TandyVision

Why isn;t there a pinned update topic on where the Amico is?

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

He shouldn't be doing any attacking.

Attacking any user seems petty. But why single him out when a user three posts above yours legitimately compared him to a chronic wife beater just for sharing his opinions about a game console on a gaming forum? Mr Beefy's posts in this thread have been largely focused on the certification process, part supplies and release feasibility, which are certainly on point for OP's topic.

On that note... My understanding is that the process of formal FCC/ISED certification can be excruciatingly time-consuming, easily three months after the final hardware has been submitted and all paperwork complete. Without knowing particularly how far along that process is, it becomes more uncertain whether Intellivision will have the necessary approvals to even contemplate pushing out any consoles yet this year.

By comparison, Panic Inc. (Playdate handheld that hopes to ship thousands of first-batch units yet this year) had an FCC company registration already in 2018 and then two separate approvals completed, one in July 2020 and one in May 2021. These approvals included submission of their entire finished hardware, user manual and test documentation and was a process that had evidence of such already on FCC's website last year. Atari VCS was similar in that FCC certification documentation and materials were submitted and completed in mid-2020, more than half a year before it first launched to backers. As it stands there are still no entries for Intellivision for any of their console/controller apparatus or even for the company itself. The only on-paper confirmation of certifications I've seen have been relating to the games themselves, but not the hardware.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, ashtonm said:

And that is why there is so much negativety around this console.

Ah, if that's the reason there's "so much" negativity, then the console itself should be ok once launched.

I thought the negativity was caused by something a little more, er... substantial than a bunch of online bickering. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Attacking any user seems petty. But why single him out when a user three posts above yours legitimately compared him to a chronic wife beater just for sharing his opinions about a game console on a gaming forum? Mr Beefy's posts in this thread have been largely focused on the certification process, part supplies and release feasibility, which are certainly on point for OP's topic.

On that note... My understanding is that the process of formal FCC/ISED certification can be excruciatingly time-consuming, easily three months after the final hardware has been submitted and all paperwork complete. Without knowing particularly how far along that process is, it becomes more uncertain whether Intellivision will have the necessary approvals to even contemplate pushing out any consoles yet this year.

By comparison, Panic Inc. (Playdate handheld that hopes to ship thousands of first-batch units yet this year) had an FCC company registration already in 2018 and then two separate approvals completed, one in July 2020 and one in May 2021. These approvals included submission of their entire finished hardware, user manual and test documentation and was a process that had evidence of such already on FCC's website last year. Atari VCS was similar in that FCC certification documentation and materials were submitted and completed in mid-2020, more than half a year before it first launched to backers. As it stands there are still no entries for Intellivision for any of their console/controller apparatus or even for the company itself. The only on-paper confirmation of certifications I've seen have been relating to the games themselves, but not the hardware.

FCC certifications can actually be issued by a third party, usually the testing lab.  When that's the case final filing and registering with the FCC can take one to two weeks.  Even if they go to manufacturing today it will be a while before Amicos ship, so there's no urgency.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ashtonm said:

I think Mr Beefy has every right to his opinion

This is the kind of thing everyone says (that people have every right to their opinions), but in reality very few people truly believe it.

Anyway, what is tainting this forum is not the expression of opinions, but the attitude of a few people have. More precisely, it is the rhetorical (manipulative) techniques they use in order to effect what they want.

A few people here want chaos. I never truly understood their motivation, but this is something they want. This is why being a little rough is sometimes necessary. That doesn't mean these people are not welcome, it only means they should learn to behave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Papy said:

This is the kind of thing everyone says (that people have every right to their opinions), but in reality very few people truly believe it.

Anyway, what is tainting this forum is not the expression of opinions, but the attitude of a few people have. More precisely, it is the rhetorical (manipulative) techniques they use in order to effect what they want.

A few people here want chaos. I never truly understood their motivation, but this is something they want. This is why being a little rough is sometimes necessary. That doesn't mean these people are not welcome, it only means they should learn to behave.

If you're going to call out others on attitudes, you might want to cut down on randomly comparing people to wife beaters. Just saying. ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Papy said:

You're absolutely the worst offender.   You've obviously only joined AtariAge to White Knight for Amico, and you have all of the grace, and social skills of the Amico PR team.   All you do is insult anyone who criticizes, try to get threads locked with your political ramblings, and oh yeah....a LOT of whining.

