IGNORED

How does the Switch connect to the dock?

Lord Mushroom

3 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

I know it connects to the power supply (through a USB), but do you have to aim the Switch to hit the right spot, or does it just glide into place or something?

I know the dock has an HDMI connection to connect to the TV, but how does the Switch send its video and sound to the dock?

Center of the dock is a USB-C style point that sticks out, it locks into that USB-C style jack on the bottom of your switch handheld device.  That's it.  Since it is as much a data transfer device as one to power/charge the handheld it instantly handshakes with the dock and kills the screen transferring all use and higher resolution output to the TV.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Center of the dock is a USB-C style point that sticks out, it locks into that USB-C style jack on the bottom of your switch handheld device.  That's it.  Since it is as much a data transfer device as one to power/charge the handheld it instantly handshakes with the dock and kills the screen transferring all use and higher resolution output to the TV.

I didn´t think that was possible. You live, you learn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

I know it connects to the power supply (through a USB), but do you have to aim the Switch to hit the right spot, or does it just glide into place or something?

I know the dock has an HDMI connection to connect to the TV, but how does the Switch send its video and sound to the dock?

Generally, it just "slides" right into the dock.  It's possible to misalign it, but it generally just fits.

• Thanks 1