're interested in this sort of thang...

LGR Oddware - NEC PC-FXGA DOS/V Game Accelerator Card

Edited by DeathAdderSF
Added a link and some such.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I agree, it's quite a cool system and I particularly like the non-3D-ness of the console.

3D too often ages super badly and more often than not hurt gameplay compared to proper 2D.

The language thing is our own failure not the system's. And admittedly some storytelling of the PC-FX games appears to be 'special'.

But it also features games for young women iirc.