There's some necessary truth for you, Slappy. 

• Like 5

Seems nobody knows what the Amico status truly is.  I've played it but mass release seems far away. There's a lot needed to smoothly launch a console and Tommy doesn't seem like he Knowles what he's doing. A lot of grand posturing and saying that the "haters" are crazy and misinformed.  But there are other companies that were able to launch or continue to make consoles at least in batches.

However Amico doesn't seem to be ready on the software side either and I know the UI is a closely guarded secret.  When even a bit of UI was gonna be shown after a restart one of the streamer friends of Tommy made sure to stop filming immediately as if given instruction before.   The physical releases are a secret so they have something left to hype but UI would only be a secret cause it's not ready. Just like the already supposed to be finished Cornhole. 

There's a lot of negativity around Amico cause most information is filtered through Tommy and his cult like following.  Unable to handle criticism and act like there's only a few random people online that have problems yet soo surprised when big gaming sites post negative articles about Amico. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Papy said:

Seems to me that's the mods' place, not yours.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Encouraging good behaviour should be everyone's responsibility.

encouraging, yes, reinforcing negative behavior with more negative behavior isn't exactly a good example.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've ended up getting a refund for my deposit. For anyone else out there concerned about refunds, I'll say Amico responded within about a business day and was courteous and prompt with it. I wish everyone looking forward to the Amico the best of gaming, and hopefully the thing is both released and is cool. I think anyone still down for it will probably have a good time if it gets released, as they have been pretty clear about what the actual gaming will be like on the machine. I'm getting off this shaky train ride, though, at least for now. :) Something Tron-related will probably bring me back after it gets released...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Encouraging good behaviour should be everyone's responsibility.

Starting with the man in the mirror also should. ;)

(not meant to be directed to anyone in particular, just a general observation)

Edited by SegaMasterSystemPunk

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

I've ended up getting a refund for my deposit. For anyone else out there concerned about refunds, I'll say Amico responded within about a business day and was courteous and prompt with it. I wish everyone looking forward to the Amico the best of gaming, and hopefully the thing is both released and is cool. I think anyone still down for it will probably have a good time if it gets released, as they have been pretty clear about what the actual gaming will be like on the machine. I'm getting off this shaky train ride, though, at least for now. :) Something Tron-related will probably bring me back after it gets released...

Same here - it only took a day.

10 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

If you're going to call out others on attitudes, you might want to cut down on randomly comparing people to wife beaters. Just saying. ;)

It was not random. The analogy was justified. There are users here who only want to attack the Amico and Tommy Tallarico in particular. A few of them are even quite manipulative (and really good at it). They pretend to be interested in the project, but it's only to gaslight people.

Personally, I believe this attitude is seriously annoying.

What about you? Do you believe being here only to bash the Amico and to defame Tommy Tallarico is an acceptable behavior for this forum?

6 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

You're absolutely the worst offender.

Everyone can look at my post history.

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Seems to me that's the mods' place, not yours.  

The mods are caught between a rock and a hard place. If they ban or censor, they will be accused of being shills. If they don't, flamewars appear. What would you do as a mod? Would you allow people with bad intentions to speak? Or would you ban them?

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

encouraging, yes, reinforcing negative behavior with more negative behavior isn't exactly a good example.

Generally speaking, I agree that we should lead by example. However, this attitude does not work with everyone. With some people, confrontation is necessary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Papy said:

It was not random. The analogy was justified. There are users here who only want to attack the Amico and Tommy Tallarico in particular. A few of them are even quite manipulative (and really good at it). They pretend to be interested in the project, but it's only to gaslight people.

Personally, I believe this attitude is seriously annoying.

What about you? Do you believe being here only to bash the Amico and to defame Tommy Tallarico is an acceptable behavior for this forum?

The analogy was neither justified, nor necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If anyone would like to stop assuming what my thoughts are and actually find out, you can watch this interview from the now obliterated Oasis Channel. I think the only thing that may have changed is I think it is a little more expensive than I would like. 🤑

https://youtu.be/leDjFj2FLn4

On OP related news, gameplay trailers were suppose to be coming around the end of the month right? Or has that changed?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Papy said:

Everyone can look at my post history.

Some of your worst posts have been removed though, fortunately.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, Razzie.P said:

Ah, if that's the reason there's "so much" negativity, then the console itself should be ok once launched.

I thought the negativity was caused by something a little more, er... substantial than a bunch of online bickering. 

I really think the negativety has almost entirely been based on Tommy and how he interacts with people.  Sure some people think the games don't look great and the price is too high (well, it is too high). 

I think some of the games look good and I do think if it were to launch without bugs it could do OK. It's a shame they had to delay so much because it just allowed the negativety to continue to grow. 

I'm hoping to see some better games.  For me Astrosmash looks ok. I was hoping for something a little faster like Astroblast was on the 2600 (my favorite game all time). Skiing could be ok. Flying Tigers looks very good. Breakout is pretty good (played the demo). Moon Patrol seems like it's good.  

No real killer apps yet, but a decent amount of good. Some games look a bit crappy but meant for kids. 

Seems like a lot of games have been put on hold. Hardware seems good in some ways and not in others. Certainly unfinished in many ways even after all this time.  

We will see.  I'm unsure if it's going to make it or not.

8 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

The analogy was neither justified, nor necessary.

You didn't answer my question. Do you believe being here only to bash the Amico and to defame Tommy Tallarico is an acceptable behavior for this forum?

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Some of your worst posts have been removed though, fortunately.

Which ones? As far as I know, only one was deleted. Funnily, the one which was deleted was because I was against banning people (when mods were actually banning people on the Amico threads).

Having said this, I remember you didn't like some of my views on the difference between men and women in gaming. There was one time when you compared me to an old YouTuber named Sargon of Akkhad. Since this guy was a magnet for the woke crowd, I concluded from this that you are far left. At another time, as a response to my arguments (again on the difference between men and women and what impact it has on gaming), you replied only with a 🤢.

Il faut faire attention quand on crache en l'air, car cela finit par nous retomber sur la gueule. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Papy said:

There was one time when you compared me to an old YouTuber named Sargon of Akkhad. Since this guy was a magnet for the woke crowd, I concluded from this that you are far left.

I don't know that YouTuber so you may confusing me with someone else.

The barf reaction was me though, and I stand by it. 😝

La bave du crapaud n'atteint pas la blanche colombe. 😉

3 hours ago, Papy said:

Since this guy was a magnet for the woke crowd

And right there, I know everything I need to know.

• Like 3

Also, I don't think some people are trying to create "chaos", here. I understand some of you might feel that way from your point of view, but from ours, it's more about asserting our right not to be overly positive about the Amico.

I know it might sound ridiculous, but since a lot of us were banned from the thread formerly known as Q&A because we were suspected to be so-called haters, that's where we are now. I still don't know why I was banned (I didn't get any warning) and I know someone who was banned for reacting with the wrong emoji. And when the Amico section was created at AtariAge, a lot of people started to criticize the console and its management on new threads, while admitting they didn't dare to do it before from fear of being banned.

Ironically, one of the last things I said in the Q&A thread was that Tommy Tallarico and some of the Amico fans were probably responsible for creating "haters" here. A lot of us would be less aggressive if they had been treating us with respect. Which is why you're the one making things worse, Papy, like you may have willingly brought politics in other topics to have them locked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Your question wasn't relevant.

So you still don't want to condemn a behavior that is unfortunately plaguing this forum? Can I conclude that you condone it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free speech, and that includes criticism. I even think personal criticism is OK, even very harsh criticism. As I said, the only time one of my post was deleted by a mod was because I was advocating against banning people.

However, when someone repeat the same criticism again, and again, and again, then it is not about expressing an opinion anymore, it is about trying to influence. It is about having an agenda.

9 hours ago, Papy said:

So you still don't want to condemn a behavior that is unfortunately plaguing this forum? Can I conclude that you condone it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free speech, and that includes criticism. I even think personal criticism is OK, even very harsh criticism. As I said, the only time one of my post was deleted by a mod was because I was advocating against banning people.

However, when someone repeat the same criticism again, and again, and again, then it is not about expressing an opinion anymore, it is about trying to influence. It is about having an agenda.

It's still not relevant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1